Be emboldened to think big.
Be empowered to make a statement.
• More than 30 majors
• 10+ Bachelor's-to-Master's accelerated degree programs (Business, Computer Science, Economics, Education, Infant Mental Health, Pubiic Policy)
• 76% of classes with 20 students or fewer
• 76% female faculty
• 72% of our faculty hold the highest degree in their field
• Student-faculty ratio of 11:1
Points of Pride
• The #3 "Best Value" College in the West – U.S. News & World Report 2019
• Top 10 Regional Universities in the West – U.S. News & World Report 2019
• Top 384 Best Colleges in the US – The Princeton Review
• 766 Undergraduate women
• 489 Graduate women and men
• From 41 states and 15 countries
• 39% first-generation college students
• Four Stars on the Campus Pride Index
• 59% undergraduate students of color
• 91% of graduates employed or pursuing further education
At Mills College, you’ll find the freedom and support you need to pursue your passions.You’ll be encouraged to ask questions and dig deep for answers. You’ll discover the power of your voice so you can speak up and make a difference for the ideals and people that matter to you.
You’ll grow as a thinker and leader through activities on and off campus. When you graduate, you will join a global network of alumnae who establish nonprofits and businesses, shape policies and politics, and push the boundaries in the arts and sciences.
A top-ranked education is within your reach
To help as many students as possible have access to a life-changing education, we reduced our undergraduate tuition by 36% in 2018.
Students continue to have the opportunity to receive merit scholarships and need-based aid, making Mills an affordable choice.
Our location in the heart of the San Francisco Bay Area enables students to connect with innovative employers in the arts, science, technology, and health care. Mills students find internships to support their studies and land great jobs after graduation.
MPOWER, the signature undergraduate experience at Mills, is designed around you. We’ll help you discover and realize your dreams through these resources:
• Personal Academic Success Team
• Faculty-Mentored Passion Projects
• Experiential Learning On and Off Campus
• Career Connections and Preparation