What happens when you put one of the world’s greatest teaching organizations next to one of the world’s greatest cities?
You get Saint Peter’s University, a Jesuit institute of higher education just minutes from New York City, a global center of culture, entertainment, business, and professional opportunities.
Saint Peter’s is one of 28 Jesuit colleges and universities in the United States and the only one in New Jersey. Established in 1872, Saint Peter’s University blends a unique learning experience shaped by rigorous academics, internships that provide real-word experience, community service, and a genuine, caring community that supports you long after graduation.
With an undergraduate student-faculty ratio of 13:1 and a stellar faculty committed to your success, Saint Peter’s offers more than 50 undergraduate majors as well as master’s-level and doctorate degree programs. We’re small enough to know you by name and big enough to bring the world to your door.
Transferring to Saint Peter’s
Saint Peter’s offers flexible transfer programs for students from community, junior, and four-year colleges. Our dedicated admissions staff provide individual academic advisement to ensure a smooth transition from your current college.
With Saint Peter’s, you are closer to graduation than you may think, as the University accepts up to 66 transfer credits from a community college and up to 90 credits from a four-year institution. Saint Peter’s also has articulation agreements with a number of community colleges, which allows applicants to enroll into Saint Peter’s at a discounted tuition rate. The University regularly hosts transfer days, where students are encouraged to attend to receive an admission decision and register for classes. The number of transfer students coming to Saint Peter’s continues to grow, and we want you to become a part of our student community!
Location, location, location
Saint Peter’s University is located in the heart of Jersey City, New Jersey, which provides students with unbeatable cultural experiences, and internship and career opportunities. Being at Saint Peter’s means you are a 12- minute train ride from the heart of New York City. Gallery openings, parks, museums, shops, and shows are right at your fingertips. The other serious advantage of our location is any job, internship, or professional interest you can think of is close by. In fact, we offer several courses in the city, making it an extension of our classrooms. Whether you choose to live on campus or commute, you will enjoy the benefits of our location.
Value of a Jesuit education
Jesuit means many things to many people. Here’s what it means to us: our students come here to earn a degree but leave with so much more. They develop a desire to serve—whether it’s with a cause or an organization, or a lifelong commitment to giving back. They build an unshakeable foundation of ethics to guide their future achievements. And they build a sense of community that lasts a lifetime. Our Jesuit-based education not only prepares them for their careers but also inspires them to be caring, contributing members of society.
Over the last few years, Saint Peter’s has been modernizing facilities to improve the overall student experience. The Mac Mahon Student Center is a nearly 90,000-sq. ft., six-story facility that now serves as the hub for student life. The Center offers a wide variety of dining options, a fitness center, meeting spaces for student clubs and activities, a performance space, a game room, and more.
Fall 2014 marked the opening of the School of Business and the School of Education. Both new spaces bring the latest technology and resources to our students. The School of Business has a modern financial trading room, project rooms for student-faculty collaboration, and seminar rooms with smart technology for teaching. Similarly, the School of Education space hosts Saint Peter’s University Center for Collaborative Learning and a curriculum resource/media center.
Hands-on experience from the moment you arrive
We know that our graduates gain just as much experience outside of the classroom as they do inside, which is why we make it a priority to connect students with great learning opportunities at companies, organizations, and programs worldwide. Many of our students participate in internships with world-renowned companies and organizations. Students also have the opportunity to study internationally through the Center for Global Learning or work hand-in-hand with faculty to conduct innovative research in various areas of study.
Saint Peter’s University offers students a well-rounded liberal arts curriculum, exponential career opportunities, and spiritual and service-oriented experiences within a caring, student-centered community.
Saint Peter’s University at a Glance
Campus and Location
• Saint Peter’s University is one of 28 Jesuit colleges and universities in the United States and the only one in New Jersey.
• The campus is set on 30 acres in Jersey City, the second-largest city in New Jersey.
• New York City is 12 minutes away by PATH train.
• Our remarkably diverse undergraduate and graduate student body originates from 29 states and more than 36 countries around the world.
• Approximately 3,300 students attend Saint Peter’s.
• Average class size is 22 students, with a student-faculty ratio of 13:1.
Academic Programs and Student Services
• Saint Peter’s University offers over 60 undergraduate, adult undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs.
• Combined five-year bachelor’s/master’s programs are available in business, computer science, education, and criminal justice.
• Take advantage of our content-based tutoring, Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF) for qualifying New Jersey residents, an expansive information resource center with multimedia labs, and personalized faculty advising to help plan your academic path for post-baccalaureate success.
Tuition and Fees for 2015–2016
• Undergraduate: $33,136 per year, plus fees, housing, meals, and expenses
• Evening session undergraduate: $775 per credit
• Graduate/Doctorate: $1,020 per credit
• Financial aid is granted to 98% of our full-time undergraduate students in the form of academic, need-based, and athletic grants. The average financial aid package is more than $20,000.
• Transfer student scholarships are available, ranging from $7,000–$22,000 per year.
• Through our Office of Career Services, we provide assistance in finding full-time jobs. Workshops, individualized advising, and resource materials help students fine-tune their career goals.
• Saint Peter’s University is proud of its diverse, talented, and active alumni body, with more than 33,000 graduates working in business, law, medicine, education, politics, public service, the sciences, arts, and humanities.
• Saint Peter’s fields 19 NCAA Division I intercollegiate athletic teams. We are a founding member of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC). Our MAAC Conference championships include five titles for women’s track & field (2011–2013), the men’s basketball team’s 2011 championship, and two men’s golf team titles (2014 and 2015).
• Numerous intramural sports programs promote physical and social interaction indoors and on the fields.
• More than 50 student-run organizations offer activities to complement the academic experience.
• Through a number of volunteer opportunities that foster relationships with local, national, and global associations, approximately 800 students contribute more than 57,000 hours of community engagement annually.
• Religious services and spiritual retreats are offered for all faiths.
• Our residential urban campus offers a variety of student housing options; 60% of students commute from the New York/New Jersey metro area.