A higher education.
• Doctor of Education in Executive Educational Leadership
• Master of Arts in Apologetics*
• Master of Arts in Biblical Languages
• Master of Arts in Christian Counseling
• Master of Arts in Counseling
• Master of Arts in Philosophy
• Master of Arts in Psychology
• Master of Arts in Psychology with LSSP Certification
• Master of Arts in Theological Studies*
• Master of Business Administration
• Master of Divinity
• Master of Education*
• Master of Fine Arts
• Master of International Business
• Master of Liberal Arts
• Master of Science in Human Resources Management
• LPC and LSSP Licensure programs
• Post-baccalaureate Teaching Certificate
* Options available 100% online!
HBU in the news
“A school with vision and intellectual horsepower”
– BestSchools.org (2012)
“On the rise, filled with excitement”
– First Things Magazine (2011)
Houston Baptist University provides an education that will equip you to excel in your chosen field while also nurturing the wisdom and understanding needed to truly make a difference. At HBU you will enjoy the benefits of a dynamic learning environment that offers what few other faith-based colleges or universities can, including:
• An engaging hands-on education with students and professors working side by side
• A major metropolitan area brimming with jobs, internships, and cultural opportunities
• An ethnically and religiously diverse real-world campus
• A broad range of university activ-ities, including NCAA Division I sports
Our graduate programs feature small classes taught by industry professionals dedicated to preparing leaders who have the skills needed to adapt to a dynamic and unpredictable world. We also offer scheduling options designed to work with your busy life.
From corporate boardrooms to classrooms, from church pulpits to counseling centers, HBU Graduate School alumni are making a difference in their communities and serving as faithful leaders throughout the United States and the world. If you desire to enhance your life, train your mind, enrich your soul, and be part of a thriving community, the HBU Graduate School is the right place for you.
Diversity in the classroom
HBU is a university with strong Christian values oriented toward engagement with other views. Like the city of Houston, HBU is a multicultural experience. It is a comfortable and enriching environment in which to study and live because you’ll find friends who are like you, as well as friends who are different and from whom you can learn. This environment encourages engagement with different cultures and new ways of thinking, thus providing unique opportunities to cultivate your own values, character, and wisdom. That’s the HBU tradition.
Helping you finance your education
True leaders are those who measure success by the number of lives they touch and improve. As part of our mission to graduate such leaders, we work hard to provide financial aid opportunities and to address issues of affordability. As an incoming or current graduate student, you will have access to numerous academic, alumni, and merit scholarships in the Graduate School. Additionally, HBU offers financial aid to students each year based on need and available funds.
What are our graduate students saying about HBU?
“I love learning in a dynamic, Christ-centered environment where experienced professors focus on real-world situations and issues. HBU is equipping me with the knowledge and self-awareness to be not only a confident future counselor but also a well-rounded, godly woman.” — Allie Thompson
“In the Master of Arts in Psychology program, I acquired a vast depth of knowledge through challenging academics, quality training, and invaluable workplace experience. HBU has equipped me to accomplish my professional goals, including acceptance into a doctoral program in industrial-organizational psychology.” — Mike Knott
Did you know?
• A 12-day international trip is included in tuition for M.B.A. students who declare a specialization. Previous destinations have included Brazil, Dubai, and China.
• The College of Education and Behavioral Sciences boasts a 100% pass rate on the National Counselor Exam and Texas Jurisprudence Exam.
• All incoming Master of Education students receive a free iPad.
• Completion of the Post-Baccalaureate Teaching Certification program gets you halfway to a Master of Education degree.
• Our School of Christian Thought faculty includes leading public intellectuals and authors in Christian apologetics, including Lee Strobel, Michael Ward, Mary Jo Sharp, Nancy Pearcey, and William Lane Craig.
• Scholarships are available for every degree.
Are you interested?Yes, connect me!
|Art and Fine Arts|
|Counseling & Therapy|
|Curriculum & Instruction|
|Evening MBA Programs|
|Human Resource Management|
|Liberal Arts & Sciences|
|MBA - Accounting|
|MBA - Finance|
|MBA - Human Resources|
|MBA - International Business|
|MBA - Marketing|
|Psychology - General|
|Reading & Literacy|
Register now for our scholarship giveaway
*may vary by program