Success Starts Here
The University of New Haven is a leader in transformative,student-first education. Through project--based study, a University-wide professional orientation, internships,and service learning—all grounded ina strong liberal arts core curriculum—hard-working and motivated students graduate with the skills, knowledge, and experience essential to success.
Experienced faculty who care
As leaders and innovators in their fields, our faculty bring both extensiveprofessional experience and academic rigor to the classroom. The sincere interest our faculty and administratorshave for our students provides theinspiration and individual recognition that students need to realize their full potential.
The University’s five Colleges, each with a distinct area of focus—Arts and Sciences, Business, Criminal Justice and Forensic Sciences, Engineering, and Fine Arts—house more than 100 academic programs and offer students an exciting range of paths to explore.
Career development is integratedthroughout your four years, starting with the creation of a PersonalProfessional Development Plan in your freshman year. From there we connect you with an alumni mentor, set up job shadowing opportunities, help you secure key internships, polish your résumé, and help you master the art of the interview.
$15.5 million David A. Beckerman Recreation Center
Occupying 58,000 square feet, the David A. Beckerman RecreationCenter features the latest exercise equipment, a multi-court gymnasium, yoga, spin classes, Pilates, racquetball courts, lounges, locker rooms, a 1/10th-mile suspended running track, and a juice/smoothie bar.
Westside Hall—new first-year residence hall
An impressive 90,000 square feet,this new residence hall has created a dynamic hub of activity on campus. Although the top three stories of the building are residential units, the ground floor provides amenitiesto the University at large as well. A 250–280-seat dining room, common lounge spaces, and 2,300 square feet of classroom space with state-of-the-art technology are open to everyone.
$9.4 million Henry C. Lee Institute
The Henry C. Lee Institute of Forensic Science includes a Forensic Crisis Management Command Center, National Crime Scene Training and Technology Center, and state-of-the-art laboratories and classrooms.
• Location: West Haven, Connecticut
• Enrollment: 4,600 full-time undergraduates
• Financial Aid: 95% of students receiving some form of financial aid
• Student-Faculty Ratio: 16:1
• Average Class Size: 22 students
• Faculty: 270 full time, with 90% holding a PhD or other terminal degree in their field
• Colleges: Five career-enhancing colleges
• Programs of Study: More than 100 undergraduate and 30 graduate degree programs (including concentrations)
• Degrees Offered: Associate, bachelor’s, master’s, PhD; dual majors or major plus minor
• Campus Life: More than 170 student clubs and organizations
• Athletics: 17 NCAA Division II men’s and women’s sports teams