As Maine’s only Catholic college, Saint Joseph’s provides a values-centered education that serves the student—and the world. Our transfer population is an important part of the Saint Joseph’s College community, and one that we continue to try and expand. Transfer students bring a unique perspective, including their past experiences and a sense of maturity that help make Saint Joseph’s a better place for students to grow.
Areas of Study
• Business & Sports Management
• Human Resource Management
• Information Technology Management
• International Business
Communications, Fine Art, English & Writing
• Art & Design
- Business Communication
- Sports Communication
• Fine Arts
• Writing & Publishing
• Biology/Secondary Education
• Chemistry/Secondary Education
• Elementary Education
• English/Secondary Education
• History/Secondary Education
• Mathematics/Secondary Education
• Special Education
Exercise Science, Physical Education & Sports Management
• Exercise Science
- Fitness Leader
- Pre-physical Therapy
- Sports Performance
• Health & Wellness/Pre-occupational Therapy
• Health & Wellness Promotion
• Physical Education Teacher
• Sports Management
• Sports Management—Athletic Administration
• Self-Designed Major
Natural, Physical & Health Sciences
• Environmental Science
• Environmental Studies
• Marine Science
• Medical Biology
• Pre-physician Assistant
Partnership Degree Programs
• Criminal Justice
• Political Science
• Social Work
* Fast Track to Master of Accountancy
COLLEGE OF MAINE
AT A GLANCE
• Maine’s only Catholic college, founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1912
• Situated on 474 acres on the shore of Sebago Lake, 18 miles from Portland, two hours north of Boston
• Enrollment of about 1,000 students, 86% of whom reside on campus
• Strong liberal arts core with more than 40 majors and programs
• Small classes (average 16 students) with a student-faculty ratio of 12:1
• Over 30 clubs and organizations
• Division III intercollegiate athletics with 19 men’s and women’s varsity teams
• Values-centered environment with many options for community-based learning and volunteering
• 10 residence halls with choice of traditional, townhouse, or suite style
• Over 90% of students receiving financial assistance
• Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
When you step into a classroom at Saint Joseph’s College, you’re truly getting personal attention. Most classes have only 20–25 students, and our student-faculty ratio is 12:1. Professors offer not only their expertise but also a part of themselves. You’ll feel important at Saint Joseph’s, like your future matters to the people supporting you in your time here.
Saint Joseph’s offers more than 40 majors and concentrations based on a strong liberal arts foundation. Study Away is offered through the International Student Exchange Program and Council on International Education Exchange.
Academics at Saint Joseph’s are complemented by a culture where values and service are important. Many students roll up their sleeves and make a difference in someone’s life through community service, where students integrate academic knowledge with hands-on community work.
Students acquire valuable real-world experience through faculty-sponsored field research or workplace internships, helping students develop professional contacts. Our Career Services Center works closely with students to find internships and learn about time management, study skills, and test-taking strategies. Graduating seniors receive one-on-one résumé and interview counseling.
We want to make this transition as easy for you as possible! That’s why transfer students can transfer in up to 95 credits. Our registrar’s office will send out preliminary credit evaluations within two weeks of acceptance. Be sure to set up a time to meet with our Transfer Counselor or a Program Director in your intended major to personally go over what your remaining years will look like at Saint Joseph’s. We also offer transfer students the same range of Merit Scholarship Awards as we do to first-year students!
Come visit our campus to see why Saint Joseph’s is the best fit for you in your next chapter.
Imagine spectacular views of Mount Washington from a lakeside beach. We offer the best of both worlds on 474 acres of possibilities near the southern Maine coast, just two hours from Boston, nestled in a four-season recreation area surrounded by lakes and the foothills of the White Mountains. Prime skiing, hiking, and kayaking spots are nearby, and the culture and entertainment of cosmopolitan Portland are just 18 miles away. The town of Windham, with a range of shops to meet everyday needs, is just three miles from campus.
As a member of the Great Northeast Athletic Conference with 19 Division III varsity teams and a host of club and intramural sports, we offer students plenty of options when it comes to competing and having fun. The Harold Alfond Center features a fitness and weight room, rock-climbing wall, suspended track, six-lane pool, 1,300-seat gym, outdoor patio, dance studio, and student lounge overlooking Sebago Lake and the mountains.
We offer a valuable, affordable education, and we want to take the concern about finances out of decision making. Each year, more than 90% of our students receive assistance. We award a number of generous merit-based scholarships, up to $20,000 (renewable annually), along with need-based grants.