Maryville University is an independent, coeducational, comprehensive university committed to integrating liberal arts with professional learning and experience. Founded in 1872, it is one of the oldest private institutions in the region.
With 70+ programs available and an average class size of 15 students, Maryville students are names, not numbers. The student-faculty ratio is 12:1, which means students receive unparalleled personal attention. In addition, 90% of our faculty hold Ph.D.s or terminal degrees, and we offer a variety of challenging academic programs designed for success in today’s rapidly changing marketplace.
Maryville’s 130-acre campus is conveniently located within 20 minutes of downtown St. Louis. With 6,400 students, including 2,100 undergraduates, Maryville’s student population is diverse, representing 50 states and 32 countries. Plus, there are more than 80 organizations and over 1,000 events on campus each year. With live music, casino night, movies, comedians, the Maryville outdoor Olympics, and other unusual events like pudding wrestling, Maryville students are never bored.
Maryville is Saints nation, and as Saints, students don’t just compete—they push their game to a whole new level. Our NCAA Division II status gives students the opportunity to play across 13 sports and 21 teams. Whether you are an athlete or a fan, Saints nation will redefine the sports experience.
Digital World program
Through Maryville’s Digital World program, all traditional freshmen receive an iPad to engage in a more diverse, customizable, and interactive learning environment.
Students use their iPads as part of Maryville’s Apple Ecosystem to:
• Collaborate with faculty and fellow students.
• Create content and influence curriculum.
• Customize their educational experience.
• Enhance their technological competencies.
• Become a confident problem solver in a diverse, digital world.
Employers demand professionals with digital dexterity who possess market-relevant technology skills. Maryville’s Digital World program delivers.
Life Coach Program
Maryville University’s Life Coach Program is designed to support incoming students in an individualized way. Life Coaches provide academic, personal, and professional support to students as they transition to university life. Maryville’s Life Coaches:
• Communicate consistently with students to ensure they have a positive adjustment to college.
• Act as a one-person support system and resource center.
• Help students overcome obstacles, gain confidence, and reach goals.
• Assist in academic, personal, and professional integration.
• Help students leverage all of Maryville’s unique opportunities.
• Actuarial Science
• Applied Statistics and Data Analysis
• Art (Studio)
• Art Education
• Biomedical Science
• Business Administration
• Clinical Laboratory Science
• Communication Science and Disorders (Speech-Language Pathology)
• Criminal Justice/Criminology
• Digital Photography
• Early Childhood Education
• Elementary Education
• Engineering—Dual Degree (Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, System Science and Engineering)
• Environmental Science
• Exercise Science (Personal Fitness, Pre-athletic Training, Spa and Wellness)
• Financial Services
• Forensic Accounting
• Forensic Psychology/Criminal Justice
• Forensic Science
• Game Design
• Graphic Design
• Information Systems
• Interactive Design (Animation, Digital Video, 3-D Modeling, Motion Graphics, Web Applications)
• Interior Design
• International Business
• International Studies
• Liberal Studies
• Management and Leadership
• Mathematical Science
• Music Therapy
• Nursing (Freshman Entry)
• Occupational Therapy (Early Direct Admission)
• Organizational Leadership
• Physical Therapy (Direct Entry)
• Pre-health Professions
- Pre-athletic Training
- Pre-chiropractic Medicine
- Pre-occupational Therapy
- Pre-optometry (3+4 program)
- Pre-osteopathic Medicine
- Pre-physical Therapy
- Pre-physician Assistant
- Pre-podiatric Medicine
• Secondary Education Licensure (Biology, Chemistry, English, History, Math)
• Sport Business Management