Is this really your last year of high school?! Is it really senior year?! And is it really almost time to apply to colleges?!?!
You bet it is. But don’t worry. You’ve got this. You can even enjoy this fall while getting your college applications done (with time to spare). Just follow this advice. And feel free to get in touch with us if you need more help.
Surviving senior year
- Senior–Year Priorities: You're finally a senior! The school year is going to fly by, and before you know it, you'll be crossing the stage. Read on for some tips on getting the most out of your final year of high school.
- Your Roadmap to Senior Year Success: Buckle up, y'all. This newly minted college student explains how to make your senior year of high school the best one yet.
- 12 Ways to Reduce Junior and Senior Year Stress: Six things you can do right now to ease your stress, plus six habits you can (and should) develop to keep your stress levels in check for a long time to come.
- Freshman vs. Senior Year of High School: The Biggest Differences: From your classes to your relationships to your, well, you, there are a lot.
- 4 Universal Truths About Senior Year of High School: You'll relate to these truths about senior year—trust us.
- How to Not Go Crazy at the End of Senior Year of High School: When you get close to the end of your senior year of high school, a lot of things start to happen really fast. Here's how to handle them all—and even have fun in the process!
- 10 Tips for Shaking Off Senioritis: Don't get in a senior slump—it could cost you! Here are 10 tips on getting rid of this disease.
- 10 Things You Need to Do Before You Leave High School: You may be counting the days until graduation, but it's important to make some lasting memories while you can.
College search and application advice
- The Ultimate Guide to the College Search: How to Find Your Perfect College Match: This is it. This is how you find the perfect college—or colleges—for you.
- 20 Helpful College Search Tips From a High School Senior: These really helped one high school senior on her way to choosing a university.
- Athletic Recruitment: Senior Year: A step-by-step guide to college athletic recruitment each year in high school. This week, we're discussing seniors!
- The Ultimate College Application Guide: All that soul searching to find the perfect college has come down to this--the application. But what actually goes into that mythical document?
- Senior Year College Application Timeline: It's application crunch time! Here is what to do and when to do it.
All about financial aid
- How to Pay for College, Step by Step: Yes, you can afford to college. We're going to help you get there. One step at a time.
- How to Fill Out the FAFSA, Step by Step: This free application can lead you to a wealth of financial aid, and filling out the FAFSA is not as hard as you may think.
- Introduction to the CSS/Profile: The CSS/PROFILE is a standard form, similar to the FAFSA. However, schools can supplement the form with hundreds of their own questions.
- How to Get Financial Aid for College: The Ultimate Guide: Choosing a college is complicated. You've got to figure out what type of school you want, where to live, what to study, and—oh yeah—how to pay for it all. Here's how.
- The Best Scholarship Search Sites, Books, and More: Do you want to win a college scholarship? Lucky for you, there are literally billions of dollars in awards out there...and plenty of resources to help you find them.
Test prep tips
- Standardized Test Timeline for High School Students: What to Take and When? From the SAT and SAT Subject Tests to the ACT and AP tests, you can encounter a lot of exams throughout high school.
- How to Make the Best Use of Your Time When Practicing for Standardized Tests: For seniors, autumn means college essays and interviews and applications—and their last chance to take those infamous standardized tests.
- 5 Ways to Ace All Your Standardized Tests This Year: Here's a list of standardized test tips so you can ace them without reading all those larger-than-life prep books. Unless, of course, you really want to read them. No judgment.
- Pros and Cons of Retaking the SAT or ACT: Should you subject yourself to test-taking hell all over again to get a better score? It depends. Here are some pros and cons to the situation.