EXPLORE THE POSSIBILITIES
Explore the possibilities at Lourdes University
A Catholic university in the Franciscan tradition, Lourdes University proudly delivers a vibrant, diverse, student-centered education. Guided by the vision and ministry of the Sisters of St. Francis of Sylvania, Ohio, Lourdes provides a living and learning environment based on values and focused on creating a better world.
As a university grounded in the liberal arts, with application to professional studies, Lourdes University prepares our graduates to be leaders of high integrity in their professions and communities. Lourdes alumni seek to heal those who suffer, teach those who search for knowledge, and provide innovative leadership in business and nonprofit sectors. Our alumni are global citizens working diligently to be a positive, creative force in their communities and the world.
Lourdes students appreciate the strong academic, athletic, and student life programs offered on our beautiful and safe 127-acre suburban campus. In addition, at just under $20,000 per year, Lourdes is one of the most affordable universities in the nation. Each year our students are awarded $5.6 million in institutional aid.
Academic programs and recognition
Lourdes University’s academic programs are accredited by nine national, regional, and professional associations. Students can choose from a wide range of degrees at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Study abroad opportunities, honors, and deans scholars programs are also available.
• The College of Nursing has been awarded more than $10 million in grants based on the caliber of Lourdes faculty, staff, and graduates.
• The College of Business and Leadership offers students several global immersion experiences, an extensive internship program, and network opportunities with successful executives.
• The College of Education has consistently received the highest Ohio ranking for teacher preparation programs.
• The College of Arts and Sciences has been awarded grant funds to support its strong internship programs.
Lourdes graduates launch their careers and many alumni choose to pursue graduate school. In fact, more than 90% of Business, Education, Nursing, and Social Work graduates who pass state-administered exams secure jobs in their profession within 12 months.
At the heart of Lourdes University’s Franciscan tradition is a belief that learning must extend outside of the classroom into action that benefits the world. Lourdes students give back to their community by completing a minimum of 20 service learning hours through their undergraduate curriculum. As generous community stewards and global citizens, they take part in mission trips, outreach projects, and international immersions.
Become part of the Gray Wolves community
Regardless of the academic and career path you and your fellow students choose, Lourdes is dedicated to your success. As a member of the Lourdes Gray Wolves community, you will gain a new appreciation for the power you possess—the power to change your own life and to benefit your community and the world.
Learn more about Lourdes University at lourdes.edu and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, and our LinkedIn University page.
Gray Wolves Country
• 1,530 students from 26 states, Puerto Rico, and 10 countries
• Undergraduate and graduate degrees offered
• 15:1 student-faculty ratio
• One- and two-bedroom apartment-style campus housing
• $5.6 million awarded in institutional scholarships, grants, and awards each year
• Robust student life programming
• 18 NAIA teams play in the Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference
• Academic programs accredited by nine national, regional, and professional associations
• A “Best in the Midwest” College for more than 10 years
• A President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll awardee for three consecutive years
• A “Military-Friendly School” awardee for seven years
A Values-Centered University
• Vibrant campus ministry program
• 32,587 service hours completed by 684 students in 2014–2015