The Loyola experience
Ranked a top 100 university by U.S. News & World Report, Loyola University Chicago continues to advance the 450-year-old Jesuit tradition of rigorous academic study grounded in the liberal arts. We empower you to develop your knowledge and skills, find your purpose, shape your identity, and make a difference in your community. Loyola’s transformative education will help you develop as a whole person—intellectually and spiritually.
2018 freshman profile:
• Average GPA: 3.78
• ACT middle 50%: 25–30 composite
• SAT middle 50% Verbal: 570–660
• SAT middle 50% Math: 550–650
Living and learning in Chicago
Loyola students take advantage of many academic opportunities in Chicago.
• 525+ employers have hired Loyola students for academic internships. Research and fieldwork opportunities are available at many major local institutions.
• The population of the Chicago metropolitan area is 2,736,100, with over 200 neighborhoods representing cultures from around the globe.
• Chicago is home to 70 museums, 200 theatres, 6,500 restaurants, and 26 miles of public beaches.
Learn more at luc.edu/chicago.
Begin in Rome, finish in Chicago
Rome Start gives select students the opportunity to spend the first year of their Loyola experience studying at our campus in Rome, Italy. After their first year in Rome, students complete their degree at our main campus in Chicago. This unique program allows students to gain a global perspective through their education while receiving a renowned Loyola degree. To learn more about RomeStart, visit luc.edu/romestart.