Originally Posted: Apr 5, 2019
Last Updated: Jan 2, 2020
In this episode of College Cooking, Tyler shows us how to make quesadillas in the microwave. A few ingredients, easy to assemble, and quick to cook—it’s the perfect dinner or late-night snack! Check out the video below.
What you’ll need
- 1 tortilla
- Protein (in this case, chicken)
- About a cup of salsa
- Shredded cheese
- Bonus: spices (try crushed red pepper flakes)
- Place tortilla on a microwave-safe plate.
- Fill one side of the tortilla with protein—make sure to spread evenly.
- Sprinkle cheese over the protein source—feel free to add as much as you’d like.
- Add a few spoonfuls of salsa on top—if you have any spices you’d like to add, sprinkle them on top now.
- Fold the tortilla in half, pat it down, and center it.
- Place in the microwave for 2:00 minutes.
- Remove and use remaining salsa to dip. Enjoy!