Last Updated: Nov 18, 2020
Is this really your last year of high school?! Is it really senior year?! Is it really almost time to apply to colleges?! You bet it is. But don’t worry. You’ve got this. You can even enjoy this fall while getting your college applications done (with time to spare). To help you get through senior year with ease by staying organized and on the ball, we’ve rounded up our best advice from all over the site specifically geared toward seniors and the college search. So take a look at all the advice we have to offer! And feel free to get in touch with us if you need more help.
Surviving senior year
- Starting Your Senior Year: 4 Things You Need to Do: Obviously, you want to have fun senior year—but there are some things you have to get done. Here’s a list of 5 things you should make top priorities for the year.
- Senior–Year Priorities: You're finally a senior! The school year is going to fly by, and before you know it, you'll be crossing the stage. Read on for some tips on getting the most out of your final year of high school.
- Your Roadmap to Senior Year Success: Buckle up, y'all. This newly minted college student explains how to make your senior year of high school the best one yet.
- Your Road Map to a Successful Senior Year: If that first road map guide wasn’t enough, here’s another road map to help you reach senior year success.
- Video: Be Prepared for Senior Year of High School: Student vlogger Zenavieve has advice to share on how to be prepared for senior year.
- Video: Making the Fall of Senior Year Easier: It’s the beginning of your fall semester that really sets the precedent for the rest of senior year. Student vlogger Lucia has some advice for making your fall a little easier.
- 12 Ways to Reduce Junior and Senior Year Stress: Six things you can do right now to ease your stress, plus six habits you can (and should) develop to keep your stress levels in check for a long time to come.
- Freshman vs. Senior Year of High School: The Biggest Differences: From your classes to your relationships to your, well, you, there are a lot.
- 4 Universal Truths About Senior Year of High School: You'll relate to these truths about senior year—trust us.
- How to Not Go Crazy at the End of Senior Year of High School: When you get close to the end of your senior year of high school, a lot of things start to happen really fast. Here's how to handle them all—and even have fun in the process!
- 10 Tips for Shaking Off Senioritis: Don't get in a senior slump—it could cost you! Here are 10 tips on getting rid of this disease.
- 10 Things You Need to Do Before You Leave High School: You may be counting the days until graduation, but it's important to make some lasting memories while you can.
- Setting Your Senior Year Bucket List: Senior year may be about keeping up your grades and getting ready for college, but it should also be about enjoying yourself! Here are some ideas to put on your last year of high school bucket list.
College search and application advice
- The Ultimate Guide to the College Search: How to Find Your Perfect College Match: This is it. This is how you find the perfect college—or colleges—for you.
- 20 Helpful College Search Tips From a High School Senior: These really helped one high school senior on her way to choosing a university.
- The Ultimate College Application Guide: All that soul searching to find the perfect college has come down to this--the application. But what actually goes into that mythical document?
- Senior Year College Application Timeline: It's application crunch time! Here is what to do and when to do it.
- Simplify Senior Year With These College Application Tips: Don’t you wish senior year could just be simple? Well if you follow these tips, it could certainly be a lot simpler.
All about financial aid
- How to Pay for College, Step by Step: Yes, you can afford to college. We're going to help you get there. One step at a time.
- How to Fill Out the FAFSA, Step by Step: This free application can lead you to a wealth of financial aid, and filling out the FAFSA is not as hard as you may think.
- Introduction to the CSS/Profile: The CSS/PROFILE is a standard form, similar to the FAFSA. However, schools can supplement the form with hundreds of their own questions.
- How to Get Financial Aid for College: The Ultimate Guide: Choosing a college is complicated. You've got to figure out what type of school you want, where to live, what to study, and—oh yeah—how to pay for it all. Here's how.
- The Best Scholarship Search Sites, Books, and More: Do you want to win a college scholarship? Lucky for you, there are literally billions of dollars in awards out there...and plenty of resources to help you find them.
- Types of College Financial Aid: Before you can start applying for financial aid, it’s best to know what kind of aid colleges offer to students. Here’s what you need to know!
- 5 Little-Known Secrets to Getting More Gift Aid: The best kind of financial aid for college is the kind you don’t have to pay back. Here are some secrets to receiving more scholarships and grants.
Test prep tips
- Standardized Test Timeline for High School Students: What to Take and When? From the SAT and SAT Subject Tests to the ACT and AP tests, you can encounter a lot of exams throughout high school.
- How to Make the Best Use of Your Time When Practicing for Standardized Tests: For seniors, autumn means college essays and interviews and applications—and their last chance to take those infamous standardized tests.
- 5 Ways to Ace All Your Standardized Tests This Year: Here's a list of standardized test tips so you can ace them without reading all those larger-than-life prep books. Unless, of course, you really want to read them. No judgment.
- Pros and Cons of Retaking the SAT or ACT: Should you subject yourself to test-taking hell all over again to get a better score? It depends. Here are some pros and cons to the situation.
- The Truth About SAT and ACT Prep Courses: If you’re thinking of taking a standardized test prep course before taking the SAT or ACT, consider this before deciding if it’s right for you.
- The Best ACT Test Prep Sites, Books, and More: If you’re planning to take the ACT during senior year, here are the best resources to take advantage of.
- Top Tips for Stress-Free Test Prep: It’s no secret that standardized tests are one of the most stressful parts of being a high school student. Here’s some advice to ease the stress in your test prep.
We hope at least one (but hopefully many) of these articles helped you in some way during your college search and your final year of high school! You’re about to embark on a whole new journey that sure to bring it success and great memories. As senior year progresses, check back here to see if any of the articles take on new meaning or offer advice at just the right time. Good luck with senior year and your college applications!
Sick of reading articles? Get more great college advice from the experts and student vloggers on our YouTube channel!