You’re More Than a Student, and Creighton is More Than a University.
Creighton is where you’ll discover the will to create new possibilities. The skills to build a career that matters. The community that helps you find your way. And the perspective to know what drives you.
This is where you’ll find an unprecedented breadth and depth of academic programming. The solid liberal arts core that equips you with the skills to build a meaningful life. And the strong foundation in the Jesuit tradition of magis, or “more,” that guides everything we do.
The Creighton EDGE®
There’s no other university the size of Creighton that offers the extensive academic programming you’ll find here—tailored just for you. The Creighton EDGE® brings together academic advising, career planning, and the pursuit of graduate and professional studies to equip you for success.
• Engage in faculty-led research, learning labs, and top-quality internships.
• Discover study abroad programs integrated with your curriculum, interactive leadership opportunities, learning communities, and service experiences.
• Get advising and academic planning custom-tailored to you, faculty coaching and peer mentoring, and alumni networking and shadowing.
• Explore accelerated combined degrees and preferential admission to Creighton’s graduate and professional programs.
• We have learning communities, leadership programs, and more. And if you’re not quite sure what your path is yet, we will work with you, enabling you to pursue all of the possibilities.
Bridges connecting you to your future
We offer a broad range of academic opportunities to earn prestigious undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees, all on one campus. You’ll even have opportunities to earn multiple degrees in less time than normal through such programs as our 3-3 pre-law, which allows students to earn undergraduate and law degrees in six years. With more than 50 majors in our Colleges of Arts and Sciences, Business, and Nursing, plus Creighton’s Graduate School and prestigious professional programs in medicine, dentistry, law, pharmacy, physical therapy, and occupational therapy, the opportunities for your future are limitless.
Academic excellence in a supportive environment
Your Creighton education is built upon a solid liberal arts core with a focus on the career skills you’ll need to make a big impact. Our advisors will work with you every step of the way to review and refine your goals and intellectual passions.
The classmates who surround you will challenge you too. Creighton students come from every U.S. state and 47 countries, with 80% of freshmen coming from outside the state of Nebraska. This diverse group of students excels in the classroom, with an average high school GPA of 3.8 and average SAT score of 1200 (Critical Reading and Math only).
Creighton undergraduates have exceptional opportunities to work side by side with faculty—not graduate assistants—on research projects, as well as the chance to present their work at national conferences. Recent Creighton students have been awarded a wide variety of prestigious scholarships, from the Goldwater Scholarship to Fulbright Fellowships, showcasing Creighton for undergraduate research opportunities.
Creighton faculty are not just teachers but mentors, working closely with you and pushing you to think critically and creatively. With an average class size of 24 and a student-faculty ratio of 11:1, you’ll develop personal ties with your professors. The quality of our student-faculty relationships is one of our greatest strengths. Generous with their time, your professors will encourage new ideas and discoveries in an environment that’s ideal for learning.
A campus to write home about
Creighton is more than the place where you’ll learn—it’s where you’ll live. The University has invested nearly $280 million in on-campus improvements and planned expansion in recent years to create a more vibrant and robust campus. You’ll find state-of-the-art classrooms and labs, spacious residential living, a world-class soccer stadium, a women’s sports arena, a new fitness and sports center, and more. Plus, there is a dynamic synergy between our campus expansion/improvements and the nearby redevelopment of Omaha’s downtown and riverfront business and entertainment districts.
Our cozy and friendly campus encourages community and promotes individual growth. You’ll connect at Creighton through more than 200 clubs and organizations, including intramural sports, international student groups, honor societies, and cultural, religious, political/government, professional, academic, and service organizations. Whatever you’re into, there’s a good chance you can find it here at Creighton.
You can make a difference—right now
Our strong foundation in the Jesuit tradition guides everything we do. Last year Creighton students completed 1,084,601 hours of community service locally, nationally, and internationally. Creighton students take our mission of service to others seriously, continuing to serve others throughout their lives—81% of our alumni participate in volunteer work.
It happens here
Omaha boasts world-class restaurants, shopping, theaters and museums, large parks, and the world’s best zoo, according to Trip Advisor. Into music? Omaha’s music scene is hot, providing a national springboard for new bands in indie rock, blues, and jazz. Plus, four Fortune 500 companies make their world headquarters in Omaha, creating an excellent business climate for students to gain access to world-class internships and research opportunities, as well as providing other avenues for professional development.
Creighton accepts qualified students on a rolling basis beginning in October of each year. Applicants are encouraged to apply in the fall of their senior year.
Merit awards and scholarships
Merit awards are based on academic performance and students’ records of service and leadership.
Big East Conference NCAA Division I sports for men include basketball, soccer, tennis, cross-country, golf, and crew. Women’s teams include basketball, softball, soccer, tennis, golf, cross-country, crew, and volleyball.
Centrally located, Omaha, Nebraska, is a short flight from anywhere in the mainland United States. A dynamic, energetic city continually transforming itself, Omaha is one of the country’s 50 largest cities and is home to nearly one million people who welcome visitors with open arms and Midwestern hospitality. Everyone who calls Omaha home has helped shape its cultural diversity, strong work ethic, and friendly demeanor.
Type of university: Private, Catholic, Jesuit, coeducational, comprehensive university founded in 1878
Size of Campus: Urban setting of green hillsides; a short stroll from downtown; Greater Omaha population: nearly one million
Number of Students: 4,065 undergraduates; 4,171 professional and graduate students; 225 international students
Number of Faculty: 553
Colleges, Programs, and Degrees:
Schools and Colleges:
• Arts and Sciences
• Business Administration
• Master of Business Administration
• Occupational Therapy
• Physical Therapy
• College of Professional Studies for non-traditional students
Geographic Diversity: American students from every state and 225 international students from 47 countries
International Student Services:
• Cross-cultural workshops
• Study abroad
• Intensive English Language Institute (IELI)
• International Student Association—international student support and advising from the Office of International Programs
International Student Budget:
Undergraduate Tuition and Fees $36,422
Room and Board $10,294
Health Insurance and Other $5,508
Financial Aid: Academic Scholarships: Matteo Ricci International Scholarships can range up to 50% of tuition costs.
Test Score Requirements:
• Official SAT or ACT test scores required from students in most countries
• TOEFL or IELTS results (minimum TOEFL: 88 iBT, with no sub score under 20; IELTS: overall band score of 6.5, with no band lower than 6 required)
• External examination results that mark the completion of secondary school and adequate qualification for university in your home country
Application Deadlines and Fees:
• Fall semester—March 1
• Spring semester—November 1
• 3 undergraduate divisions
• 6 graduate and professional schools
• 60+ undergraduate majors
• 70+ academic programs
• 24 average class size
• 11:1 student-faculty ratio
• 553 full-time faculty
• 14 Division I men’s and women’s athletics
• 713 intramural sports teams
• 90 countries and six continents are where you will find Creighton students serving others.
• 1,084,601 volunteer hours were contributed by 4,520 students last year nationally and internationally.
• 350 students spend their fall and spring breaks on service trips each year.
• 81% of our alumni are involved in volunteer work.
Our freshman academic profile places us among the:
• Top 10 private midwestern universities with more than 4,000 undergraduates
• Top 10 national Catholic universities with more than 4,000 undergraduates
• Top 50 private national research and master’s degree universities with at least 4,000 undergraduates
Creighton earned the following rankings in the 2015–2016 academic year:
• Ranked #1 in the Midwest (U.S.News & World Report)
• One of The Princeton Review’s The Best 379 Colleges
• Undergraduate finance program ranked 14th in United States