It’s okay, you can stare.
About UAB—just scratching the surface
The University of Alabama at Birmingham is a young, dynamic teaching and research university that, in just four decades, has won international renown for its collaborative and interdisciplinary culture. UAB students learn from—and work alongside—some of the world’s top researchers, scholars, performers, and experts. From the sciences and engineering to the arts and humanities, UAB programs give students the benefit of globally recognized faculty, exciting academic challenges, and experiences that will fully prepare them for a future in the job market. Dig deeper by visiting uab.edu.
Location, location, location—it’s everything
UAB is located in the vibrant metropolitan city of Birmingham, Alabama. While Birmingham offers many of the features of a large city, it still feels very much like a small, friendly town. In the heart of Birmingham sits UAB—a lively undergraduate campus centered around the Campus Green, a superb graduate and professional school campus, and a world-renowned academic medical center. Because Birmingham is Alabama’s largest city and economic center, UAB students can take advantage of countless internships and co-ops at Fortune 500 companies, startups, nonprofits, and numerous other businesses, including UAB’s own health system.
UAB is not only a great place to study—it’s also a great place to play. Birmingham has it all: music, museums, theaters, urban green spaces, shopping, dining, and more. Some of our students’ favorite places and events include UAB’s own Alys Stephens Center, Alabama Theatre, UAB sporting events, Red Mountain Park, Railroad Park, Vulcan Park, Five Points South, the Lakeview District, Birmingham Museum of Art, the Sidewalk Moving Picture Festival, and UAB Springfest, just to name a few.
Visit us—you won’t regret it
The best way to get to know us is to visit us. You can choose to join us for a small campus tour led by a current student or one of our larger, exciting UAB Day events. Plan your visit at uab.edu/visit.
Be a Blazer—apply today!
Please apply by visiting uab.edu/apply. If you have any questions, feel free to contact a UAB Office of Undergraduate Admissions staff member by calling 205-934-8221 or 800-421-8743, or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Points of Distinction
• 3rd in the nation among public universities for federal research funding per incoming freshman
• 10th among public universities for National Institutes of Health (NIH) research funding
• Consistently among the top universities nationally for diversity (per The Princeton Review)
• Nationally recognized Honors College programs
• Suite-style housing for all freshmen living on campus
By the Numbers
• 18,698 students
• 3.62 average high school GPA
• 25 average ACT score
• 115+ areas of study
• 9 pre-professional programs
• 1,300+ students in Honors College
• 31 average class size
• 18:1 undergraduate student-faculty ratio
• 2,248 full-time faculty, 91% holding doctoral degrees
• 3,500+ scholarships awarded annually
• $190 million+ in financial assistance awarded annually
• 300+ student organizations
• 529,169 square feet of research lab space
• 150,000 square feet of workout space at the Campus Recreational Center
• 16 UAB campus restaurant locations
Prestigious National and International fellowships and scholarships 2014–2015
24 Community Engagement Awards
22 Research Awards
15 Education Abroad Awards
8 Graduate Study Awards
5 Academic Achievement Awards
4 Language Acquisition Awards
Awards include the elite Rhodes Scholarship, Marshall Scholarship, and Goldwater Scholarship.