Our mission: to educate and inspire students to discover their passion, become innovative leaders with character, and make a difference around the world.
Founded in 1863, Bryant is a private, nonprofit, coeducational, accredited four-year university.
• Located in Smithfield, Rhode Island, our safe, welcoming 435-acre campus is located 15 minutes from Providence, one hour from Boston, and three hours from New York City.
• 3,798 full-time and part-time students; 94 new transfer students in 2017
• More than 76% of students live on campus in single-sex and co-ed residence halls, suites, and townhouses.
• Average class size: 26 students
• Locations to choose from for study abroad: 152
• Percentage of students employed or in graduate school within six months of graduation: 99%
• Median first-year compensation for the Class of 2017: $59,000
• Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International), and the Association of American Colleges & Universities; Bryant’s International Business degree is a member of CUIBE: the Consortium for Undergraduate International Business Education.
More than 300 different major/minor combinations:
College of Business
• Data Science
• Financial Services
• Information Systems
• International Business
- Human Resource
- Leadership & Innovation
- Team & Project Management
College of Arts and Sciences
• Actuarial Mathematics
• Applied Economics
• Applied Mathematics & Statistics
• Environmental Science
• Global Studies
• Literary & Cultural Studies
• Politics & Law
Room and Board: $15,397
Student Fees: $897
Fall (September) semester: February 1; spring (January) semester: November 15; the application fee is $50.
Financial Aid: Transfer scholarships are based on academic criteria. Need-based financial aid is available. The FAFSA form deadline is February 15.
Admission and Contact: The Office of Admission is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 am–4:30 pm, and Saturdays, 9:00 am–2:30 pm. During the summer months, the office is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 am–4:00 pm, and Saturdays, 9:00 am–2:30 pm.
Call 800-662-7001 or visit admission.bryant.edu for dates of information sessions, open houses, and Saturday tours.
Today’s world is more interconnected—and fast moving. That means more than ever, leaders today need adaptable skills and perspectives for success. That’s why we develop problem solvers and forward thinkers with character who have what it takes to lead within a global context.
At Bryant, you’ll find an education that’s focused on innovation—one that values creativity and knowledge that crosses traditional academic lines. Because that’s what you need to make an impact when the pace of organizations and society—and their complexity—are ever increasing.
It’s all purposefully complemented by rich cocurricular opportunities, service learning programs, and internships designed to enhance your education. In our student-centered community, you’ll find we create an experience that integrates living and learning for an immersive student life.
Throughout our 155-year history, we’ve embraced new ways of thinking to create academic programs that deliver what society needs. We’re confident Bryant will supply you with the skills the 21st century requires for success.
The future offers limitless opportunities. To make sure you’re ready for them, your education has to go further—so that you can too. That’s why we do things differently. Our curriculum is nationally recognized as path-breaking. And we teach in ways that go far beyond the textbook, because that’s what it takes to prepare leaders today.
Here you’ll study both business and the arts and sciences—meaning you’ll major in one and minor in the other. You’ll learn how to innovate—and collaborate—to solve problems and gain real experience right away. And you’ll do it in ways that span industries and cultures and that advance positive societal change.
Most of all, you’ll be inspired—by our faculty who teach in new and engaging ways and by our culture of innovation on campus that grows year after year.
Prepared from the start
As a Bryant student, you’ll focus on preparing yourself to enter a dynamic global workforce. Employers tell us how much they love hiring accomplished Bryant graduates. And it shows: more than 99% of our graduates are employed or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation. And the median first-year salary for our graduates is $59,000.
Our academic programs, distinguished by the integration of business and the arts and sciences, can give you the critical-thinking skills, writing skills, and working knowledge of business that push our graduates to the front of the pack in any field.
Outstanding faculty, with many options for study
Here you’ll learn from world-class experts, researchers, and scholars. At Bryant, our faculty meet the highest of standards—84% hold PhDs or have a terminal degree in their field. And they’re committed to teaching in our student-centered environment. Even outside of class, they’ll be your mentors and coaches.
We keep the classes small; there are no large lecture halls, and 100% of your classes will be taught by professors, not teaching assistants or graduate students. And you’ll have more than 300 major/minor combinations to choose from, including basics like Accounting, Biology, and Psychology to contemporary programs like Forensic Science, Social Entrepreneurship, and International Business.
Purposeful campus life
Bryant, located in Smithfield, Rhode Island, offers a beautiful, secure 435-acre campus just 15 minutes from downtown Providence and one hour from Boston. We’re a close-knit, friendly community; 76% of our students choose to live on campus. With 22 varsity sports teams, Division I spirit inspires the community to come together throughout the school year.
The campus life is as energetic and diverse as its student body, and you’ll build meaningful connections with organizations and student groups across campus. There are more than 100 student clubs and organizations at Bryant, including Greek life and academic clubs.
Facts for transfer students
Every year, Bryant welcomes students with prior university or college credit into our close-knit learning community. Bryant offers you the opportunity to continue your education at an institution with high academic standards, a rich student life, and access to the latest technology. Bryant makes the transfer process a smooth one by offering:
• Special transfer information and orientation sessions
• A friendly and accessible admission staff specifically assigned to meet the needs of transfer students
• Transfer enrollment for both the fall and spring semesters
• A credit evaluation indicating which classes will transfer (up to 62 credits from a two-year college, 92 credits from a four-year college), along with a curriculum summary identifying the Bryant courses to be completed