Eastern Connecticut State University is a vibrant and modern university where innovators, explorers, and scholars thrive.
EASTERN AT A GLANCE
• Founded: 1889
• Location: Willimantic, Connecticut
• Enrollment: 4,300 undergraduates
• Average class size: 24
• Student-faculty ratio: 16:1
Admitted Student Profile for Fall 2017
• Average GPA: 3.2
• SAT middle 50%: 1010–1170
• ACT middle 50%: 19–24
• 37% of enrolled students were in the top 25% of their classes.
We Are Also Test Optional!
Visit easternct.edu/admissions/test-optional for more information.
Through taking courses in a variety of disciplines, you will develop the depth and breadth of knowledge that make you competitive for a wide range of employment opportunities. You will love the small classes, close-knit community, and abundant resources at Eastern that support your academic endeavors.
Inside the classroom
Want to get to know your professors? We pride ourselves on offering small class sizes and individualized attention, so your professors will be both teachers and mentors.
• Average class size: 24
• 75% of classes have 29 students or fewer.
• No graduate assistants teach courses.
• 39 majors and 55 minors
• Our interdisciplinary teaching approach fosters critical thinking, problem solving, and other in-demand skills employers are seeking.
• In the past 19 years we’ve built 23 new buildings, including our Science Building and the Fine Arts Instructional Center.
• Eastern students graduate in four years at more than twice the rate of similar colleges.
Beyond typical classes
Ninety-five percent of Eastern students complete an internship or research experience outside their time in the classroom.
• Study abroad through global field courses: travel the world with Eastern faculty and apply your classroom learning.
• Over the past four years, twice as many Eastern students presented at the National Conference on Undergraduate Research as all other Connecticut public universities combined.
• Gain real-world experience through internships such as Deloitte LLP, the Walt Disney Company, NBC Connecticut, TripAdvisor, and Yale-New Haven Hospital.
• 700 on-campus jobs are available for students.
Whether it’s involvement in clubs, intramural sports, or NCAA athletics, you’ll find Eastern’s diverse campus will effortlessly become your home away from home.
• Residential campus: about 85% of freshmen and 60% of all students live on campus.
• Over 90 clubs and organizations to choose from
• Campus-wide programming, including events and trips on nights and weekends
• 17 Division III NCAA athletic teams, with nine national titles
• 25+ club and intramural sports
• Eastern is located in the middle of everywhere! It is about halfway between Boston and New York City; 30 minutes east of Hartford, Connecticut; and one hour from Providence, Rhode Island.
Ninety percent of recent Eastern Connecticut State University bachelor’s degree recipients are employed or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation.
• Employment: Eastern graduates are employed at Connecticut Public Schools, ESPN, Edward Jones, MetLife, Pratt & Whitney, and Yale Health Center.
• Graduate schools: Whether at Eastern or the Ivy League, our graduates complete advanced degrees all around the world!
• The Center for Internships and Career Development offers lifelong services to link students and alumni with employers. Start meeting with them in your freshman year to develop your professional skills and résumé!
• Ranked the 27th top public university in the North by U.S. News & World Report
• Rated one of the best colleges in the Northeast by The Princeton Review
• Named one of the nation’s top Green Colleges seven years in a row by the US Green Building Council
• Elementary Education program ranked #1 in New England and #8 in the United States by the National Council on Teacher Quality