Forming leaders engaged in learning, faith, justice, and service for life
Located in one of Mobile’s most picturesque neighborhoods, Spring Hill’s campus rests on 381 acres, is naturally landscaped, and features huge oaks, azalea-lined walkways, and an 18-hole golf course. Several buildings are listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
• 1,496 total enrolled students come from 36 states and 11 countries.
• 60% of the students are women and 40% are men.
• 60% of students are from outside Alabama.
• 51% of students are Catholic.
• Our students contribute 27,000+ hours to the local community each year.
• Spring Hill has more than 50 registered student organizations.
Founded in 1830, Spring Hill College has provided a powerful liberal arts education in the Jesuit tradition for almost two centuries. Spring Hill’s mission is to form leaders in service to others, fulfilling the unique potential of each individual. As a result, our students are engaged, inspired, and transformed by their experiences.
Spring Hill College is...
• The oldest continuously operated private institution of higher education in the state of Alabama
• The first Catholic college in the Southeast and the third-oldest Jesuit Catholic college in the United States
• Ranked #1 by Southern Living magazine in “The South’s Most Beautiful Colleges”
• Student-faculty ratio: 14:1
• Average class size: 17
• Faculty with doctoral/highest
degree in their field: 91%
• 45+ undergraduate majors and areas of concentration
• Average high school GPA of 3.36–4.0 and an ACT composite score of 22–27 (freshman class)
• Most popular declared undergraduate majors:
1. Science and Math (21%)
2. Business (20%)
3. Social Sciences (19%)
4. Communication, Fine & Performing Arts (10%)
5. Nursing (9%)
6. Teacher Education (8%)
One hundred percent of students receive financial aid, including scholarships, grants, federal loans, and work-study.
Located on the Gulf Coast in Mobile, Alabama, Spring Hill College is only 30 minutes away from some of the country’s best beaches. With a population of approximately 540,000 residents, the Mobile Bay area combines southern beauty and charm with a fast-growing metropolitan area. The region offers professional, cultural, and recreational opportunities for people of all ages.
Graduates and careers
A Spring Hill College education prepares alumni for a variety of graduate and professional opportunities, from community service and political office to medical and graduate school. Our Pathways to Purpose programs help students explore and pursue career paths that best fit their individual goals as they join a network of close to 12,000 alumni worldwide.
• Our graduates earn 28% above the national average salary.
Jesuit liberal arts education
Focused on the Jesuit principle of cura personalis, or care and development of the whole person, students are encouraged to actively build skills, discover passions, and reflect upon strengths and opportunities as they plan their futures.
• One-of-a-kind opportunity to study at our Center in Bologna, Italy
• Four-year guaranteed housing
in campus residence halls and apartments
• 89% of traditional undergraduates living on campus
Spring Hill College has participated in intercollegiate athletics since 1889 when the baseball team first took to the diamond. The Badgers currently have 16 teams that compete in NCAA Division II and the Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC) or the Gulf South Conference (GSC). Since 1979, SHC has produced 61 NAIA All-Americans and 180 Daktronics-NAIA Scholar Athletes.
• Varsity sports: Baseball (m), basketball (m & w), beach volleyball (w), cross-country (m & w), golf (m & w), soccer (m & w), softball (w), tennis (m & w), track & field (m & w), volleyball (w)
• Junior varsity teams: Baseball (m), basketball (m), soccer (m & w), softball (w)
• Club sports: Bowling (m & w), co-ed cheerleading, dance (w)
• Intramural sports: Five-on-five basketball, flag football, sand volleyball, soccer, softball, Ultimate Frisbee; 40% student participation
• Academics: Our student-athletes maintain a high level of academic excellence with an average GPA above 3.0.