Knowledge for Service
More than a motto
Knowledge for Service is more than our motto—it drives everything we do.
We believe in the importance of a well-rounded education, with training that equips you mentally, physically, spiritually, and socially. Knowledge is just half of the equation—service is what brings meaning and purpose to your life. HLGU students are involved in local, regional, national, and international missions.
The professors at Hannibal-LaGrange University know you want to have a sense of purpose in life. At HLGU we want to help you determine, develop, and live out your purpose. That’s why the personal attention our professors give you is so important. Along with that personal attention are opportunities for service that equip you to make a difference.
Situated on 110 acres of scenic hills and woods on the bluffs above the Mississippi River, the campus of HLGU provides spacious facilities for its diverse student body, including a new, state-of-the-art science center, dedicated in 2015. This historic institution is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
The spiritual dimension
While HLGU is affiliated with the Missouri Baptist Convention (Southern Baptist), every major denomination is represented on campus.
Ninety-three percent of students receive financial aid
HLGU strives to offer a quality Christian education for as affordable a price as possible. Nearly all students qualify for financial aid. For 14 consecutive years, HLGU has been named as one of the “Best Christian Colleges.”
More than 30 majors
HLGU offers more than 30 majors on the baccalaureate level, and several pre-professional programs are offered on the associate level. Additional programs include an honors program for gifted and highly motivated students, online classes, an online RN to BSN program, and two accelerated and completely online master’s programs that include Master of Science in Education and Master of Arts in Leadership.
We welcome your visit
Tour our campus, meet our professors, spend some time with our students, and get to know HLGU—a university marked by character and purpose.
• Praise Song: Voice and instrumental ensemble performing a mix of traditional hymns, praise songs, and contemporary Christian music
• Chamber Choir: A team of men and women who present sacred a cappella music and songs with acoustic instruments as a worship ministry
• The New Edition: Traveling repertory theatre troupe specializing in Christian theatre
• GateKeepers: Mentoring program where HLGU students serve as positive role models for children in Hannibal and surrounding communities
• Local Service Projects (Jerusalem Projects): Mentoring program where HLGU students serve as positive role models for children in Hannibal and surrounding communities
• Mission Trips: State, regional, national, and international mission trips during fall, Christmas, spring, and summer breaks
NAIA Division I Athletic Programs
• Men’s: Baseball, basketball, cheerleading, cross-country, golf, shotgun sports, soccer, track & field, and wrestling
• Women’s: Basketball, cheerleading, cross-country, golf, soccer, shotgun sports, softball, track & field, and volleyball
PLUS, MORE THAN 35 CAMPUS ORGANIZATIONS!