Eastern Connecticut State University
The path to your future starts at Eastern
Eastern Connecticut State University is a vibrant and modern university where innovators, explorers, and scholars thrive. Through taking courses in a variety of disciplines, you will develop the depth and breadth of knowledge that will make you competitive for a wide range of employment opportunities. You’ll love the small classes, close-knit community, and abundant resources at Eastern that support your academic endeavors.
Inside the classroom
Want to get to know your professors? We pride ourselves on offering small class sizes and individualized attention, so your professors will be both teachers and mentors.
• Average class size: 21
• 75% of classes have 29 students or fewer.
• No graduate assistants teach courses.
• 41 majors and 65 minors
• Our interdisciplinary teaching approach fosters critical-thinking, problem-solving, and other in-demand skills employers are seeking.
• In the past 20 years, we’ve built 25 new buildings, including our Science Building and the Fine Arts Instructional Center.
• Eastern students graduate in four years at more than twice the rate of similar colleges.
Beyond typical classes
Ninety-five percent of Eastern students complete an internship or research experience outside their time in the classroom.
• Study abroad through global field courses: travel the world with Eastern faculty and apply your classroom learning.
• Eastern was recently ranked in the top 15 universities in the United States for sending students to present at the NationalConference on Undergraduate Research.
• Gain real-world experience through internships such as Deloitte LLP, the Walt Disney Company, NBC Connecticut, TripAdvisor, and Yale-New Haven Hospital.
• 700 on-campus jobs are available for students.
Whether it’s involvement in clubs, intramural sports, or NCAA athletics, you’ll find Eastern’s diverse campus will effortlessly become your home away from home.
• Residential campus: about 87% of freshmen and the majority of all students live on campus.
• Over 100 clubs and organizations to choose from
• Campus-wide programming with over 2,500 events each year, including off-campus trips on nights and weekends
• 18 Division III NCAA athletic teams with nine national titles
• 23 club and intramural sports
• Eastern is located in the middle of everywhere! It is about halfway between Boston and New York City; 30 minutes east of Hartford, Connecticut; and one hour from Providence, Rhode Island.
Ninety percent of recent Eastern Connecticut State University bachelor’s degree recipients are employed or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation.
• Employment: Eastern graduates are employed at Connecticut Public Schools, ESPN, Edward Jones, MetLife, Pratt & Whitney, and Yale Health Center.
• Graduate school: Whether at Eastern or the Ivy League, our graduates complete advanced degrees all around the world!
• The Center for Internships and Career Development offers lifelong services to link students and alumni with employers. Start meeting with them in your freshman year to develop your professional skills and résumé!
Ranked as top public regional university in New England for the third year in a row U.S. News & World Report
Named a 2022-2023 College of Distinction
Featured in Princeton Review’s 2021 Guide to Green Colleges
Designated as a "Military Friendly" school
• Founded: 1889
• Location: Willimantic, Connecticut
• Enrollment: 4,200 undergraduates
• Average class size: 21
• Student-faculty ratio: 14:1
Admitted Student Profile for Fall 2022
• Total: 4,082
• Full-time undergraduates: 3,275
• From 31 states
• From 8+ foreign nations
• 160 of the 169 Connecticut cities
• 91% of students are from Connecticut
• 87% of first-year students live on campus
• 56% of all undergraduates live on campus
We Are Also Test Optional!
Visit easternct.edu/admissions/test-optional.html for more information.
Virtual Tour: easternct.edu/virtualtour