Five reasons why UNH could be your best choice
1. Experiential education
The University of New Haven’s philosophy can be summed up with a two-letter word: Do. We’ve flipped the model of most universities, so you’re not learning it now to eventually do it—you’re doing it now to learn it.
2. Professors who teach from experience
In most cases, your professors are either coming from years of working in the field that you’re studying, or they are still actively working in it. Because of this, they have the unique ability to not only impart knowledge but frame it with its real-world application.
3. Study abroad
Going out on your own into a totally foreign environment challenges you to grow and adapt like no other situation can. You can even get started right away by spending your very first semester at our satellite campus in Prato, Italy. There you’ll be taught by UNH faculty members with your fellow UNH students for the same cost as attending our main campus in West Haven, Connecticut.
4. Career development
Career development is integrated throughout your four years here, starting with the creation of a Personal Professional Development Plan in your freshman year. From there we connect you with an alumni mentor, set up job shadowing opportunities, help you secure key internships, polish your résumé, and help you master the art of the interview.
5. New facilities
$15.5 million David A. Beckerman Recreation Center
Break a sweat in the 58,000-sq. ft. David A. Beckerman Recreation Center, featuring the latest exercise equipment, a multi-court gymnasium, yoga, spin classes, Pilates, racquetball courts, lounges, locker rooms, a 1/10th-mile suspended running track, and a juice/smoothie bar.
Brand-new freshman residence hall
Opened in the fall of 2014, this new residence hall has created a dynamic hub of activity on campus. Although the top three stories of the building are residential units, the ground floor provides amenities to the University at large as well. A 250–280-seat dining room, common lounge spaces, office space for UNH personnel, and 2,300 square feet of classroom space with state-of-the-art technology are open to everyone. An impressive 90,000 square feet, the facility sits at the southwest corner of UNH’s main campus near Celentano Residence Hall and Kayo Field.
$9.4 million Henry C. Lee Institute
The Henry C. Lee Institute includes a Forensic Crisis Management Command Center, a forensics learning center, and a crime-scene training center, in addition to state-of-the-art laboratories and classrooms.
• Location: West Haven, Connecticut
• Enrollment: 4,600 full-time undergraduates
• Financial Aid: 90% of students receiving some form of financial aid
• Student-Faculty Ratio: 16:1
• Average Class Size: 23 students
• Faculty: 250 full time, with 90% holding a Ph.D. or other terminal degree in their field
• Colleges: Four distinct, career-enhancing colleges
• Programs of Study: More than 100 undergraduate and 30 graduate degree programs (including concentrations)
• Degrees Offered: Associate, bachelor’s, master’s, Ph.D.; dual majors or major plus minor
• Campus Life: More than 170 student clubs and organizations
• Athletics: 16 NCAA Division II men’s and women’s sports teams