Programs that meet marketplace demands
Graduate Studies at Monmouth University provide distinct, high-quality degree and certificate programs for students seeking to enhance their professional skills, enrich their personal development, and create new opportunities in today’s competitive marketplace. Relevant course work taught by accomplished faculty meets the demands of the modern workforce and more.
School of Education
• Education (M.S.Ed.): Literacy
• Education (M.S.Ed.): Principal/Supervisor
• Education (M.S.Ed.): Principal/School Administrator/Supervisor
• Education (M.S.Ed.): School Counseling
• Education (M.S.Ed.): School Counseling, Student Affairs, and College Counseling
• Education (M.S.Ed.): Special Education: Tracks in Autism, Learning Disabilities Teacher–Consultant, Teaching in Inclusive Settings, and Teacher of Students with Disabilities
• Education (M.S.Ed.): Speech–Language Pathology
• Teaching (M.A.T.), Initial Certification: Tracks in Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School, and Secondary
CERTIFICATES AND ENDORSEMENTS
• Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
• Chinese, Certificate of Eligibility with Advanced Standing (CEAS)
• Director of School Counseling Services (post-master’s)
• Early Childhood
• English as a Second Language (ESL)
– Accelerated ESL
• Learning Disabilities Teacher–Consultant (post-master’s)
• Student Assistance Coordinator
• Supervisor (post-master’s)
• Teacher of Students with Disabilities (TSD)
– Accelerated TSD
• Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
– Accelerated TESOL
Wayne D. McMurray School of Humanities and Social Sciences
• Anthropology (M.A.)
• Corporate and Public Communication (M.A.)
• Criminal Justice (M.A.): Optional Track in Homeland Security
• English (M.A.): Concentrations in Creative Writing, Literature, and Rhetoric and Writing
• History (M.A.): Optional Tracks in European Specialization, U.S. Specialization, and World History Specialization
• Homeland Security (M.S.)
• Mental Health Counseling (M.S.)
• Psychological Counseling (M.A.): Optional Track in Addiction Studies
• Public Policy (M.A.)
• Homeland Security
• Human Resources Management and Communication
• Professional Counseling
• Public Service Communication Specialist
• Strategic Public Relations and New Media
Marjorie K. Unterberg School of Nursing and Health Studies
• Doctor of Nursing Practice (D.N.P.)
• Nursing (M.S.N.): Adult–Gerontological Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
• Nursing (M.S.N.): Family Nurse Practitioner
• Nursing (M.S.N.): Family Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
• Nursing (M.S.N.): Forensic Nursing
• Nursing (M.S.N.): Nursing Administration
• Nursing (M.S.N.): Nursing Education
• Nursing (M.S.N.): School Nursing
• Physician Assistant (M.S.)
• Adult–Gerontological Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (post-master’s)
• Family Nurse Practitioner (post-master’s)
• Family Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
• Forensic Nursing (online)
• Nursing Administration (post-master’s)
• Nursing Education (post-master’s)
• School Nursing
• School Nursing: Non-instructional
School of Science
• Computer Science (M.S.): Tracks in Computer Networks, Databases and Intelligent Information Systems, and Security of Information Systems and Networks
• Information Systems (M.S.): Tracks in Management or Technology
• Software Engineering (M.S.): Optional Advanced Thesis or Non-thesis Tracks
• Computer Science: Software Design and Development
• Software Development
• Software Engineering
Leon Hess Business School
• Accelerated M.B.A.
• Business Administration (M.B.A.): Optional Concentrations in Accounting, Finance, Management, Marketing, and Real Estate
School of Social Work
• Social Work (M.S.W.): Concentrations in Clinical Practice with Families and Children or International and Community Development
• Play Therapy
Increasingly, organizations are searching for individuals who have furthered their professional development by completing a master’s degree or professional certificate. At Monmouth University, students are encouraged to achieve proficiency and advance professionalism while remaining competitive and relevant in the workplace.
Apart from becoming intellectually empowered by acquiring a depth of knowledge in a specific field, students who pursue graduate degrees and certificates at Monmouth develop greater critical-thinking skills and improved writing techniques, learn to enhance public speaking, and implement up-to-date research methods. Monmouth also offers its students a culturally diverse campus with a significant emphasis on what it means to live and work in a global society.
Some of the University’s programmatically distinct graduate degrees include the Master of Social Work, which is recognized as a top 100 program by U.S.News & World Report; the Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), which is acclaimed by both The Princeton Review and U.S.News & World Report as a “Best Business School”; and the Mental Health Counseling program, which is ranked 19th in the nation by graduateprograms.com.
The graduate education programs, which are fully accredited by NCATE, offer a wide range of degrees and endorsements that support teaching, educational leadership, and counseling goals. The new Speech-Language Pathology program offers students professional preparation with a strong commitment to theoretical and research foundations of clinical intervention, which enables graduates of the program to conduct speech and language assessments and provide intervention and treatment.
Outstanding nursing programs include the Doctor of Nursing Practice, which focuses on evidence-based practice leading to advanced clinical skills. Also, the new Master of Science in Physician Assistant prepares students to enter this highly sought-after clinical profession in which the practitioner provides enhanced care as part of a medical team.
Students of the humanities will find challenging programs in history, English, anthropology, and communication. Police officers, emergency personnel, and others interested in public service can advance themselves with degrees or certificates in criminal justice or homeland security.
Additionally, government-minded students or students interested in non-government organizations (NGOs) will flourish in the public policy program, where students
explore the heart of citizenship through the worlds of elected and non-elected local, state, and national service.
Computer scientists and software engineers can prepare for or enhance careers in a wide variety of subject areas, including computer technology, telecommunications, software design, and software development. The Master of Science in Information Systems (M.S.I.S.) is a degree program that educates students on how to apply computing technology to businesses at the management level.
For more information on graduate programs, visit monmouth.edu/graduate. Information about Monmouth’s certificate programs can be found at monmouth.edu/GE.
A valuable investment
A Monmouth University education is an investment that will pay dividends for the rest of your life. The median weekly salary for those with advanced degrees is 30% more than individuals holding only a bachelor’s degree, according to the Council of Graduate Schools. They also state that people with advanced degrees can expect to see overall lifetime earnings that are an estimated 19% higher.
To help you realize your goals, graduate scholarships based on cumulative undergraduate GPA are available to matriculated students in all master’s degree programs and are renewable each semester. Awards of up to $4,200 per semester are available depending on GPA and the number of credits taken.
Qualified students may also be eligible for graduate assistantships in which on-campus work is performed in exchange for tuition. These positions are limited in number, and there is a competitive application process.
Also available are scholarships specifically for math and science educators that are automatically awarded; other federal, University, private, and program-specific funds are available depending on eligibility.
Are you interested?Yes, connect me!
|Applied Behavior Analysis|
|Counseling & Therapy|
|Evening MBA Programs|
|Human Resource Management|
|MBA - Accounting|
|MBA - Finance|
|MBA - Marketing|
|MBA - Real Estate/Insurance|
|New Media Studies|
|Reading & Literacy|
|Substance Abuse Counseling|
Register now for our scholarship giveaway
*may vary by program