Each year more than a thousand students earn their doctoral and master’s degrees from Fairleigh Dickinson University.
The largest private university in New Jersey, FDU was founded in 1942 as an independent, not-for-profit institution of higher education.
• Florham Campus: 821
• Metropolitan Campus: 2,785
• 324 full-time faculty, 85% of whom hold a PhD or terminal degree in their field
• 847 part-time/adjunct faculty
FDU is licensed by the State of New Jersey and fully accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. In addition, individual colleges, schools, and academic programs of the University are accredited by their own professional agencies.
Areas of Study
FDU offers more than 60 doctoral and master’s degree programs and certificate studies in:
• Business (MBA)
• Engineering, Computer Science & Mathematics
• Health Sciences
• Hospitality Management
• Liberal Arts
• Nursing & Allied Health
• Professional Studies
• Psychology and Counseling
• Public Administration
These accomplished graduates go on to assume leadership roles in industry, education, government, health care, technology, and community service—regionally, nationally, and worldwide. They form a powerful network of change and influence in their professions and communities. Join the ranks with a master’s degree from FDU.
Learning with purpose
Many of today’s fastest-growing and highest-demand jobs require the advanced knowledge, skills, and credentials of a master’s or doctoral degree. FDU’s innovative graduate programs are known for their immediate career applicability. While relevant and practical in nature, all graduate programs are also solidly rooted in academic theory and research.
Graduate students at FDU connect with real-world peers from diverse backgrounds and cultures. Many are working professionals whose insights and perspectives bring added value to the academic experience. Small classes provide the opportunity to know and work with professors who are respected and connected in their disciplines. They share a commitment to graduate education as teachers and as mentors, researchers, and advisors.
Offered through the Silberman College of Business, the Saturday MBA@FDU lets you successfully balance work, classes, and personal life as you focus on the next step of your career. The Saturday MBA@FDU program offers unique benefits to participants:
• A blend of online and face-to-face classes
• A degree you can earn in less than 21 months—even without a business background
• Face-to-face sessions every other Saturday (on average)
• No career interruption while earning your degree
• Competitive tuition
• Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business accreditation
• Classes held at FDU’s Florham Campus (Madison, New Jersey) and Metropolitan Campus (Teaneck, New Jersey)
Accessible and convenient locations
FDU’s two northern New Jersey campuses feature quiet, secure, and attractive suburban locations that are easily reached by public transit. Our close proximity to New York City offers graduate students access to rich cultural, social, and professional opportunities. The Metropolitan Campus is 10 miles from Manhattan; the Florham Campus is 35 miles west of the city.
Graduate classes are also offered at the Monmouth County Graduate Center in Eatontown, New Jersey, and at dozens of community-based sites statewide, including county colleges (through FDU’s Community College Partnership), school districts, and corporate settings.
FDU makes affordability a priority for students and their families. Applicants qualify for graduate study scholarships as well as financial assistance and payment plans. FDU invested $75 million in University-funded scholarships and financial aid in the last year alone. In fact, FDU financial aid packages often make the University a more affordable option than New Jersey’s public universities.
Applying for admission
Some FDU graduate programs have special admission requirements and/or early application deadlines. Others follow rolling admission, with applications accepted and reviewed year round. Learn more about the admission and degree requirements for your program of interest at fdu.edu/grad. You can apply online at fdu.edu/apply.
Provost’s scholarship for graduate study
This award is open to new incoming graduate students who register for six or more graduate credits and features scholarship awards of $100–$300 per credit based on student and program qualifications. Full details on eligibility and application requirements can be found at fdu.edu/provostscholarship.
Graduate assistantships, fellowships, and internships
A limited number of research and teaching assistantships, fellowships, and internships are available and awarded to full-time graduate students on a competitive basis. Contact academic departments for details.
Financial assistance and payment plans
FDU offers a number of payment plans to assist graduate students in managing their educational expenses, including deferred and monthly payment plans. Special plans for students receiving tuition reimbursement or payment from their employers are also available. FDU helps students identify the financial aid options for which they qualify and assists with the application process. These include federal, state, and University-funded programs.
Graduate program highlights
• Part-time or full-time study options
• Convenient evening, weekend, online, and community-based classes
• AACSB-accredited business programs
• A connected and expert graduate faculty
• Professional internships and research opportunities
• Career-oriented degrees in more than 60 disciplines
• An integrated global education focus
• Easy access to New York City’s cultural resources and professional opportunities
• Graduate study abroad options at FDU’s Wroxton College (England) and Vancouver Campus (Canada)
Rankings and distinctions
• Ranked among The Best 295 Business Schools by The Princeton Review (2016)
• Recognized as an “Excellent Business School” worldwide by Eduniversal (2015–2016)
• Ranked among the best in the country by U.S. News & World Report’s Grad School Rankings (2016)
Corporate and Organizational Communication
• Ranked among the 50 Best Master’s programs in North America by Eduniversal (2015–2016)
Electrical Engineering (online)
• Ranked among the top 40 online graduate engineering programs in the nation by BestOnlineColleges.org (2014)
• Ranked among the top 100 master’s programs in the world in e-business in Eduniversal’s Best Master’s worldwide rankings (2015–2016)
• Ranked among the best regional universities in the North by U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Colleges” (2017)
• Ranked among “America’s Best Colleges” by Forbes magazine (2016)
• Named a “Military Friendly School for 2016” by G.I. Jobs magazine (2014); also named among the Best Colleges for Veterans by U.S. News & World Report (2016)
Are you interested?Yes, connect me!
|Counseling & Therapy|
|Human Resource Management|
|Latin American Studies|
|MBA - Accounting|
|MBA - Finance|
|MBA - Information Systems|
|MBA - International Business|
|MBA - Marketing|
|Middle Eastern Studies|
|Psychology - General|
|Reading & Literacy|
|Sports & Fitness Management|
|Taxation - Business|