First day of junior year. You walk into your high school. The sounds in the hallways hit your ears, familiar but still just a little too loud. You have a minor heart attack when you forget where you’re supposed to be, but you remember you’re starting your day with Algebra II. (Ugh.) You make your way through the halls. And before you know it, summer vacation is just a distant, sunscreen-scented memory…and your college search is closer than ever before.
Even if you’re not quite ready to start your college search (but, really, what have you got to lose?), it’s good to get prepared for the year to come. Because things aren’t going to slow down between now and April, you know?
Read these short blog posts to get a sense of the junior year college search timeline, getting your college search started, tips for dealing with stress, and more.
Junior year survival tips and college search advice
- The Ultimate Guide to the College Search: How to Find Your Perfect College Match: This is it. This is how you find the perfect college—or colleges—for you.
- How to Survive Junior Year: Junior year is often called the hardest year of high school. So you know what to expect and to make things a little easier, here are some tips on how to balance everything out.
- Hey, High School Juniors! Here's Your College Search Checklist: A fool-proof junior year getting-ready-for-college checklist!
- Standardized Test Timeline for High School Students: What to Take and When? From the SAT and SAT Subject Tests to the ACT and AP tests, you can encounter a lot of exams throughout high school.
- 12 Ways to Reduce Junior and Senior Year Stress: Six things you can do right now to ease your stress, plus six habits you can (and should) develop to keep your stress levels in check for a long time to come
- Getting Ready for Junior Year: Where to Begin? Junior year is a lot like a treasure hunt: it will be a lot easier if you have some sort of map or guide to help you along the way. Lucky for you, we have one right here!
- Athletic Recruitment: Junior Year: A step-by-step guide to college athletic recruitment your junior year of high school.