Everyone at CollegeXpress would like to thank you for a great year! We are honored to be your #1 resource for finding colleges, scholarships, and so much more.

With our thanks every day,
Your friends at CollegeXpress

Register Today! Close


How can I get involved in student-faculty research as an undergrad?


Nancy Hensel, Ed.D.
Executive Officer

Council on Undergraduate Research
(with Diane Husic, Ph.D., President, CUR)

Admission officers may be able to tell you about research opportunities that are available on a campus you are considering.  Also, your campus may have an office of undergraduate research. If so, that may be the best place to once you have matriculated as a student. If your college does not have an undergraduate research office, you may wish to check with the department chair of the discipline you are interested in and he/she may be able to direct you to a specific professor. Your academic advisor should also be able to assist you in finding a mentor, or a professor that you have for class can point you in the right direction.