Becker offers nationally recognized degrees to prepare graduates for the challenges and entrepreneurial opportunities of the 21st century.
The College’s charter, signed by American Revolutionaries John Hancock and Samuel Adams in 1784, was our launch pad. Like them, we think differently. Our focus is on developing an agile mindset in students, so they are adaptive, nimble, entrepreneurial, and have a global perspective to transform lives and communities. Their excellence begins with our excellence.
Becker College—named a best college for undergraduate education by The Princeton Review for four consecutive years—is a private, independent, coeducational institution, with bachelor’s, graduate, and associate degrees.We offer nationally recognized programs in nursing and health sciences, game design, and animal studies, as well as programs in business, criminal justice and legal studies, education, psychology, and the liberal arts. Fifty-four percent of students are enrolledin STEM-based programs. Becker is #1 among private undergraduate nursing programs in Massachusetts; nursing students benefit from classroom learning and hands-on experience in a state-of-the-art simulation lab.
Our School of Animal Studies is #1 in New England and #2 in the United States among four-year private institutions in awarding undergraduate animal studies degrees, and the third-largest producer of vet tech degrees in the country. Animal studies students gain experience at our on-campus animal clinic and more than 350 externship sites. We also offer a first-in-the-nation degree in global citizenship and a master’s in mental health counseling. Let us prepare you for the world ahead through a wide range of academic programs, student leadership opportunities, service learning trips in the United States and abroad, and a 95% postgraduate placement rate for employment or further study.
Financial aid is available for all eligible students through federal, state, and institutional programs. Upon acceptance, applicants are reviewed for merit-scholarship assistance. There are also:
• Student loans
• Work-study programs
Financial aid preference is given to students who complete the application process by March 15 for the upcoming academic year. For more information, go to becker.edu/financialaid.
See Becker for yourself
To find out if Becker College is right for you, visit both of our campuses. Open Houses and special events are also available so you can meet College students, faculty, staff, and administration. For specific dates and times or to schedule a visit:
• Go to becker.edu/admissions/visit-becker/campus-tours.
• Call the Office of Admissions at 877-523-2537.
• Contact email@example.com.
Directions, hotel accommodations, and maps of local attractions are available for visitors who are not familiar with the area.
Two campuses—one great experience
More than 2,000 students from across the United States and around the world live and learn on the College’s two New England campuses, located six miles apart, in the heart of Massachusetts. Campus shuttles provide students with transportation between the campuses. Each campus has residence halls, academic classrooms/labs, dining hall, fitness center, library, and bookstore. Both campuses offer all-female, all-male, co-ed, over 21, and all-freshman living spaces. Students in equine programs are involved in the daily maintenance and care of horses at the College’s 40-acre Equestrian Center. The College’s Lenfest Animal Health Center houses the veterinary clinic, which includesteaching facilities for grooming, dogobedience, and laboratories for animal care and veterinary technology students. Criminal justice students gain real-world experience through a working crime scene lab.
The Worcester Campus is situated in the Elm Park neighborhood. With its quiet tree-lined streets and historic Victorian-style homes, the Worcester Campus is only a short walk from the downtown business district.
The Leicester Campus is situated in a New England country town, adjacent to a historic village green. This rural setting provides space for Becker’s Division III athletic team facilities and for the animal studies programs.
Close-knit family atmosphere
Our students think of Becker as their home away from home. It’s a place where professors know you by name and care that you achieve your best, and where you’ll easily make friends in the safe and caring community.
Join in the Fun!
There’s so much going on at Becker. Clubs include:
• Becker League of Legends
• Black Student Union/ALANA (African, Latino, Asian, Native American)
• Campus Activities Board
• Dance Club/Team
• Fencing Club
• IGDA (International Game Developers Association)
• Gay-Straight Alliance (GSA)
• Lambing Team
• Longboarding Club
• Mazunte Turtle Project Club
• Music Club
• National Student Nurses Association (NSNA)
• ONE Campus
• Pre-Veterinary Club
• Ski & Snowboard Club
• Student Athletic Advisory Committee (SAAC)
• Student Government Association
• Traditional Gaming Club
About 75% of Becker College men and women participate in athletics. Every year, the College’s varsity teams qualify for conference post-season tournaments. More than one-third of student-athletes are annually recognized for achieving a GPA of 3.0 or higher. No matter what level of athletics you prefer, we offer plenty of opportunities.
The Becker College Hawks are a member of:
• Commonwealth Coast Conference (men’s ice hockey)
• New England Collegiate Conference (baseball, softball, men’s tennis, women’s tennis, men’s basketball, women’s basketball, field hockey, men’s soccer, women’s soccer, golf, volleyball)
• Great Northeast Athletic Conference (men’s lacrosse)
• New England Women’s Lacrosse Alliance (women’s lacrosse)
• Eastern Collegiate Football Conference (football)
• Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (equestrian)
• Eastern College Atlantic Conference North (women’s ice hockey)
Becker College at a Glance
• Founded: 1784
• Location: Campuses in Worcester and Leicester, Massachusetts (approximately one hour from Boston by car or train, three hours from New York City, and 70 miles or less from three major international airports)
• Degrees awarded: Graduate, bachelor’s, and associate
• Programs of study: 50+
• Student-faculty ratio: 16:1
• Enrollment: More than 2,150 students representing 31 states and 21 countries
• Housed on campus: 71%
• NCAA Division III
• Varsity sports: 17
• Intramural sports: 5
• Clubs: 20
• New England Association of Schools and Colleges
• American Veterinary Medical Association Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities
• Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc.
• Academic buildings: 8
• Residence halls: 20
• Library: 2 (one on each campus) with 24/7 access to electronic educational and research resources. The libraries are a member of Worcester Area Cooperating Libraries.
• Football/field hockey/lacrosse/soccer turf field
• Physical Education Center
• Tuition (2015–2016): $32,500
• Room and board (2015–2016): $12,400
• Financial aid: 95% of Becker College students received financial aid in the form of grants, scholarships, student loans, and/or work-study programs.
Member of Higher Education Consortium of Central Massachusetts: 12 Worcester-area colleges and universities provide cross-institutional access.