Engage. Enrich. Empower.
The MU journey
Methodist University students participate in an active, engaged classroom environment. Students have the opportunity to pursue internships, workplace and community-based learning experiences, and student-faculty collaborative projects and research. Enriched by a community that values leadership, ethics, and character development, MU students are exposed to diverse global and cultural perspectives. This journey empowers our graduates, preparing them for success in the workplace and graduate school.
• Apply online at methodist.edu/apply (rolling admission).
• The application fee is waived if you apply online.
• Submit secondary school transcripts and a copy of your passport (information page).
• Submit TOEFL scores (institutional code: 5426).
• Submit your financial statement and a bank statement showing financial support.
• Information is available on the website in Chinese, Vietnamese, Spanish, and Japanese.
Opportunity at a glance
• Approximately 2,500 students and more than 80 majors and concentrations
• Student-faculty ratio of 15:1
• Average class size around 20 students
• Five graduate programs and 40 minors
• More than 100 clubs and student organizations, and students representing over 55 countries
• 20 NCAA Division III athletic teams
• An active student activities program, recently named the third–best in the country by Campus Activites Magazine
• Recently voted #1 on the list of “Best Cities for Recent Grads” by the Daily Beast, Newsweek’s online “young news” outlet
• Rated a top-tier southern regional college by U.S.News & World Report
• More than 10,000 graduates
Our beautiful campus sits on more than 600 acres—much of which remains undeveloped woodlands—and boasts 36 buildings. Fayetteville, North Carolina, offers all of the opportunities of a large metropolitan area. Pristine Carolina beaches are just under two hours to the east. The Blue Ridge and Great Smoky Mountains are within an afternoon’s drive to the west.
Type of University: Methodist University is a private university historically related to the United Methodist Church, founded in the liberal arts.
Size of Campus: More than 600 acres
Number of Students: 2,478
Number of Faculty: Our impressive 15:1 student-faculty ratio means Methodist University students benefit from personal attention in every class.
Colleges, Programs, and Degrees: Majors: Accounting, Art, Art Education (K–12), Athletic Training, Biology, Business Administration, Chemistry, Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, Elementary Education, Engineering*, English, Environmental and Occupational Management, Exercise Science, Financial Economics, Forensic Science, Global Studies, Graphic Design, History, Justice Studies, Kinesiology, Management, Marketing, Mass Communications, Mathematics, Middle Grades Education (6–9), Music, Music Education (K–12), Music Performance, Nursing, Organizational Communication and Leadership, Physical Education and Health Education, Physical Education and Health Education with Licensure (K–12), Political Science, Psychology, Religion, Social Work, Sociology, Spanish, Special Education: General Curriculum (K–12), Sport Management, Theatre, Writing
Also offering more than 35 minors
* Pending SACSCOC approval
Geographic Diversity: 42 states and 55 countries
International Student Services: International Programs Office offers full services to all international students: immigration services, programming and yearly activities, community service, and a host family program, as well as work-study opportunities for all international students; 100% of international students participate in work-study; 100% of international students receive scholarships.
International Student Budget: (2015–2016)
Basic Fees (Academic Year)
Health Insurance $1,200
Activity Fees $540
Financial Aid: We awarded more than $50 million in total financial assistance through federal, state, institutional, and outside resources in the last academic year.
Test Score Requirements: International students are required to submit official results of either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). If English is not the student’s official language, the TOEFL is required. The minimum TOEFL scores required are 500 (PBT), 173 (CBT), and 61 (iBT). Methodist University’s institutional code is 5426. The score must be sent to MU directly from ETS.
Application Deadlines and Fees: MU has rolling admission, which means there is no application deadline. We do, however, encourage students to apply at least two months prior to the beginning of each semester (spring/January, fall/August).