There is a world of possibilities at Gannon University—the possibilities that are within you. Here you will learn, cultivate lifelong friendships, and grow. Here you will find your possibility.
Inspiring academic success
With a 13:1 student-faculty ratio, the interactions you have with your professors will be among your most important experiences at Gannon. With over 100 bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees to choose from, here you will apply classroom learning to projects, research, and internships while working alongside faculty experts and professionals in the field.
Students have access to innovative technology and laboratories in exceptional learning environments, including:
• Forensic Investigation Center
• Human Performance Laboratory
• Center for Advanced Engineering
Home away from home
Our campus is a hub for learning, activity, and socializing, but, above all, it is a great place to call home.
When you arrive in the United States, you are greeted with a warm welcome. Members of the Office of Global Support and Student Engagement are available for assistance and provide:
• In-depth support in adjusting to Gannon’s academic and student life
• Ongoing assistance with immigration laws and regulations
• Transportation assistance upon arrival
To help students grow throughout their time at Gannon, additional services across campus are available, including:
• On-campus English Language and Global Training
• Academic support services within the Student Success Center
• Community events and scheduled excursions to various regional destinations
In just a short amount of time, you will feel at home at Gannon University.
Faith, friends, and fun
Gannon believes in educating not just intellectually but emotionally, socially, and spiritually as well. Our welcoming environment is the perfect place to make friends and participate in:
• One of over 100 clubs and organizations, such as Global Unity at Gannon University, Student Government Association, or Society of Women Engineers
• Service learning or community outreach during GIVE-Day or in the Gannon Goodwill Garden
• Gannon’s many intramural sports, club teams, or one of 20 Division II athletic teams
Gannon’s community is made up of students from 40 countries across the world, whose cultural and faith traditions contribute to Gannon’s inclusive, respectful, and caring community.
Location is everything
Students from around the globe enjoy Pennsylvania’s fourth-largest city, Erie, which boasts:
• Seven miles of beaches
• Tax-free shopping
• Minor league sports
• Vibrant entertainment and cultural scene
• Four seasons of fun
Gannon’s urban campus is at the center of the city of Erie. Only a two-hour drive from Cleveland, Ohio; Buffalo, New York; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; and Niagara Falls, Canada; Erie has small-town friendliness and big-city attractions.
We believe in your possibilities. Do you?
Erie is Pennsylvania’s fourth-largest city and is located in the northwest corner of the state on the shores of Lake Erie. It is approximately 120 miles north of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; 90 miles east of Cleveland, Ohio; and 90 miles west of Buffalo, New York. The campus is within five miles of Interstates 79 and 90 and five miles from Erie International Airport. Erie is also served by rail and bus transportation.
TYPE OF SCHOOL: Private Catholic university
SIZE OF CAMPUS: Urban campus
NUMBER OF STUDENTS: 4,343
NUMBER OF FACULTY: 629 full time, 910 part time
COLLEGES, PROGRAMS, AND DEGREES: Gannon offers over 100 bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees within its three colleges: College of Engineering and Business; Morosky College of Health Professions and Sciences; and College of Humanities, Education, and Social Sciences.
GEOGRAPHIC DIVERSITY: 733 global students from 40 countries are enrolled at Gannon.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SERVICES: Members of the International Student Office (ISO) at Gannon will pick you up from the airport when you first arrive and help you get settled. While you are here, the ISO will also provide:
• Ongoing support for immigration, cultural adjustment, and special needs
• Scheduled transportation assistance to nearby shopping areas
• Connection to employment opportunities
• Community and cultural events
• Ongoing referrals to academic advisors and other support services as needed
• Excursions to Niagara Falls and other regional destinations
• Alumni support at various levels
• On-campus English as a Second Language (ESL)
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT BUDGET:
University/Activity Fees $ 742
On-Campus Living (Double Occupancy in Freshman Hall) $ 5,340–$7,910
Meal Plan (227 meals per semester) $ 4,800
Total** $ 41,812–$44,382
* Tuition for Engineering, Computer Science, and Health
** Total dependent on room and board preferences, health insurance, and book costs
FINANCIAL AID: Awards are available for eligible international undergraduate students.
TEST SCORE REQUIREMENTS: For exemption from on-campus ESL placement tests, the following assessments are accepted:
• TOEFL scores of 550 (paper test), 213 (computer test), or 79 (iBT)
• ELS Language Center level 112 or a minimum IELTS band score of 6.5 in lieu of TOEFL
• A minimum PTE score of 53
• English3 score of 66
APPLICATION DEADLINES AND FEES: Applications for undergraduate programs are processed on an ongoing basis throughout the year. Certain pre-professional programs have varying application deadlines. Find out more at gannon.edu/admissions/international-admissions.