On January 1, 2015, Mount St. Mary’s College became Mount Saint Mary’s University, beginning an exciting new chapter for this independent Catholic school founded in 1925.
Since then, Mount Saint Mary’s University has provided a values-based undergraduate education for women specializing in the liberal arts and sciences.
Our students are encouraged to explore their ideas and define their ideals as leaders in the community. Students can choose from more than 30 majors, plus internships, study abroad, research with faculty, and other experiential learning opportunities that complement classroom studies.
A Mount education means students are required to both understand their major in depth and develop a broad understanding of how it affects society. Through a specially designed curriculum, students become engaged participants in their instruction. Infused with internships, research opportunities, and experiential learning, students apply their knowledge and gain real-world skills.
The mission of the University is to develop leaders and critical thinkers equipped with the necessary tools to succeed in an ever-changing and multifaceted world. Further, we strongly believe a college education should allow students the opportunity to follow their hearts while leading with their minds.
Mount Saint Mary’s is unique in that it offers two beautiful campuses to explore and consider. The Chalon Campus, perched in the Brentwood Hills overlooking Santa Monica, is home to our traditional undergraduate programs. Situated on peaceful, wooded grounds just south of downtown Los Angeles in the historic West Adams district, our Doheny Campus houses the traditional undergraduate, graduate, and educational credential programs.
Both our hillside and downtown havens immerse students in small, safe communities that are in close proximity to a major business district, entertainment venues, beaches, mountains, and much more. Few institutions can expose students to the types of experiences offered by the vibrant and diverse learning lab of Los Angeles.
The Mount Saint Mary’s advantage is about providing students with an abundance of opportunities, including available classes and great academics at a price that is affordable to the average family. This extra advantage, however, should not come at a price that self-selects its audience.
Our generous financial aid packages, combined with merit scholarships (up to $18,000), make us a competitive option for families that are shopping for the “right” school. Our goal is to provide students with all of the advantages of a small private institution but at a cost that is realistic in today’s changing economy.
At A Glance
• Type of University: Private,
• Number of Students: 3,196 (full and part time)
• Number of Faculty: 433
• Degrees Awarded: A.A., B.A., B.S., B.S.N., D.P.T., M.A., M.B.A., M.S., M.S.N.
• Financial Aid: FAFSA required; 98% of students receiving need-based aid
• Test Score Requirements: SAT or ACT; TOEFL required for international students
• Application Deadlines: Early Action:
December 1; Regular Decision:
• American Studies
• Applied Ethics
• Biological Sciences
• Business Administration
• Child Development
• Early Childhood Education
• Film & Media
• Film, Media & Social Justice
• French (Language & Culture)
• Geospatial Criminology
• Global Politics
• Graphic Design
• Health and Human Services
• Healthcare Policy
• Journalism & New Media
• Liberal Arts
• Liberal Studies (for Elementary
Teaching Credential students)
• Media Communication
• Nursing (males admitted to this program)
• Political Science
• Religious Studies
• Social Work
• Spanish (Language & Culture)
• Anschutz Entertainment: L.A. Kings, Staples Center
• Deloitte & Touche Accounting
• Dorling Kindersley Publishing: London, England
• E! Entertainment
• The Food Network
• KCBS Marketing of CBS Radio
• KPMG Accounting
• Merrill Lynch
• Paramount Pictures
• U.S. Department of Commerce: Foreign Commercial Service
• Warner Bros.
• World Financial Corporation