The University of Kent is a leading U.K. university.
The University of Kent is a leading university. Ranked in the U.K. top 20 in The Guardian’s University Guide and one of the world’s top 100 universities under 50 years old (THE’s “100 Under 50”), we offer a unique experience.
Our global reputation attracts many international students, our academic schools produce world-leading research, and we are rated as internationally excellent. Our academics are engaged in high-level research as well as teaching, so you study with some of the most influential thinkers in your field.
We provide exciting study and work abroad opportunities and Year in Industry options, and offer a generous scholarship fund, including awards for academic, sporting, and creative excellence.
The U.K.’s European university, we have beautiful campuses in southeast England, close to London, and postgraduate centers in Paris, Brussels, Athens, and Rome. Each offers an attractive, vibrant, and safe environment for your studies.
Our excellent performance in the Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014) confirmed our position as one of the United Kingdom’s leading universities. Kent is ranked 17th in the United Kingdom for research intensity, we have world-leading research in all subjects, and 97% of our research is deemed to be of international quality. We have some of the best academic staff in the country and a strong track record of research publishing.
Our beautiful, historic U.K. campuses are less than an hour from London and within easy reach of Europe. Our Canterbury campus is nestled in 300 acres of parkland overlooking Canterbury Cathedral.
Our centers in Brussels, Paris, Athens, and Rome offer exciting opportunities to pursue postgraduate study in the heart of Europe.
• According to recent Sunday Times university guides, the University of Kent “can claim to be Britain’s only international university” and is “in the top 20 of U.K. graduate starting salaries.”
• U.K. government ranks Kent 17th in the United Kingdom for research intensity based on its world-leading research in all subjects, 97% of which is considered to be of international quality.
• The University of Kent has specialist postgraduate centers in Brussels, Paris, Athens, and Rome. It awards a number of joint degrees and enjoys more than 100 partnerships with international institutions.
• The Kent experience is unique in higher education, and students consistently vote Kent one of the top universities in the United Kingdom for student satisfaction in National Student Surveys.
• Beautiful and friendly 300-acre main campus overlooking the cathedral city of Canterbury
• A thriving cosmopolitan community with students from 149 different nationalities
• Excellent accommodation, computing, sports, music, cultural, education, and personal support facilities
Located in Canterbury the University of Kent is one of the United Kingdom’s top universities and has an international reputation for academic excellence, inspirational teaching, and a fantastic student experience. The U.K.’s European university, Kent has U.K. campuses close to London and specialist centers in Brussels, Paris, Athens, and Rome.
Type of university: U.K. higher education institution
Size of campus: Main campus—300 acres
Number of students: 19,850
Number of faculty: 22 academic schools
Colleges, programs, and degrees: Six colleges, more than 700 degree programs
Geographic diversity: Students from 149 countries
International student services: Application advice, meetings in the United States, personal tours, airport arrival greeting, Welcome Week events, drop-in service, private tutor, learning support service, counseling, chaplaincy, medical center, college masters, student union, international student representatives
International student budget:
Tuition Fees (2015–2016)* $20,310–$24,300
Living Costs** $367–$768
* Per year
** Per week, including accommodation
Financial aid: International scholarships of approximately $8,000 per year, plus Fulbright/alumni scholarships and awards for academic, sporting, and creative excellence
Test score requirements: Approximate equivalency of U.S. qualifications required for undergraduate study: high school graduation diploma plus a minimum of two full AP exams with a minimum score of 4. Bear in mind that with AP exams, a grade of 5 = A, 4 = B, and 3 = C.
Students may also gain entry to Year 1 of an undergraduate degree if they have successfully completed one or two years of an undergraduate degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (or equivalent) elsewhere and seek to transfer to Kent for the remainder of their degree.
• Full AP exams can be accepted for first-year entry only when combined with a high school diploma.
• High school diploma plus associated IB higher level certificates are accepted.
Please see kent.ac.uk/internationalstudent.
Application deadlines and fees:
Undergraduate: January 15 (preferable), but late applications will be considered
Postgraduate: three months prior to your intended start date