There is a world of possibilities at Gannon University—the possibilities that are within you. You’ll learn here, form lifelong friendships here, and grow here, because at Gannon, it’s within your reach. You’ll see things, learn things, and experience things that you never thought were possible. It’s what happens when you believe.
Erie is Pennsylvania’s fourth-largest city and is located in the northwest corner of the state on the shores of Lake Erie. It is approximately 120 miles north of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; 90 miles east of Cleveland, Ohio; and 90 miles west of Buffalo, New York. The campus is within five miles of Interstates 79 and 90 and five miles from Erie International Airport. Erie is also served by rail and bus transportation.
TYPE OF school: Private Catholic university
SIZE OF CAMPUS: Urban campus
NUMBER OF STUDENTS: 4,291
NUMBER OF FACULTY: 229 full time
COLLEGES, PROGRAMS, AND DEGREES: Gannon offers over 100 bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees within its three colleges: College of Engineering and Business; Morosky College of Health Professions and Sciences; and College of Humanities, Education, and Social Sciences.
GEOGRAPHIC DIVERSITY: More than 674 international students from 52+ countries are enrolled at Gannon.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SERVICES: Members of the Office of Global Support and Student Engagement at Gannon will pick you up from the airport when you first arrive and help you get settled. While you are here, the OGSSE will also provide:
• In-depth support in adjusting to Gannon’s academic and
• Scheduled transportation assistance to nearby shopping areas
• Ongoing assistance with immigration laws and regulations
• Community and cultural events
• Ongoing referrals to academic advisors and other support services as needed
• Excursions to Niagara Falls and other regional destinations
• Alumni support at various levels
• On-campus English as a Second Language (ESL)
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT BUDGET:
University/Activity Fees: $1,206
On-Campus Living (Double Occupancy in Freshman Hall): $6,690
Meal Plan (15 Meals/Week + 5 Guest Passes): $5,090
* Tuition for Engineering, Computer Science, and Health Professions
** Total dependent on room and board preferences, health insurance, and book costs
FINANCIAL AID: At Gannon University, we are committed to offering our international students an exceptional education at an affordable price. Many international undergraduate students are eligible for an international award. Students who have an outstanding academic background will also be eligible for an academic award to be deducted from annual tuition costs.
TEST SCORE REQUIREMENTS: For exemption from on-campus ESL placement tests, the following assessments are accepted for most academic programs:
• TOEFL scores of 550 (paper test), 213 (computer test), or 79 (iBT)
• ELS Language Center level 112 or a minimum IELTS band score of 6 (6.5 Computer Science and Nursing) in lieu of TOEFL
• A minimum PTE score of 53
• English3 score of 66
• Duolingo English Test score of 49
APPLICATION DEADLINES AND FEES: Applications for undergraduate programs are processed on an ongoing basis throughout the year. Certain pre-professional programs have varying application deadlines. Find out more at gannon.edu/global.
Inspiring academic success
With a 13:1 student-faculty ratio, the interactions you have with your professors will be among your most important experiences at Gannon.
Here you will apply classroom learning to projects, research, and internships while working alongside faculty experts and professionals in your field.
Students have access to innovative technology and laboratories in exceptional learning environments, including:
• Forensic Investigation Center
• Human Performance Laboratory
• Center for Advanced Engineering
• Erie Technology Incubator
Home away from home
Our campus is a hub for learning, activity, and socializing; but above all, it’s a great place to call home.
When you arrive in the United States, you are greeted with a warm welcome from the staff of the Office of Global Support and Student Engagement. They will always be available for assistance and provide:
• In-depth support in adjusting to Gannon’s academic and student life
• Ongoing assistance with immigration laws and regulations
• Transportation assistance upon arrival
To help students develop throughout their time at Gannon, additional services across campus are available, including:
• On-campus English Language and Global Training
• Academic support services within the Student Success Center
• Community events and scheduled excursions to various regional destinations
In just a short amount of time, you will feel at home at Gannon University.
Faith, friends, and fun
Gannon believes in educating not just intellectually but emotionally, socially, and spiritually as well. Our welcoming environment is the perfect place to make friends and participate in:
• 135 clubs and organizations, such as Global Unity at Gannon University, Student Government Association, or Society of Women Engineers
• Service learning or community outreach during GIVE Day or in the Gannon Goodwill Garden
• Gannon’s many intramural sports, club teams, or one of 22 Division II athletic teams
Gannon’s community is made up of students from 52+ countries across the world, whose cultural and faith traditions contribute to Gannon’s inclusive, respectful, and caring community.
Location is everything
Students from around the globe enjoy Pennsylvania’s fourth-largest city, Erie, which boasts:
• 11 kilometers of beaches
• Tax-free shopping
• Minor league sports
• Vibrant entertainment/cultural scene
• Four seasons of fun
Gannon’s urban campus is at the center of the city of Erie. Only a two-hour drive from Cleveland, Ohio; Buffalo, New York; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; and Niagara Falls, Canada, Erie has small-town friendliness and big-city attractions.
We believe in your possibilities. Do you?