Live a Barry Life.
• Founded in 1940
• 122-acre campus in Miami, Florida, one of the nation’s most exciting and multicultural cities
• More than 150 bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree programs
• Total enrollment of approximately 7,500 students from nearly all 50 states and 80 countries
• 13:1 student-faculty ratio, which supports small class sizes, personal attention, and engaged learning
• Classes taught by professors (80% have PhDs) and not graduate assistants
• Winner of 19 NCAA national championships
• Named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll every year since 2012 after students, faculty, and staff logged more than 45,000 service hours
- International Advertising
• Applied Sport and Exercise Sciences
- Art History, Graphic Design, Studio Art
• Athletic Training
- Five-year seamless BS to MS
- Marine, Pre-dental, Pre-medical, Pre-pharmacy, and other health specializations
• Broadcast and Emerging Media
• Business Administration
- Accounting, Finance, International Business, Management, Marketing
• Cardiovascular Perfusion
- Biochemistry, Pre-dental, Pre-medical, Pre-pharmacy, Pre-veterinary
• Clinical Biology
- Histotechnology, Medical Technology
• Communication and Media Studies
• Computer Information Sciences
• Computer Science
- Infancy to Early Childhood (Birth-Grade 3), Early and Middle Childhood (Grades K-6), Special Education (Grades K-12), ESOL and Reading Endorsements, BS with MS option
- Literature, Professional Writing
• Exercise Physiology
- Five-year seamless BS to MS
• General Studies
• International Studies
• Mathematical Sciences
- Computational Mathematics, General Mathematics, Statistics/Actuarial Science
- Instrumental Performance, Music Education, Vocal Performance
• Political Science
- Forensic, Industrial/Organizational
• Public Relations
• Social Work
- Five-year seamless BSW to MSW
- Language and Literature, Translation and Interpretation
• Sport, Exercise, and Performance Psychology
• Sport Management
- Diving Industry, five-year seamless BS to MS
- Acting, Dance Theatre, Technical Theatre
* Two-year non-degree program
Life at Barry University in Miami, Florida, offers exciting learning opportunities and so much more. You hang out at the pool on a campus lined with palm trees. You chat with a visiting scientist. You cheer on one of our championship athletic programs like tennis, volleyball, or rowing. You spend hours in the lab conducting your own research but make up for it on Saturday with a trip to South Beach or the Arts District. You intern at a major city hospital. You make a difference.
While living in the international city of Miami and learning with students from around the world, your college experience will be anything but typical. As a student, you’ll quickly realize that Barry offers far more than classrooms and tests; learning comes from everything around you.
Prepare for your future
At Barry, you work with professors who not only know your name but will also help you explore your field of interest, whether it’s Pre-med, Nursing, Athletic Training, or any of themore than 20 health-related majors on campus. At Barry, you have many opportunities to deepen your education, such as an Honors Program that engages you with classes in cultureand philosophy. You consider the Atlantic Ocean your laboratory.
No matter what path you choose, you gain hands-on experience before you graduate. You prepare tissue samples that help a doctor make a correct diagnosis and save a life. You analyze public health in Jamaica and share your insights with government officials. You present your research findings in neuroscience at a national conference. You learn how to operate a heart and lung machine, which keeps patients alive during open-heart surgery. You apply what you’ve learned in the classroom to a rapidly changing world of health sciences.
Make a difference
At Barry, you do more than advance your career; you learn to make the world a better place. Barry’s Center for Community Service Initiatives fosters partnerships with community organizations, so some of your classes use service learning to integrate your course work with community needs. You plan a health fair that provides basic care to low-income communities. You work with at-risk teens and help them see the world through a different lens. You help migrant farm-workers advocate for fair treatment. You give the gift of shelter to a deserving family with Habitat for Humanity.You live Barry University’s commitment to social justice and collaborative service.
As a Barry student, you express yourself—after all, there are more than 60 student organizations to choose from. Best of all, you develop leadership skills and make lifelong friendships at the same time. You run for student office and become a voice for your peers. You lead an intramural sports team to a tournament win.
You also support—or compete on—one of Barry’s 12 varsity teams. A member of NCAA Division II and the Sunshine State Conference, the Barry Buccaneers have won 19 NCAA national championships.
Afford your education
With all that it has to offer, Barry strives to provide the resources to make your education—and college experience—affordable for you and your family. Through scholarships, grants, work-study programs, and low-interest loans, more than 90% of all undergraduates receive some form of financial aid.
Ready to live a Barry life? Contact us to schedule a campus visit or speak to an admissions counselor.