Imagine receiving a world-class education in the world’s most exciting city, New York, while experiencing the comforts of a serene, beautiful campus.
New York City is the crossroads of the world, with a dynamic mix of culture, commerce, entertainment, and excitement. Staten Island, NEW YORK, on the other hand, is a quiet oasis from the hustle and bustle of Manhattan. One of New York’s five boroughs, Staten Island is also called the borough of parks and is the greenest borough in the city.
First-year international undergraduate students are required to submit the following documents:
• Online application available at cuny.edu/apply
• Non-refundable application fee
• Secondary school documents
• Photocopy of certified translation of all transcripts, diplomas, and certificates if they are not in English
• Proof of English proficiency from non-native speakers of English required
BACHELOR’S DEGREE PROGRAMS
• African and African Diaspora Studies
• American Studies
• Art: Studio Art Concentration
• Biology*: Bioinformatics; Ecology; Evolution and Behavioral Biology; Health Science; Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology; and Neuroscience Tracks
• Business: Finance, International Business, Management, and Marketing Concentrations
• Cinema Studies: Critical Studies and Production Concentrations
• Communications: Corporate Communications, Design and Digital Media, Journalism, and Media Studies Concentrations
• Computer Science
• Computer Science/Mathematics
• Earth and Environmental Science
• Earth Science
• Economics: Business and Finance Specializations
• Education: Adolescence, Childhood, and Early Childhood Programs
• Electrical Engineering
• Engineering Science: Computer, Electrical, and Mechanical Specializations
• English*: Dramatic Literature, Linguistics, Literature, and Writing Concentrations
• Information Systems and Informatics
• International Studies
• Italian Studies*
• Mathematics*: Pure and Applied Mathematics
• Medical Technology
• Music: Classical Performance, Jazz Studies, Literature and Theory, Music Technology, and Performance Concentrations
• Philosophy and Political Science: Dual Major
• Political Science
• Pre-professional Preparation: Dentistry, Law, Medicine, Optometry, Physical Therapy, and Podiatry Programs
• Science, Letters, and Society: Early Childhood Sequence (Birth–2) and Childhood Sequence (1–6)
• Social Work
• Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
* Adolescent Education Track available (Grades 7–12)
TYPE OF SCHOOL: Public
SIZE OF CAMPUS: College of Staten Island is 83 picturesque hectares. On-campus housing is available.
NUMBER OF STUDENTS: Undergraduate enrollment is 12,417. International student population is 2%.
NUMBER OF FACULTY: 646 full-time faculty members; student-faculty ratio is 28:1.
COLLEGES, PROGRAMS, AND DEGREES: College of Staten Island offers a wide range of programs in our School of Business, School of Education, School of Health Sciences, Division of Humanities and Social Sciences, and Division of Science and Technology.
GEOGRAPHIC DIVERSITY: International students come from more than 60 countries.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SERVICES: The Center for Global Engagement provides services for students and scholars from around the world. In addition to processing all required immigration documentation, the Center provides extensive orientation, ongoing advisement, and assistance.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT BUDGET: (Undergraduate)
Tuition and Fees . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .$ 14,480
Living Expenses . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .$26,432
Total . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .$ 40,912
FINANCIAL AID: International students may apply for a partial CSI scholarship, which recognizes academic excellence and college or community service.
TEST SCORE REQUIREMENTS: TOEFL or IELTS is required from non-native speakers of English. SAT and ACT are optional but highly recommended.
APPLICATION DEADLINES AND FEES:
Fall semester: February 1
Spring semester: September 15
Freshman application fee: $65
College of Staten Island is a senior college within the City University of New York, the nation’s leading urban public university. It offers an unusual opportunity to students: to experience life in New York while studying on a large and picturesque 83-hectare campus that boasts the Great Lawn, athletic fields, sculptures, and seating areas, all surrounded by mature woodlands. Fourteen buildings house classrooms, laboratories, instructional spaces, study lounges, and offices. At CSI, students will find excellent degree programs, renowned faculty, vibrant campus life, affordable tuition, cutting-edge technology, and state-of-the-art facilities.
• CSI holds second place in the US for highest number of Fulbright Scholars.
This year CSI was ranked second in the country on the Fulbright Scholars Top-Producing List for Master’s Institutions by the US Department of State.
• CSI has been nationally ranked as a 2017 Top 100 Engineering School by U.S. News & World Report.
U.S. News & World Report ranked CSI nationwide as a Best Engineering School (ABET accredited; highest Engineering degree offered is a bachelor’s or master’s).
• Forbes has named CSI a 2017 Top College in the US.
Forbes’ “Top Colleges” publication ranked CSI #152 in the country as a Top Public College, with criteria based on the direct benefits a college or university provides its students—such as alumni salary, graduation rate, and student satisfaction.
The College of Staten Island offers a number of honors programs, learning communities, and undergraduate research opportunities. Our programs range from the Macaulay Honors College: University Scholars Program, which provides high-achieving students with a special honors curriculum of innovative and challenging courses during the first and second years of study, to the Verrazano School, a program designed to offer students a unique undergraduate education through academically motivated learning communities.
Our faculty members are passionate about their role in the leadership process. They provide students with a rich and structured intellectual opportunity—and they do so with a dazzling array of methodologies. At CSI, our world-class faculty do more than teach. They take a personal interest in students’ development. They mentor them. They partner with them on research projects. They help them shape their professional goals.
Center for Global Engagement
The Center for Global Engagement provides services for students and scholars from around the world. In addition to processing all required immigration documentation, the Center provides extensive orientation, ongoing advisement, and assistance. It also oversees student activities and organizes a variety of on-campus programs throughout the year. Some of those activities include the International Coffee Hours, World on Wednesdays, Immigration 101 Workshops, and International Education Week events.
Dolphin Cove Student Housing
Our residence halls provide students with the convenience of living in the heart of our beautiful campus along with the comfort of living in a fully furnished apartment. Residential students have exclusive access to educational and social community events and on-site residence life staff. The residences also feature exclusive amenities such as our in-residence fitness center, computer center, study lounges, and social lounge.
This is where students go to relax, eat, and find out what’s happening around campus. They can choose from a variety of culinary options and enjoy our spacious cafeteria. They can visit the bookstore, the health center, or the study lounge. The Center is also home to the student-run radio station, WSIA FM 88.9, and the College’s more than 50 student clubs and organizations.
Sports and Recreation Center
Our 77,000-sq. ft. athletic center features two gyms, an eight-lane swimming pool, a fully equipped fitness center, and five racquetball courts. Outside, students work out on a quarter-mile track; compete in tennis, basketball, and handball; and play soccer, baseball, and softball.
Our library features modern resources that promote learning in a quiet, comfortable setting. The building houses a study center, a collection of books and journals in the liberal arts and sciences, computer facilities and online services that provide access to resources beyond the library, an instructional facility on information retrieval and information literacy, and media distribution services in support of instruction.