School of Science Degree Programs
• Biology with a concentration in Molecular Cell Physiology
• Chemistry with a concentration in Advanced Chemistry
• Chemistry with a concentration in Biochemistry
• Chemistry with a concentration in Chemical Physics
• Clinical Laboratory Science with a concentration in Medical Laboratory Science
• Computer Science with concentrations in Applied Computing and Advanced Computing (BS and MS programs; both degrees can be completed as part of the five-year baccalaureate/master’s program)
• Marine and Environmental Biology and Policy
• Mathematics with a concentration in Statistics
• Medical Laboratory Science
• Software Engineering (BS and MS programs; both degrees can be completed as part of the five-year baccalaureate/master’s program)
The Pre-professional Health Advisory Committee assists students interested in pursuing pre-medical, pre-health, pre-dental, or pre-veterinary careers.
Marjorie K. Unterberg School of Nursing and Health Studies Degree Programs
• Health Promotion: Fitness and Wellness or Public Health
• Health Studies: Health Science or Exercise Science
• Health and Physical Education/Education (K-12 teaching endorsement)
• Nursing (BSN—freshman applicants only)
• RN to MSN (transfer students only—applicants must have RN license)
* Teaching option available
Type of School: Nondenominational, private, nonprofit liberal arts university
Size of Campus: 159 acres
Number of Students: Approximately 4,600 undergraduate and 1,700 graduate students
Number of Faculty: 302 full-time teaching faculty, including 111 graduate faculty members
Colleges, Programs, and Degrees: 32 undergraduate programs and 24 graduate programs under six schools: Leon Hess Business School, School of Education, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, School of Nursing and Health Studies, School of Science, and School of Social Work
Geographic Diversity: 29 states and 31 countries represented
Scientific discoveries can change the way we understand our world in an instant. Which is why, at the Monmouth University School of Science, we offer a dynamic and personalized education that emphasizes hands-on research and creative problem solving within each of our distinctive science, health, and technology degree programs.
Students at Monmouth benefit from small classes taught by highly qualified faculty, excellent on-campus resources, and a challenging academic experience that is both high impact and immersive, extending beyond the classroom. By integrating classroom, laboratory, research, and practical experiences, Monmouth University provides students with the skills necessary for lifelong learning and collaborative problem solving while helping them establish the foundation for successful careers.
At Monmouth, you’ll have the opportunity to conduct meaningful research with faculty mentors and present the results at public meetings and academic and industry conferences. Research training like this will help you develop marketable skills, especially the ability to plan, conduct, and present a major project, regardless of your future career.
Located in West Long Branch, New Jersey, Monmouth University’s beautiful and historic campus is just over one hour from New York City and is within walking distance of the beaches of the Atlantic Ocean. The University, which has been named a “Best College” by The Princeton Review and U.S. News & World Report, is committed to providing modern, state-of-the-art facilities. A $42 million renovation and expansion of Monmouth’s science facilities is currently underway and scheduled to be completed in 2018.