University of Evansville: destination anywhere
The University of Evansville is a liberal arts and sciences institution located in Evansville, Indiana. UE provides a challenging atmosphere with hands-on projects, high-quality teaching, and an academically rigorous curriculum taught by expert faculty. Students gain a broad education that prepares them to enter the workforce with more practical experiences and knowledge than many of their peers.
More than half of UE students study abroad at countries around the globe—many of them at UE’s own British campus, Harlaxton College in Grantham, England. Harlaxton is the hallmark of a robust study abroad program that was recently ranked #1 in the nation by BestCollegeReviews.org. Since Harlaxton is owned by UE, students’ financial aid and academic credits are transferrable, making it an affordable option as well as a practical one. Students can still stay on track to graduate in four years while also having a life-transforming experience abroad.
In addition to ample study abroad opportunities at the University of Evansville, students have many chances to gain a global perspective right on UE’s campus:
• International Education Week: Each November UE actively participates in International Education Week, a joint initiative of the U.S. Department of State and U.S. Department of Education to celebrate the benefits of international education and exchange worldwide.
• International Bazaar: Each year the International Bazaar acts as the finale of International Education Week. During the bazaar, Ridgway University Center is transformed into a cultural experience for the entire family. Visitors have the opportunity to experience the food, customs, and cultures of UE’s international students—a diverse group that represents more than 50 countries from around the world. Guests enjoy all-you-can-eat cuisine, music, games, dancing, photo opportunities, and more.
• Office of Diversity Initiatives: The University of Evansville is devoted to diversity and equity as a fundamental component of academic excellence. The Office of Diversity Initiatives at UE ensures that this commitment to diversity translates into effective policy, procedure, programs, and practices.
• I-House: The International House (I-House) program provides international students with a forum through which they can share their culture and traditions with the University of Evansville community. This organization establishes a comfortable, casual environment for cultural exchange and interaction between international and American students. Every week UE students are exposed to a vast
array of cultural offerings through presentations, song, dance, food, and fun without ever leaving campus.
• International Club: The International Club (IC) is dedicated to preserving, sharing, and understanding cultural relationships around the world. IC organizes activities and events to explore international, cultural, historical, and socioeconomic affairs. American students are encouraged to join IC to broaden their world-view through first-hand interactions.
• International Connection Housing: In addition to traditional rooming options, domestic UE students can choose to live with an international student as part of the International Connection in Moore Residence Hall. This unique community pairs students for a dynamic cultural experience. Along with its global theme, Moore Residence Hall features a game room with billiards, table tennis, and darts, plus a kitchen, dining room, and courtyard seating in the international café.
• GAP: This innovative experiential program bridges the GAP between what students learn in the classroom and what businesses need in the real world. Multidisciplinary teams of students work side by side with leading organizations on real global business issues. Guided by faculty coaches and outside experts, participants produce practical outcomes for their clients. Past projects include:
- The Jezreel Expedition: Develop a marketing and fundraising strategy for an archeological dig in Israel.
- Berry Plastics: Advise a global manufacturer on international expansion strategy.
- Neuromarketing: Utilize state-of-the-art neuroscience equipment for market research.
- Mission Guatemala: Improve nutrition, health, and education delivery services for people in rural Guatemala.
- Alternative Energy: Use state-of-the-art weather and solar equipment to identify wasted energy on campus and in the community and make recommendations for improving energy efficiency.
- UE Cultural District: Identify cultural factors that make UE special and provide recommendations on the development of the new UE Cultural District.
- Growth Alliance of Greater Evansville: Help attract foreign
direct investment to the city of Evansville.
UE’s core purpose is to provide students with life-transforming educational experiences that prepare them to engage the world as informed, ethical, and productive citizens. The University is committed to supporting students so they can afford a quality education that will lead to a quality life. To back this commitment, they guarantee the following:
1. Four-year graduation, or the fifth year is paid for by UE
2. Mentorship by faculty fully committed to student success
3. Scholarships to 100% of all full-time enrolled students entering as freshmen
4. Access for every student to at least one internship and the opportunity for more
5. The opportunity for every student to study abroad
More information about the UE Guarantee can be found online at evansville.edu/guarantee.
The Center for Career Development is staffed with passionate career counselors who work one-on-one with students to create professional résumés and compelling cover letters. Staff members also maintain closely connected relationships with businesses, both local and across the country, to help place students with internships and part-time or full-time jobs. The center also invites businesses to come to campus several times a year for networking events, including the Health Care Networking event, drawing 70+ business to campus to meet students. Students reap the benefits of these programs and more—which are offered at no extra charge to students and alumni. UE is proud to say that year after year, more than 90% of its graduates consistently find employment or placement in graduate school within months of graduation.
Pursue your passion
Students at the University of Evansville can choose from among more than 80 majors and 100+ areas of study housed in the colleges and schools on campus. Majors range from an award-winning accounting program (rated #1 by Master of Finance Degrees) to world-class business and engineering to degrees and programs such as creative writing and archaeology.
Our history: Founded in 1854; affiliated with the United Methodist Church
Our home: Evansville is the third-largest city in Indiana, with a metro area population of approximately 300,000.
• 2,495 total enrollment
• 43 states, 51 countries represented on campus
• Average class size: 18 students
Our strength: Academically challenging liberal arts and sciences-based curriculum; consistently rated as a top midwestern university by U.S.News & World Report
Our outcomes: 93% of the Class of 2014 were employed or in graduate school within months of graduation. The median income for those employed was $42,500.
Find out more!