College starts up again soon, and with college comes much shopping! However, if you’re as broke as I am (and I know I’m not alone), you’re going to want to bring as little as possible (but as much as needed).
So, you’ll hear it here first: here’s all the extremely necessary things you’ll need to bring to school with you this fall in order to have an extremely productive (and not as broke) college life.
- Morning essentials. This includes toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, floss, retainer, shaving cream, razor, deodorant, ChapStick, and feminine hygiene products (for the ladies, of course). Need I really explain why?
- Painkillers (like Tylenol) and any other needed meds. Headaches happen, people!
- Q-tips, hair ties, and cotton balls for small cosmetic needs.
- Shower stuff—hair products, soap, towels, and shower shoes. Linoleum showers are gross
- First aid kit, no matter how basic. You never know!
- Plenty of clothing. Warm, cold, and rainy. You’ll need it.
- Laptop and chargers, because technology is everything nowadays.
- Shout® wipes for minor stains, and Tide® pods for laundry! It’s that simple. Oh, and paper towels = endless usage.
- Hangers, because clothing will wrinkle.
- Water bottle for convenience, plus dishes (if you’re making your own meals).
- Mini-fridge and microwave, because munchies! (Not completely necessary but definitely recommended.
- Bedding set! You can find them for cheap at Walmart.
- Flash drive, because technology is unpredictable, and an Ethernet cable for more convenient Wi-Fi. Plus a power bank for anywhere phone charging.
- Book bag! It’s not just for high school.
- Stamps and stationary, because why not?
- Personal info like health insurance card and ID.
- Last and certainly not least, class supplies! These will be dictated by your schedules but include basic fare like loose-leaf paper, notebooks, binders, pens, pencils, and textbooks. Bring books for pleasure reading too!
And that’s that! I tried to keep it all to the basic minimum.. I hope this helps you move in with confidence when it’s time! #Classof2021takeflight