Nurturing persons for God, for learning, forever
For more than 3,000 undergraduate students, Samford University in Birmingham, Alabama, represents a bridge between youth and adulthood. Students come to Samford seeking the road to an impactful life, and the University strives continuously to help them travel that road successfully.
Samford offers small classes, personal interaction, and skilled teaching. Its faculty are well prepared with degrees from more than 180 universities and colleges in the United States, France, Germany, England, and Scotland.
The Samford campus is one of striking beauty, with buildings of consistent Georgian Colonial architecture in a wooded valley. The moment you enter, one fact is clear: this is how a college campus should be. Its spectacular setting and lasting design bespeak quality, security, and a sense of community.
Yet Samford’s location—less than six miles from downtown Birmingham—provides all of the advantages of a thriving metro area. Birmingham is Alabama’s cultural, educational, and economic center and is a hotspot for finance and health care. Campus life is lively, with intramurals, concerts, lectures, special-interest groups, fraternities, sororities, 17 NCAA Division I sports, and more.
Founded by Baptists in 1841, Samford is a Christian university where faith is encouraged and students have opportunities to put faith into practice through a variety of service projects and other activities.
Samford is focused on a global future, with its own residential study center in London, England, and programs touching five continents. Students may choose the semester abroad program based in London or a variety of other locations.
Students have access to hundreds of PCs in computer labs around campus, as well as wireless access throughout the campus.
Samford offers many distinctions, including interdisciplinary courses that help students analyze and synthesize the many streams of information that make up a strong education.
Recognition by U.S.News & World Report, Forbes, The Princeton Review, and Kiplinger’s Personal Finance is a clear signal that a Samford education is an exceptional value . . . an education designed to bring out the best in students as they bridge the gap between high school and adulthood.
Schedule a campus visit for a more in-depth look at Samford.
Consider What Samford Has to Offer:
• A favorable student-faculty ratio of 13:1
• 155 undergraduate majors, minors, and concentrations
• A dedication to education within the Christian context, as reflected in the University mission to nurture persons “for God, for learning, forever”
Samford Offers Diverse Opportunities
Samford University offers degree programs in 10 colleges and schools, an unusually wide variety of opportunities for a private university with 5,206 students enrolled. Schools of the University include:
• Arts and Sciences
• Health Professions
• Public Health
Where Samford Ranks
• Alabama’s top nationally ranked private university
• Ranked fourth in the South by U.S.News & World Report
• Nationally ranked for academic programs, value, and affordability by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, The Princeton Review, and Colleges of Distinction
• Ranked fifth in the South for “Best Undergraduate Teaching” by U.S.News & World Report
• Samford has been a leader in the NCAA Division I Academic Progress Rate report for the last 10 years, beginning in 2005 when it placed seventh in the nation in the inaugural ranking.