Whether you believe in the significance of a new year or not, there’s no denying that a new semester is important. It’s a fresh start with classes, a new beginning, and a time for you to prove yourself. Here’s a playlist to help you to not just survive but conquer your second semester! Spotify playlist at the end.
- Closer to the Edge by 30 Seconds to Mars: If you listen closely to these lyrics, it’s all about embarking on a journey to the edge of discovery. In the new semester, why not explore and discover? Look for new opportunities such as internships, jobs, or clubs on your campus. Find new places to study, eat, or hangout with friends. Discover new hobbies, passions, or future career interests.
- Anything Could Happen by Ellie Goulding: In the second semester––and anytime in life, really––truly anything can happen. Don’t give in to the thought that this semester will be the same old same old, because it’s bound to be different. New classes, new people, new lessons in class, and how about new food in the dining hall, perhaps? The possibilities are endless.
- Let it Be by The Beatles: Let go of any negative thoughts or feelings surrounding college (and life in general). Instead, turn them into positive energy to find balance, success, peace, and wisdom in the current semester.
- Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon & Garfunkel: The bonds you create with other students in college are invaluable. As you gather for late-night study sessions, exploring new places off campus, and experiencing new things this semester, remind yourself of how meaningful a good friend can be.
- Midnight City by M83: De-stress this semester. Sometimes you just need to jam out in your room to an awesome song. We all need a study break from time to time. The song also doubles as a perfect soundtrack for a night of adventure. And college is the time for adventure!
- I Know It’s Gonna Happen Someday by Morrissey: An A in your physics class? A new project ? A new friendship? Think about your goals this current semester with this inspirational ballad in your ear. Trust yourself and have faith that it will happen someday.
- Don’t Dream It's Over by Crowded House: And when you find that faith, don’t ever lose it! It’s impossible to live a perfect life. Some obstacles might arise this semester, but remember that the human spirit is powerful enough to push through any type of adversity.