EXPLORE THE POSSIBILITIES
Discover the value of a Lourdes University education
A Catholic university in the Franciscan tradition, Lourdes University proudly delivers a quality and challenging liberal arts education infused with a professional studies focus. We value each individual and encourage every student to recognize his or her potential for contribution. As members of the Lourdes community, students are empowered to explore the world, develop in professional expertise, and grapple with questions of the mind and of the spirit.
At Lourdes we are committed to offering a high-quality, private college experience. Students appreciate the strong academic, athletic, and student life programs offered on our stunningly beautiful and safe 127-acre suburban campus. In addition, at just under $19,000 per year, Lourdes is one of the most affordable universities in the nation. Each year, our students are awarded $5.6 million in institutional scholarships, grants, and awards.
Academic programs and recognition
Lourdes University’s academic programs are accredited by nine national, regional, and professional associations. Students can choose from a wide range of degrees at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Study abroad opportunities, honors, and Dean’s Scholars Programs are also available.
• The College of Nursing has been awarded more than $8 million in grants based on the caliber of Lourdes faculty, staff, and graduates.
• The College of Business and Leadership offers students several global immersion experiences, an extensive internship program, and network opportunities with successful area executives.
• The College of Education has consistently received the highest Ohio ranking for teacher preparation programs.
• The College of Arts and Sciences has been awarded grant funds to support its strong internship programs.
Lourdes graduates launch their careers and many choose to pursue graduate school. In fact, more than 90% of business, education, nursing, and social work graduates who pass state-administered exams secure jobs in their profession within 12 months.
At the heart of Lourdes University’s Franciscan tradition is a belief that learning must extend outside of the classroom into action that benefits the world. Lourdes students give back to their community by completing a minimum of 20 service-learning hours through their undergraduate curriculum. As generous community stewards and global citizens, they take part in mission trips, outreach projects, and international immersions.
Become part of the Gray Wolves community
Regardless of the academic and career path you and your fellow students choose, Lourdes is dedicated to your success. As a member of the Lourdes Gray Wolves community, you will gain a new appreciation for the power you possess—the power to change your own life, to benefit your community, and to improve the world.
Learn more about Lourdes University at lourdes.edu and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, and our LinkedIn University Page.
Gray Wolves Country
• 1,835 students from 31 states, Puerto Rico, and 10 countries
• 30+ academic programs
• 11:1 student-faculty ratio
• One- and two-bedroom apartment-style residence halls
• $5.6 million awarded in institutional scholarships, grants, and awards each year
• 30+ student organizations
• 15 NAIA sports and competitive cheer
• Academic programs accredited by nine national, regional, and professional associations
• A “Best in the Midwest” College for more than 10 years
• A “Military-Friendly School” awardee for more than five years
• Over 90% of 2013 alumni would recommend Lourdes University
A Values-Centered University
• Vibrant campus ministry program
• 23,620 service hours completed by 782 students in 2013–2014
• A President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll awardee for three consecutive years