Experience More Than a Great University.
Do you want to be the next entrepreneur persuading investors in the Shark Tank? Would you like to put your business skills to work for ESPN or the Miami Dolphins? Or how would you like to qualify for a higher starting salary just because you are certified in SAP software?
Business is hot right now, and the College of Business is the ideal launching point to fuel your dreams and aspirations. At Western New England University, you’ll be an active participant in all aspects of our business experience to help you develop professionalism and leadership skills. If you’ve got big plans, get ready to dive right into a great business education.
We’re in good company
Western New England University is among fewer than 5% of business schoolsin the world accredited by AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
Sport Management is one of just two programs in the U.S. accredited by both COSMA (Commission on Sport Management Accreditation) and AACSB International.
We are among fewer than 10% of business programs in the U.S. to offer SAP certification. This enterprise resource planning software used by major corporations to seamlessly share information from receiving to shipping is revolutionizing the business world by providing “data at your fingertips.” Every business student can earn SAP certification. Job candidates with SAP expertise can often command higher starting salaries.
• The result of a $1 million gift to the College of Business, the Frances and Norman Cohen Trading Room and Financial Center lets you participate in simulated stock market trading exercises utilizing real-time stock tickers and data boards.
• In the Financial Portfolio Management course, students manage a real $100,000 investment fund and present their results to the Uni- versity community at the close of each semester.
• From Disney to Pricewaterhouse-Coopers, internships are integral to our focus on experiential learning. The Career Development Center works closely with business students to build a strong portfolio of business and leadership experiences.
• Through the Sophomore Experience Abroad program, you can spend a semester at Richmond University in London at the same cost as living here on campus. Most classes are taught by our own faculty. Students have plenty of opportunities to explore the U.K. and Europe.
• In the Product Development and Innovation course, business and engineering students have collaborated to produce products that have been submitted for patents.
• The Center for International Sport Business (CISB) hosts world-renowned sports speakers and sponsors study/travel programs to international events, including the Olympic Games and the FIFA World Cup.
• Other international opportunities include short seminar summer programs to destinations such as China, Italy, or Prague and a Global Scholars program.
Earn Merit Scholarships for your academic performance
Renewable Merit Scholarships of $6,000–$18,000 are annually awarded based on high school academic performance. We are now test optional. More than 130 scholarships are available to business students. Visit wne.edu/tuition for details.
• The new Five-year Bachelor/Mas-ter of Science in Organizational Leadership (MSOL) is designed to empower you to lead. From ethics to organizational behavior theory, you’ll discover the best practices to lead an organization to success.
• The new Human Resource Management minor is an ideal complement to many majors to prepare you for supervisory positions.
Our graduates are going places
Our alumni have landed jobs at such organizations as KPMG, United Technologies, the Boston Celtics, and Unilever.
Study at a center of finance and industry
Western New England University is located in Springfield, Massachusetts, just over the border from Hartford,Connecticut. The region includes such major employers as MassMutual Financial Group, LEGO Systems, The Hartford, Travelers, KPMG, UTC Aerospace Systems, Smith & Wesson, Newell Rubbermaid, and Pratt & Whitney.
Visit wne.edu to take a virtual tour, explore majors, register for an open house, or apply.
• Average class size: 20 students
• 90% of business faculty hold the highest degrees in their fields.
• 22% of the Class of 2014 studied abroad.
• 42% of the class graduated with SAP certification.
• 87% of graduates held internships.
In a survey of the College of Business Class of 2014, 95% were employed/offered employment within six months of graduation. Others were enrolled in graduate school.
In its annual “America’s Best Colleges” edition, U.S.News & World Report ranks Western New England University in the top tier of the “Regional Universities—North” category of colleges and universities offering a full range of undergraduate and master’s programs.
Majors and programs
COLLEGE OF BUSINESS
• Arts and Entertainment Management
• Business Analytics and Information Systems
• General Business
- Business Law and Human Resources
• International Business
• Management and Leadership
• Marketing Communication/ Advertising
• Pharmaceutical Business
COMBINED DEGREE PROGRAMS
• Five-year Bachelor/M.B.A.
• Five-year Bachelor/M.S.A.
• Five-year Bachelor/M.S. in Organizational Leadership
• 3+3 Law Program