Live a Barry Life.
Barry University in Miami, Florida, offers exciting learning opportunities and so much more. You work with professors. You study by the pool on a campus lined with palm trees. You attend mass at Cor Jesu Chapel, the heart of the University. You chat with an author or CEO after a lecture. You cheer on one of our championship athletic programs like tennis, volleyball, or rowing. You spend Saturdays with friends on South Beach. You conduct your own research. You learn how to kayak or scuba dive. You intern at a multinational company. You make a difference.
By living in the international city of Miami and learning with students from around the world, your college experience will be anything but typical. What’s more, Barry University is among the largest Catholic universities in the Southeast. As a student you’ll quickly realize that Barry offers far more than classrooms and tests; learning comes from everything around you.
Prepare for your future
At Barry you have many opportunities to deepen your education, such as an Honors Program that engages you with classes in culture and philosophy. You study abroad in France and walk in the footsteps of St. Dominic. You earn your master’s degree with just an extra year of study—Barry offers seamless five-year bachelor’s-to-master’s programs in fields such as Education, Sports Management, and Social Work.
No matter what path you choose, you gain hands-on experience before you graduate. You help produce a television show during your internship at MTV Latin America, one of more than 700 multinational companies in Miami. You present your research findings at a national conference with the support of your professor (who has also become a trusted mentor). You analyze business development opportunities in an economically disadvantaged neighborhood. At Barry you apply what you’ve learned in the classroom to a rapidly changing world.
Make a difference
By honoring Barry University’s Adrian Dominican traditions, you do more than advance your career; you learn to make the world a better place. Barry’s Center for Community Service Initiatives fosters partnerships with community organizations, so some of your classes use service learning to integrate your course work with community needs. You use photography to help at-risk teens see the world through a different lens. You help migrant farmworkers advocate for fair treatment. You give the gift of shelter to a deserving family with Habitat for Humanity. You live Barry University’s commitment to social justice and collaborative service.
As a Barry student, you express yourself—after all, there are more than 60 student organizations to choose from. Best of all, you develop leadership skills and make lifelong friendships at the same time. You run for student office and become a voice for your peers. You lead an intramural sports team to a tournament win.
You also support—or compete on—one of Barry’s 12 varsity teams. A member of NCAA Division II and the Sunshine State Conference, the Barry Buccaneers have won 16 NCAA national championships.
Afford your education
With all that it has to offer, Barry strives to provide the resources to make your education—and college experience—affordable for you and your family. Through scholarships, grants, work-study programs, and low-interest loans, more than 90% of all undergraduates receive some form of financial aid.
Ready to live a Barry life? Contact us to schedule a campus visit or speak to an admissions counselor.
- International Advertising
• Applied Sport and Exercise Sciences
- Art History, Graphic Design, Studio Art
• Athletic Training
- Five-year seamless BS to MS
- Marine, Pre-dental, Pre-medical,Pre-pharmacy, and other health specializations
• Broadcast and Emerging Media
• Business Administration
- Accounting, Finance, International Business, Management, Marketing
• Cardiovascular Perfusion
- Biochemistry, Pre-dental, Pre-medical, Pre-pharmacy, Pre-veterinary
• Clinical Biology
- Histotechnology, Medical Technology
• Communication and Media Studies
• Computer Information Sciences
• Computer Science
- Infancy to Early Childhood (Birth–Grade 3), Early and Middle Childhood (Grades K–6), Special Education (Grades K–12), ESOL and Reading Endorsements, BS with MS option
- Literature, Professional Writing
• Exercise Physiology
- Five-year seamless BS to MS
• General Studies
• International Studies
• Mathematical Sciences
- Computational Mathematics, General Mathematics, Statistics/Actuarial Science
- Instrumental Performance, Music Education, Vocal Performance
• Political Science
- Forensic, Industrial/Organizational
• Public Relations
• Social Work
- Five-year seamless BSW to MSW
- Language and Literature, Translation and Interpretation
• Sport, Exercise, and Performance Psychology
• Sport Management
- Diving Industry, five-year seamless BS to MS
- Acting, Dance Theatre, Technical Theatre
* Two-year non-degree program