A distinctively global, integrative, and personal learning experience
Set on a beautiful campus centered around the historic landmark Grey Towers Castle, Arcadia is a top-ranked private, comprehensive university in Greater Philadelphia offering bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees. Approximately 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students choose from 65+ fields of study.
The Arcadia Promise
Arcadia University provides students with a distinctively global, integrative, and personal learning experience that prepares them for postgraduate success in a diverse and global world. With a student-faculty ratio of 12:1 and an average class size of 16, Arcadia students learn in a tight-knit community that inspires and encourages interaction, collaboration, and discussion.
Preview week abroad
Each year, all new full-time freshmen and transfer students are offered the opportunity to participate in Preview, a weeklong academic experience during spring break. Students sample the culture, history, and famous attractions of some of the world’s most distinctive countries while earning two academic credits. Locations for 2015 included Austria, Chile, China, Costa Rica, Cuba, Cyprus, the Dominican Republic, England, France, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Japan, the Philippines, Senegal, and South Korea.
First-year study abroad experience
For first-year students seeking an extended overseas experience, Arcadia offers select freshmen the opportunity to spend a semester in London, England, or Stirling, Scotland. The First-Year Study Abroad Experience (FYSAE) introduces students to global learning to expand their cultural awareness, develop skills to learn and live independently, and encourage others to study abroad.
Grab your passport!
Arcadia has been a leader in international academic experiences for nearly 70 years. It is no surprise, then, that the University has been ranked #1 in study abroad participation for the past five years.†
Through University initiatives and The College of Global Studies, Arcadia students participate in more than 130 programs in 15 countries for about the same cost as study on the Glenside campus.
A competitive edge you can afford
At Arcadia scholarships, grants, and loans make a nationally recognized education affordable. Approximately 99% of full-time undergraduates receive merit scholarships and/or need-based grants through the University. Distinguished Scholarships and Achievement Awards recognize academic excellence, leadership, service, and exceptional participation in school and community activities. For more information, contact the Office of Enrollment Management.
A future you can count on
According to the Class of 2014 post-graduate outcomes survey, 95.4% of respondents are employed, in military service, in graduate school, or employed and in graduate school.
Fields of Study
• Actuarial Science
- Ceramics, Graphic Design, Metals & Jewelry, Painting, Photography, Printmaking, Studio Art
- Options: Art Education Certification, Pre-art Therapy
• Art History*
- Biomedical, Conservation, Molecular Biology & Biochemistry, Secondary Certification in Biology
• Business Administration*
- Economics, Finance, Management, Marketing
- Biochemistry, Chemical Professions, Health Professions, Forensic Science, Secondary Certification in Chemistry, Secondary Certification in General Science
- Corporate Communication, Individualized Concentration, Print Communication, Video Communication
• Computer Science*
• Computing Technology
- Design Option, Technical Option
• Criminal Justice*
• Cultural Anthropology*
- Certification in PreK-4, Dual Certification in PreK-4 & PreK-8, Middle School Education (4-8), Special Education
- Creative Writing*
• French Studies (MAP)
• Global Legal Studies (MAP)
• Global Media (MAP)
- Cultural Studies, Digital Gaming Studies, Digital Media, Fashion Studies, Film Production, Media Industries, Media Production, New Media Journalism, Sound & Music, Visual Cultures, Visual Journalism, World Cinema
• Healthcare Administration*
• Interdisciplinary Science
• International Business & Culture
• International Studies*
- Africa & the Middle East, the Americas, Europe & the Mediterranean, Global Health & Human Rights, the Social Life of Globalization, Sustainable Development
• Italian Studies (MAP)
• Political Science*
- International Relations, Pre-law & Political Theory, U.S. Politics & Policy
- Individualized Options, Pre-art Therapy
• Scientific Illustration
• Spanish Cultural Studies (MAP)
• Sport Psychology (MAP)
• Sports Management (MAP)
• Theater Arts*
MAP = Majors Abroad Program, where students spend a full academic year studying in a foreign country
* Also available as a minor
Pre-professional Programs and Certificates
• African Studies Certificate
• Celtic Connections Certificate
• Engineering (3+2 with Columbia University, University of Pittsburgh, and Washington University in St. Louis)
• Forensic Science (3+2, 4+2)
• International Peace & Conflict Resolution (3+2)
• International Relations & Diplomacy (3+2)
• Law (3+3 with Drexel University)
• Mediterranean Studies Certificate
• Peace Corps Prep Certificate
• Pre-nursing (2+2 with Thomas Jefferson University)
• Pre-optometry (3+4 with Salus University)
• Pre-physical Therapy (4+D.P.T.)
• Pre-physician Assistant (4+2)