Saint Peter’s University
What happens when you put one of the world’s greatest teaching organizations next to one of the greatest cities in the world?
Saint Peter’s University
What happens when you put one of the world’s greatest teaching organizations next to one of the world’s greatest cities? You get Saint Peter’s University, a Jesuit institute of higher education just minutes from New York City, a global center of culture, entertainment, business, and professional opportunities.
Saint Peter’s is one of 28 Jesuit colleges in the country and the only one in New Jersey. Established in 1872, Saint Peter’s provides a unique learning experience shaped by rigorous academics, internships that provide real-word experience, community service, and a genuine, caring community that supports you long after graduation.That is the value of a Jesuit education.
With an undergraduate student-faculty ratio of 13:1 and a stellar faculty committed to success, Saint Peter’s offers more than 50 undergraduate majors as well as master’s-level and doctoral degree programs. We’re small enough to know you by name and big enough to bring the world to your door.
Location, location, location
Saint Peter’s University is located in Jersey City, New Jersey, which provides students with unbeatable cultural experiences, and internship and career opportunities. Being at Saint Peter’s means you are a 12-minute train ride from the heart of New York City. Gallery openings, parks, museums, shops, and shows are right at your fingertips. The other serious advantage to our location is any job, internship, or professional interest you can think of is close by. In fact, we offer several courses in the city, making it an extension of our classrooms.
New facilities and opportunities to enhance your experience
Over the last few years, Saint Peter’s has been working to modernize its facilities to help improve the overall student experience. The Mac Mahon Student Center and Dinneen Hall are our most recent renovations. The Mac Mahon Student Center offers awide variety of dining options, a fitness center, meeting spaces for student clubs and activities, a performance space, and a game room. It is the hub of student life. Dinneen Hall is home to our School of Business. Programs like business management, marketing, and finance haveaccess to smart classrooms, seminar rooms, and our state-of-the-art financial trading room. Our students learn how to use financial trading technology within a classroom setting andhave the chance to experience Wall Street only miles away from campus.
Hands-on experience from the moment you arrive
We know our graduates gain just as much experience outside the classroom as they do inside, which is why we make it a priority to connect students with great learning opportunities at companies, organizations, and programs worldwide. Many of our students participate in internships with world-renowned companies and organizations. Students also have the opportunity to study internationally through the Center for Global Learning or work hand-in-hand with faculty to conduct innovative research in various areas of study. As one of the selected universities with NGO (nongovernment organization) status, our students and faculty are able to be a part of programs at the United Nations, and our Honors Program asks students to conduct in-depth research in subject areas of their choice so as to be better prepared for a career or graduate school. Saint Peter’s University offers students a well-rounded liberal arts curriculum, experiential career opportunities, spiritual and service-oriented opportunities, social and cultural advantages, and a caring community.
Campus and Location
• Saint Peter’s University is one of 28 Jesuit colleges and universities in the United States and the only one in New Jersey.
• The campus is set on 30 acres in Jersey City, the second-largest city in New Jersey.
• New York City is 12 minutes away by PATH train.
• Our remarkably diverse undergraduate and graduate student body originates from 29 states and more than 36 countries around the world.
• Approximately 3,300 students attend Saint Peter’s.
• Average class size is 22 students.
Financing Your Education 2015–2016
• Undergraduate tuition: $33,136 per year, plus fees, housing, meals, and expenses
• Financial aid is granted to 98% of our full-time undergraduate students in the form of academic, need-based, and athletic grants. The average financial aid package is more than $20,000.
• Saint Peter’s fields 19 NCAA Division I intercollegiate athletic teams. It is a founding member of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC).
• Men: Baseball, Basketball, Co-ed Cheerleading, Cross-country, Golf, Indoor/Outdoor Track, Soccer, Swimming & Diving, Tennis
• Women: Basketball, Bowling, Co-ed Cheerleading, Cross-country, Golf, Indoor/Outdoor Track, Soccer, Softball, Swimming & Diving, Tennis, Volleyball
• More than 50 student-run organizations offer activities to complement the academic experience.
• Through a number of volunteer opportunities that foster relationships with local, national, and global associations, approximately 800 students contribute more than 57,000 hours of community engagement annually.
• Numerous intramural sports programs promote physical and social interaction indoors and on the fields.
• Religious services and spiritual retreats are offered for all faiths.
Programs of Study
• American Studies
• Art History
• Asian and Asian-American Studies
• Biological Chemistry
- Forensic Science
• Business Management
- Forensic Science
• Classical Civilization
• Classical Languages
• Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- Film History and Criticism
- Media Business
- Writing and Publishing
• Computer Science
- Computer Information
- Computer Science
• Criminal Justice
- Computer Science and Crime Forensics
- Criminal Research and Intelligence Analysis
- Investigative Sciences
- Law and Justice
- Police Administration
- Elementary and Middle School
• English Literature
• Fine Arts
• Graphic Arts
• Health and Physical Education
• International Business
• Latin American and Latino Studies
• Mathematical Economics
• Marketing Management
• Modern Languages
• Natural Science
• Political Science
- Clinical Psychology
- Cognitive Processing
- Forensic Psychology
• Sports Management
• Urban Studies
• Visual Arts
• Africana Studies
• Business Law
• Environmental Studies
• Social Justice
• Theatre Arts
• Women’s Studies
* Most majors are also available as minors.
Five-Year Dual-Degree Programs
• B.S./M.S. Accountancy
• B.S./M.B.A. Business Administration
• B.S./M.S. Computer Science
• B.A./M.A. Education