At Grand View you’ll plan and finance your whole four-year degree before your first day of class. Reduce costs, minimize borrowing, and graduate on time.
Paying for college is one of the main topics on the minds of students choosing a college—and their parents. And so is staying on track to get a bachelor’s degree in four years.
At Grand View University, we’ll personally guide you to a quality education that’s affordable—in fact, at a cost comparable to or less than the published prices of state schools for 75% of our 2015 freshmen. Our GV Complete Plan is a personal program tailored precisely to your family’s circumstances. It helps you plan and finance an entire four-year degree, reduce costs, minimize debt, and graduate on time. It’s a four-year commitment we make to you right at the beginning, and one we follow through on every step of the way. You won’t find this level of personal attention to both finances and academics anywhere else.
Innovation at Grand View doesn’t stop there. Our new core curriculum will transform you into a thinker who can find and interpret information, come to conclusions about it, and communicate those conclusions verbally and in writing. You’ll be able to solve problems in the workplace and outside of work, in your personal life, and as an informed citizen who connects with the needs of your community. You’ll become aware of yourself and be able to relate to and understand our diverse and changing world. You’ll be equipped to engage with the tasks of life and empowered to pursue your goals. As a Lutheran-affiliated university, we value and encourage diversity, honoring a community of open interaction, personal integrity, active intellectual engagement, and academic honesty.
For more than a century, Grand View’s strength has been its faculty—their commitment to academic challenge supported by the close relationships they establish with students.
• Des Moines, Iowa
• Approximately 2,200 students from 30 states and 17 countries
• 40 undergraduate majors
• Four master’s degrees
• Average class size of 17; 14:1 student-faculty ratio
• NAIA national championship athletics; member of Heart of America Conference
• Men’s: baseball, basketball, bowling, cross-country, football, golf, soccer, tennis, track & field, volleyball, wrestling
• Women’s: basketball, bowling, competitive dance, cross-country, golf, soccer, softball, tennis, track & field, volleyball
• Co-ed: cheerleading, shooting sports
GV Students Shine
• Viking wrestlers, five NAIA national championships, 2012–2016
• Viking football, NAIA National Champions, 2013
• 8 conference championships, 2015–2016
• Four Emerging Iowa Artists, Des Moines Arts Festival, 2015
• PBL State Leadership Conference, 13 First-Place Awards, 2015
• Radio Station of the Year, Iowa College Media Awards, 2010–2015
• Business Human Right Award, Des Moines Civil and Human Rights Commission, 2015
• President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, 2006–2016