In an increasingly competitive world, we understand your concerns about your future. You must become “the best you” to safeguard your goals and dreams. Get the edge you need at the University of Saint Joseph.
Financial Aid: Sit down with a USJ financial aid counselor for the help you need to succeed.
Your Time Is Valuable: We offer flexible programs—part-time, full-time, online, and on-campus options.
All of You: We believe in your total well-being and invite you to make the most of all USJ offers, including a free Fitness Center, a pastoral 90-acre campus, indoor and outdoor tracks, and a thriving Arts Center and Art Gallery.
Support: USJ’s Center for Academic Excellence provides tutoring, academic support, and one-on-one mentoring. Trained counselors at our Career Counseling Center also help ensure your success.
CO-ED GRADUATE STUDY
Classes in Hartford, West Hartford, in the community, and online
Master’s Degree and Licensure Programs:
• Autism & Applied Behavior Analysis, M.S.
• Biochemistry, M.S. (online)
• Biology, M.S. (online)
• Chemistry, M.S. (online)
• Clinical Mental Health Counseling, M.A.
• Early Childhood Education/Special Education, M.A.
• Education, M.A.
• Management, M.S.
• Marriage & Family Therapy, M.A.
• Nursing, M.S.
• Nutrition, M.S. (online)
• School Counseling, M.A.
• Social Work, M.S.W.
• Special Education, M.A.
• Teacher Licensure
Graduate Certificate Programs:
• Applied Behavior Analysis
• Autism Spectrum Disorders
• Dietetic Internship
• Emerging Infectious Diseases (online)
• Gerontology (online)
• Healthcare Systems Management
• Homeland Security Management
• Integrative Genomics (online)
• Latino Community Practice
• Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Post-master’s Certificate
• Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.)
• Doctor of Nursing Practice (D.N.P.)
At University of Saint Joseph (USJ), we know you need an edge in today’s marketplace. Our graduate programs (including certificates, master’s, and doctoral degrees) provide exceptional training in the classroom and in the community, giving you a superior skill set and instilling deep-seated confidence through practiced performance in your newly acquired abilities.
Hands-on learning at USJ is a critical component of your professional success, along with outstanding instruction by first-rate faculty within small classes. With access to local corporations, health care centers, and nonprofit organizations, USJ students “learn by doing” to accomplish their career goals. Student participation in internships, field experiences, and research opportunities, as well as networking with professionals, facilitates occupational milestones.
Who We Are
Providing value-centered education for a diverse student population, University of Saint Joseph promotes the growth of the whole person in a caring environment that encourages ethical values, personal integrity, and responsibility to society. Founded in 1932 by the Sisters of Mercy in the Roman Catholic tradition, the University welcomes students of all ages, races, religions, and cultures and is now recognized for outstanding programs that prepare graduates to serve their communities in meaningful ways.
How we’re ranked
University of Saint Joseph continually ranks among the Northeast region’s top 100 regional universities by U.S.News & World Report. For 2015–2016, USJ ranked #79!
Hilary Kasprzak, who obtained her master’s in 2015 in clinical mental health and is now employed as a clinician at Wheeler Clinic (Plainville, Connecticut), recalls: “My professors supported me through all of my accomplishments and encouraged me as I acquired the knowledge, techniques, and life lessons to help me be successful in my counseling internship at the Wheeler Clinic, where I was hired as a full-time clinician right after graduation.”
El-Amin Suliman, who obtained his master’s in biology and is now a resident physician in Rochester, Minnesota, says: “The teaching and instruction I received at USJ helped shape my decision to pursue a career in medicine. While my interest in medicine was strong prior to graduate school, I was unsure if I was adequately prepared for a rigorous curriculum in the medical sciences. After receiving a strong foundation in the basic sciences through the biology master’s program, I felt equipped to take the next step forward by attending medical school. I truly believe that if not for the support and expertise of the faculty and staff at USJ, I would not have been able to pursue my lifelong passion.”
Eric Chen, M.S., M.B.A., J.D., Associate Professor of Business Administration, says: “We put students into situations where they can succeed. By bringing the real world into the classroom through curriculum, guest lecturers, and in-the-field experiences, I push students to reach higher, be more, and do more. Our dreams for our students are at least as high as our students would dream for themselves.”
Innovations Foster Robust Growth
University of Saint Joseph is in a phase of remarkable growth with increasing enrollment and new programs, all developed to meet the needs of society. New programs include:
• The School of Pharmacy in downtown Hartford offers an accelerated curriculum (three versus four years) to secure jobs faster and save a full year’s tuition. The unique modular curriculum features one content area at a time to foster integration of information while providing experiential learning at health care centers. The School’s pass rate on the NAPLEX exam for the Class of 2014 tops the state at 98%.
• Doctor of Nursing Practice expands on a field of national distinction at USJ while cultivating valuable leaders in the health care profession.
• The master’s in autism and applied behavior analysis (the only one in Connecticut) aligns with the University’s decades-long dedication to special education. Two renowned USJ laboratory schools, The Gengras School, an on-campus educational center designed for children with autism and behavioral problems (including a recent state-of-the-art expansion), and School for Young Children, a nationally accredited preschool, serve as experiential learning environments for students. USJ is also home to the Institute for Autism and Behavior Studies.
• USJ is one of few universities nationwide offering online biology, chemistry, and biochemistry master’s degrees.
• The master’s degree in social work provides collaborative learning, evidence-based practice, and community-based research (within a flexible schedule), plus a student field education model whereby university-employed preceptors work day-to-day with students.
• A new physician assistant master’s program will launch in 2017 to serve the fast-growing job market (estimated to increase 38% through 2022).
• Innovative multidisciplinary programs, popular within behavioral sciences studies in partnership with USJ Schools of Education and Business, enable students to custom-create curriculum in a new era of collaboration and cross-specialization.
From Degree to Employment
“We’ve always found our USJ teacher hires to be so well prepared and committed to the profession. I should be thanking you for providing me with the opportunity to get a first look at your most recent graduates. Make sure you tell them to track me down and reintroduce themselves. I appreciate the partnerships we’ve been able to maintain with the University.”
— Dr. Nancy M. DePalma, Assistant Superintendent
West Hartford, Connecticut
Are you interested?Yes, connect me!
Register now for our scholarship giveaway
*may vary by program