Eastern Connecticut State University is a vibrant and modern university where innovators, explorers, and scholars thrive.
EASTERN AT A GLANCE
• Founded: 1889
• Location: Willimantic, Connecticut
• Enrollment: 4,300 undergraduates
• Average class size: 23
• Student-faculty ratio: 15:1
Admitted Student Profile for Fall 2018
• Average GPA: 3.2
• SAT middle 50%: 1020–1190
• ACT middle 50%: 19–24
• 40% of enrolled students were in the top 25% of their class.
We Are Also Test Optional!
Visit easternct.edu/admissions/test-optional for more information.
Through taking courses in a variety of disciplines, you will develop the depth and breadth of knowledge that will make you competitivefor a wide range of employment opportunities. You’ll love the small classes, close-knit community, andabundant resources at Eastern that support your academic endeavors.
Inside the classroom
Want to get to know your professors? We pride ourselves on offering small class sizes and individualized attention, so your professors will be both teachers and mentors.
• Average class size: 23
• 75% of classes have 29 students or fewer.
• No graduate assistants teach courses.
• 40+ majors and 56 minors
• Our interdisciplinary teaching approach fosters critical-thinking, problem-solving, and other in-demand skills employers are seeking.
• In the past 20 years, we’ve built 24 new buildings, including our Science Building and the Fine Arts Instructional Center.
• Eastern students graduate in four years at more than twice the rate of similar colleges.
Beyond typical classes
Ninety-five percent of Eastern students complete an internship or researchexperience outside their time in the classroom.
• Study abroad through global field courses: travel the world with Eastern faculty and apply your classroom learning.
• In 2018, Eastern was ranked in the top 15 universities in the United States for sending students to present at the National Conference on Undergraduate Research.
• Gain real-world experience through internships such as Deloitte LLP, the Walt Disney Company, NBC Connecticut, TripAdvisor, and Yale-New Haven Hospital.
• 700 on-campus jobs are available for students.
Whether it’s involvement in clubs, intramural sports, or NCAA athletics, you’ll find Eastern’s diverse campus will effortlessly become your home away from home.
• Residential campus: about 90% of freshmen and 60% of all students live on campus.
• Over 90 clubs and organizations tochoose from
• Campus-wide programming with over 2,500 events each year, including off-campus trips on nights and weekends
• 17 Division III NCAA athletic teams with nine national titles
• 25+ club and intramural sports
• Eastern is located in the middle of everywhere! It is about halfway between Boston and New York City; 30 minutes east of Hartford, Connecticut; and one hour from Providence, Rhode
Ninety percent of recent Eastern Connecticut State University bachelor’s degree recipients are employed or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation.
• Employment: Eastern graduates are employed at Connecticut Public Schools, ESPN, Edward Jones, MetLife, Pratt & Whitney, and Yale Health Center.
• Graduate school: Whether at Eastern or the Ivy League, our graduates complete advanced degrees all around the world!
• The Center for Internships and Career Development offers lifelong services to link students and alumni with employers. Start meeting with them in your freshman year to develop your professional skills and résumé!
• Ranked in the top 25 Regional Public Universities in the North by U.S. News & World Report
• Rated one of the best colleges in the Northeast by The Princeton Review
• Named one of the nation’s top Green Colleges nine years in a row by the US Green Building Council
• Elementary Education program ranked #1 in New England and #8 in the United States by the National Council on Teacher Quality