Eastern University is a top Christian college located in Pennsylvania.
Excellence in academics
Recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a top-tier North Regional University, Eastern has faculty who are nationally recognized, most notably Fulbright Scholar Dr. Ann Francois, recent bestselling author Dr. Phil Cary, and internationally renowned astronomer and author of Star Struck, Dr. David Bradstreet.
• Eastern’s undergraduate schools offer over 70 areas to study, including BA, BS, BSN, BSW, minors, and pre-professional options.
• Close to 80% of full-time faculty hold doctorates (any field) or their terminal degree.
• Eastern boasts a 10:1 student-faculty ratio.
• Our prestigious Templeton Honors College offers a classical Great Books curriculum (templetonhonorscollege.com).
• Outstanding faculty have more than 360 books in circulation.
• Thirty-two study abroad or away programs are offered.
• Robust academic support services include counseling, tutoring, writing, and disability accommodations.
• Eastern students are among the nation’s best, with recent honors including ISI Fellows, St. Andrew’s Society, Princeton University’s Witherspoon Institute invitation to First Principles Seminar, William E. Simon Fellowship, and The Philadelphia Inquirer Academic All-Area Female Performer of the Year.
Vibrant Christian world-view
With 100% of faculty signing the Eastern Faith Statement annually, Eastern students are challenged to grow spiritually, both in the classroom and throughout our campus. In the last year, first-year students alone performed over 7,000 hours of service learning, and 32 study abroad/away programs expanded our students’ capacity to see a world much bigger than they imagined (eastern.edu/faith).
• “To hear the students tell it, Eastern may well be the ideal Christian college.” — Philadelphia magazine
• Your relationship with Christ is personal, and Eastern wants to honor that. We provide a sound, biblically based framework so you can discern God’s calling in your life as you put your faith into action.
• Check out our Leadership Fellows Program at eastern.edu/lfp.
• Chapel is voluntary but packed with rotating student-led worship.
• Faith in action: there are over 40 different student organizations, ensembles, productions, and ministries serving diverse communities on campus, locally, and worldwide.
• Be challeged to grow spiritually though our Windows of the World forum, “Conquer the Night” experience, student-led worship on Wednesday nights, Student Chaplain program, and Young Life or FCA leadership seminars.
Eastern continues to be a champion of biblical justice around the world, an aspect that has made Eastern distinct amongst its peers nationwide since 1925.
• Our student body is currently serving 22 organizations with service learning hours.
• Students conduct numerous mission trips each year, most of which are traditional international and domestic mission trips.
• Eastern offers world-renowned economic development bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
• W. Goode Scholars Program is available to service-minded and future community leaders.
• On-campus community garden is sponsored by Earthkeepers Club.
• Eastern is the first college campus in Pennsylvania to be 100% wind and solar powered.
• Thriving campus chapters of Habitat for Humanity and YACHT clubs are available to students.
A decade of results after graduation
Ninety-four to 99% of graduates in the last decade have found employment or full-time volunteer work or began postgraduate studies within the first six months of graduation (eastern.edu/value).
Historic Main Line, suburban Philadelphia
With a campus nestled in affluent Wayne, Pennsylvania, Eastern students always have something to do on and off campus. After a 25-minute train ride to downtown Philadelphia, Eastern students find themselves in one of America’s top 10 best college communities.
Regionally and nationally competitive athletics
In the past five years, Eastern athletic teams (D-III) have celebrated:
• Appearing in the Final Four and Sweet 16
• 18 conference championships
• 26 NCAA tournament berths
• 29 All-Americans (including two four-time All-Americans)
• 60 All-Region honors
• 220+ All-Conference accolades
Majors and Minors
• American History
• Athletic Training
• Biblical Studies
• Biological Studies
• Business Department
- Accounting and Finance
- Economic Development
- Entrepreneurial Studies
• Communication Studies
• Criminal Justice
• Education (Loeb School)
- Early Childhood Education
- Middle-Level Education
- Several Secondary Education certifications
• Engineering Program (4-year BA Math + 1-year MS Engineering Agreement with Villanova University)
• English, concentrations in:
• Environmental Science
• European History
• Exercise Science
• Fine Arts
• Forensic Chemistry
• Gender Studies
• Individualized Major
• Latin American Studies
• Missiology and Anthropology
• Music, concentrations in:
- Worship Arts
• Political Science
• Pre-professional Programs
- Pre-occupational Therapy
- Pre-physical Therapy
- Pre-physician Assistant
• Public Policy
• Social Welfare
• Social Work
• Theological Studies
• Youth Ministries