The University of the Incarnate Word, located in the heart of San Antonio, Texas, provides graduate students with the personal attention key to their success.
Increase your earning potential with a UIW graduate degree
The University of the Incarnate Word provides graduate students with the personal attention key to their success. With eight-week semesters, students can take up to two courses per term, allowing accelerated degree completion.
Popular programs include:
• Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
• Master of Health Administration (M.H.A.)
• Master of Arts in Administration (M.A.A.)
• Master of Education (M.Ed.)
• Master of Science in Accounting (M.S.)
For a full listing of all graduate programs and specialties, please visit uiw.edu/gradstudies.
Founded: 1881 by Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word
Affiliation: Private, Catholic, co-ed
Location: UIW is located in the heart of San Antonio, Texas, near historic Alamo Heights—only a few miles north of downtown.
Campus: UIW consists of 154 acres of picturesque land that boasts the headwaters of the San Antonio River. UIW also has a virtual university and additional campuses around San Antonio and Corpus Christi (Texas), Mexico, and Germany.
Campus Mission: Supporting the core values of faith, truth, service, innovation, and education
Mascot: “Red” the Cardinal
Accreditation: UIW is accredited by the Commission of Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate, baccalaureate, master’s, and doctorate degrees.
Majors: Over 20 combined master’s and doctoral programs with several different concentrations within most programs; for a complete list, please refer to uiw.edu/gradstudies.
Classroom Experience: At Incarnate Word students enjoy small classes and a close network of family-like relationships between students and professors. With a student-faculty ratio of 14:1 and an average class size of 25, students build relationships that extend beyond the classroom and provide a solid foundation for their future.
Graduate students are enrolled in the
• Accounting Administration
• Business Administration
• Biomedical Science
• Communication Arts
• Doctor of Business Administration
• Doctor of Nursing Practice
• Doctor of Philosophy
• Doctor of Vision Science
• Education, Fashion Design
• Healthcare Administration
• Multidisciplinary Studies
• Multidisciplinary Sciences
• Sport Management
• Vision Science
STUDENTS: 765 total graduate population for fall 2015
Financial Aid: Financial assistance is available for students enrolling in UIW graduate, doctoral, and professional (optometry, pharmacy, and physical therapy) programs; uiw.edu/finaid/gradprofstud.html
Graduate Student Services: The Graduate Support Center directs a variety of activities geared toward increasing student retention, academic performance, and persistence to graduation.
• Academic and Professional Development workshop series enhance student academic performance
• Graduate Writing Institute (GWI) creates a dynamic process for evaluating student writing via a diagnostic review process and active engagement with faculty writing coaches
In 2014 the Graduate Support Center was nationally recognized with the “Excelencia in Education” award. This is the only national initiative to systematically identify, recognize, and catalogue evidence-based programs that improve Latino college success.
The University of the Incarnate Word (UIW) is one of the nation’s most diverse institutions, offering a full range of high-quality graduate and professional programs in the business, education, and health-related disciplines. Our programs shape leaders for the 21st century, imparting skills and attributes necessary for professional success.
The Office of Research and Graduate Studies is the institution’s primary advocate for graduate study and the research enterprise. It strives to nurture and preserve academic excellence by taking the lead in shaping graduate policy, assisting faculty in guiding and mentoring graduate students, and integrating services that support students in becoming accomplished and ethical scholars, researchers, and practitioners in their disciplines of study.
“We expect that the graduate education you receive at UIW will transform you to become concerned and enlightened citizens within the global community. Our goal is to shape excellent minds of strong character in a context of faith, who will then become transformational leaders within their communities,” said Dr. Osman Özturgut, Dean of Research and Graduate Studies.
UIW graduate students experience flexible and interactive learning opportunities with a low student-faculty ratio. An accessible and engaging learning environment allows students to expand their professional horizon while piquing their intellectual curiosities.
UIW’s graduate students find support through two primary areas: the Graduate Support Center (GSC) and the Office of Research Development (ORD).
The GSC provides ample academic services and programming, including:
• Academic skill and professional development workshops to enhance academic performance and develop student career outcomes
• Graduate Writing Institutes to strengthen academic writing skills
• Peer mentoring in writing and statistics
• Engagement programs that connect students to the UIW community and their disciplines
• Communication plans that provide students targeted information on various resources, opportunities, and services
• A Family Orientation Program that engages students and their familial support networks with the University community
The ORD provides support services to the university research community, including:
• Locating external funding opportunities and understanding sponsor requirements, federal policies, and national best practices
• Research design development
• Statistical support services
• Training workshops related to the research process
• Internal funding opportunities
• Human Subjects Institutional Review Board (HSIRB) support
Committed to offering students a global experience, UIW has 10 locations in San Antonio; academic sites in Killeen and Corpus Christi; a study center in Heidelberg, Germany; and two campuses in Mexico. UIW is a leader in international education, with 140 sister schools in 44 countries. UIW is the largest Catholic university in the state and the fourth-largest private university in Texas.
“Overall, choosing UIW gave me an experience I could not get anywhere else. I know this because in my discussion with other M.B.A.s around the country, few have the ability to take theory and put it into reality. The value of this skill is not quantifiable,” said Robert Cappello ’12 M.B.A.
For information about UIW’s graduate programs, contact Johnny Garcia, Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-805-3554.
Are you interested?Yes, connect me!
Register now for our scholarship giveaway
*may vary by program