Bryant prepares students for success in an age of unlimited global opportunity.
Throughout its more than 150-year history, Bryant University has earned a distinguished reputation for innovative academic programs and technology that are marketplace driven and highly attuned to the emerging needs of industry and society.
Bryant’s student-centered community of scholars delivers challenging academic programs that integrate business and the arts and sciences with an emphasis on real-world application and a global perspective.
Abundant cocurricular opportunities, service learning programs, internships, and practicums allow students to put theory into practice while building character and leadership skills.
More than 44,000 alumni are making a difference in their work and their communities around the world.
Bryant delivers an exceptional education for success in an age of unlimited global opportunity. The undergraduate curriculum is nationally recognized for innovation.
From the very first semester, you’ll find that Bryant’s interdisciplinary studies and engaged learning are designed with your success in mind. The Princeton Review notes that Bryant faculty are “good at teaching, but even better at providing real working knowledge.”
You’ll take notes from an industry expert in one class and be on site doing service learning in the next. Our world-class faculty integrate theoretical and applied concepts in a broad range of majors, from accounting to sociology, all complemented by rich cocurricular opportunities.
Discover your passion and create your own path as you develop the knowledge, skills, credentials, and qualities of character to become an active contributor who thinks in a global context.
Professionals from the start
How do you know a Bryant education can get you where you want to go? More than 99% of our graduates are employed or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation.
Bryant students are focused on preparing themselves to enter the dynamic global workforce. Employers tell us how much they love hiring accomplished Bryant graduates.
Our graduates prove to be assets to their employers from the get-go; the median starting salary for our graduates is $55,000.
Our academic programs are distinguished by the integration of business and the arts and sciences. That means all business majors must pair their studies with a minor in the liberal arts, and all liberal arts majors must have a business minor. This combination of critical thinking, writing skills, and a working knowledge of business pushes our graduates to the front of the pack in any field.
At Bryant we keep the classes small, and faculty meet the highest of standards—80% hold PhDs or have a terminal degree in their field. There are no large lecture halls, and 100% of your classes will be taught by professors—not teaching assistants or graduate students.
There are more than 100 courses of study to choose from, including basics like accounting, biology, and psychology, as well as contemporary programs like forensic science, social entrepreneurship, and international business.
Bryant, located in Smithfield, Rhode Island, boasts a beautiful, secure 435-acre campus just 15 minutes from downtown Providence and one hour from Boston.
We are a close-knit, friendly community; 82% of our students choose to live on campus. With 22 varsity sports teams, Division I spirit inspires the community to come together throughout the school year.
The campus life is as rich and diverse as its student body. There are more than 100 student clubs and organizations at Bryant, including Greek life and academic clubs.
Facts for transfer students
Every year Bryant welcomes students with prior university or college credit into our close-knit learning community. Students wishing to continue their education will find an institution with high academic standards, a rich student life, and access to the latest technology. Bryant makes the transfer process a smooth one by offering:
• Special transfer information and orientation sessions
• A friendly and accessible admission staff specifically assigned to meet the needs of transfer students
• Transfer enrollment for both the fall and spring semesters
• A credit evaluation indicating which classes will transfer (up to 62 credits from a two-year college, 92 credits from a four-year college), along with a curriculum summary identifying the Bryant courses to be completed
• Founded in 1863, Bryant is a private, nonprofit, coeducational, accredited four-year university.
• Located in Smithfield, Rhode Island, our safe, welcoming 435-acre campus is 15 minutes from Providence, one hour from Boston, and three hours from New York City.
• 3,532 full-time and part-time students
• 81% of students live on campus in single-sex and co-ed residence halls, suites, and townhouses.
• Average class size: 26 students
• 53 countries to choose from for study abroad
• 98.6% of students employed or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation
• Median first-year compensation for Class of 2014 graduates: $53,500
• Accredited by AACSB International (the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) and New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
• Bryant’s International Business program is a member of CUIBE, the Consortium for Undergraduate International Business Education.
Nearly 100 areas of study, including:
College of Business
• Computer Information Systems
• Financial Services
• Global Supply Chain Management
• Human Resource Management
• Information Technology
• International Business
College of Arts and Sciences
• Actuarial Mathematics
• Environmental Science
• Global Studies
• Literary and Cultural Studies
• Mathematics and Statistics
• Politics and Law
Room and Board: $14,269
Activity Fee: $387
Application Deadlines & Fees:
Early Decision I: November 1
Early Action: November 15
Early Decision II: January 15
Regular Decision: February 1
Application fee: $50
Financial Aid: Scholarships are offered based on academic criteria. Need-based financial aid is also available. The FAFSA form deadline is February 15.
Admission & Contact: The Office of Admission is open Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m., and Saturdays, 9:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m. During the summer months, the office is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.–4:00 p.m., and Saturdays, 9:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m. Call 800-622-7001 for more information.