Transferring to arcadia is easy
Set on a beautiful campus centered around the historic landmark Grey Towers Castle, Arcadia is a top-ranked private comprehensive university in Greater Philadelphia offering bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees. Just under 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students choose from 65+ fields of study.
The Arcadia promise
Arcadia University provides students with a distinctively global, integrative, and personal learning experience that prepares them for post-graduate success in a diverse and global world. With a student-faculty ratio of 13:1 and an average class size of 16, Arcadia students learn in a tight-knit community that inspires and encourages interaction, collaboration, and discussion.
Typically 15%–20% of the incoming class are transfer students. Arcadia will accept up to 75 credits from regionally accredited two-year colleges and up to 90 credits from regionally accredited four-year colleges. All incoming transfer students are reviewed for merit scholarships of up to $18,000.
A future you can count on
According to the Class of 2015 postgraduate outcomes survey, 99% of respondents are employed, in military service, in graduate school, or employed and in graduate school.
A competitive edge you can afford
At Arcadia scholarships, grants, and loans make a nationally recognized education affordable. Approximately 99% of full-time undergraduates receive merit scholarships and/or need-based grants through the University. Distinguished Scholarships and Achievement Awards recognize academic excellence, leadership, service, and exceptional participation in school and community activities. For more information, e-mail email@example.com.
Preview week abroad
Each year all new, full-time undergraduate students are offered the opportunity to participate in Preview, a week-long academic experience during spring break. Students sample the culture, history, and famous attractions of some of the world’s most distinctive countries while earning two academic credits.
Locations for 2016 included Chile, China, France, Greece, India, Ireland, Italy, Oman, Scotland, South Africa, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and South Korea.
Grab your passport!
Arcadia has been a leader in international academic experiences for nearly 70 years. It is no surprise, then, that the University has been ranked #1 in study abroad participation for the past six years.? Through University initiatives and the College of Global Studies, Arcadia students participate in more than 130 programs in 13 countries for about the same cost as study on the Glenside campus.
Undergraduate Fields of Study
• Actuarial Science
- Art Education Certification, Ceramics, Graphic Design, Illustration, Metals and Jewelry, Painting, Photography, Pre-art Therapy, Printmaking
• Art History*
- Biomedical, Conservation, Molecular Biology and Biochemistry
• Business Administration*?
- Economics, Finance, Management, Marketing
- Biochemistry, Chemical Professions, Forensic Science, Health Professions
• Computer Science*
• Computing Technology
• Criminal Justice*
• Cultural Anthropology*
- Early Elementary Education (PreK-4), Education with Dual Certification in PreK-4 and Special Education PreK-8
• Education Studies*
• Engineering (3+2, 4+2 with Columbia University, University of Pittsburgh, or Washington University in St. Louis)
- Creative Writing*
• Forensic Science (3+2, 4+2)
• French Studies (MAP)
• Global Legal Studies (MAP)
• Global Media (MAP)
- Cultural Studies, Digital Gaming Studies, Digital Media, Fashion Studies, Film Production, Media Industries, Media Production, New Media Journalism, Sound and Music, Visual Cultures, Visual Journalism, World Cinema
• Healthcare Administration*
• Interdisciplinary Science
• International Business and Culture?
- Economics, Finance, Management, Marketing
• International Peace and Conflict Resolution (3+2, 4+2)
• International Relations and Diplomacy (3+2, 4+2)
• International Studies*?
- Africa and the Middle East, the Americas, Europe and the Mediterranean, Global Health and Human Rights, the Social Life of Globalization, Sustainable Development
• Italian Studies (MAP)
• Law (3+3 with Drexel University)
• Media and Communication*?
- Corporate Communication, Print Communication, Video Communication, Individualized Concentration
• Optometry (3+4 with Salus University)
• Physical Therapy (4+DPT)
• Physician Assistant (4+2)
• Political Science*
- International Relations, Pre-law and Political Theory, US Politics and Policy
• Pre-art Therapy
- Pre-art Therapy, Individualized Options
• Public Health
• Scientific Illustration
• Spanish Cultural Studies (MAP)
• Sport Management*
• Sport Psychology (MAP)
• Theater Arts*
• 2+2 Pre-nursing with Thomas Jefferson University
(MAP) Majors Abroad Program, where students spend a full academic year studying in a foreign country
* Also available as a minor
? Three-year degree option
• Arts Entrepreneurship and Curatorial Studies
• Cinema Studies
• Elementary Mathematics Education
• Gender and Women’s Studies
• Global Public Health
• Jewish Studies
• Pan-African Studies
• Professional Writing
• Psychology (Human Resources)
• Secondary Education (7-12)
- Biology, Chemistry, English, General Science, Mathematics, Social Studies
• Studio Art
• World Cinema
One of 51 universities to offer a Peace Corps Prep Certificate