Are you planning to take the ACT this year? That’s a pretty big step toward preparing for college. If you’re wondering what sitting for the test is like, student vlogger Arielle took the ACT recently. Check out her experience below!
Fun facts about the ACT
- The ACT was first offered in 1959 by University of Iowa professor Everett Franklin Lindquist.
- Wake Forest University and Harvey Mudd College were the last two colleges to start accepting ACT scores in 2006 and 2007 respectively.
- Most students in the Midwest will take the ACT, while more students living on the East and West Coasts will take the SAT.
- In 2017, only 2,760 students earned a perfect score (36) on the ACT.
- The average ACT score is 21.