Something transformative happens when you come to Spring Hill College.
About Spring Hill College
Founded in 1830, Spring Hill College has provided a powerful liberal arts education in the Jesuit tradition for almost two centuries. Spring Hill’s mission is to help students become leaders in service to others, fulfilling the unique potential of each individual. As a result, our students are engaged, inspired, and transformed by their experiences.
• Student-faculty ratio: 13:1
• Average class size: 13
• Faculty with doctoral/highest degree: 91%
• More than 52 undergraduate majors and areas of concentration
• Average high school GPA of 3.12–3.92 and an ACT composite score of 21–27 (freshman class)
• 99% of students receive financial aid, including scholarships, grants, federal loans, and work-study.
Located on the Gulf Coast, Mobile, Alabama, is situated at the mouth of the Mobile River and the edge of Mobile Bay. About 540,000 residents live in the Mobile Bay area, which encompasses approximately 2,800 square miles. Mobile combines Southern beauty and charm with the advantages of a fast-growing metropolitan area. The region offers an abundance of cultural and recreational opportunities for people of all ages.
Graduates and careers
• Close to 15,000 alumni worldwide
• 99.5% of the Class of 2019 attained placement six months after graduation through employment, graduate/professional school, internship or service.
• 100% of the SHC 2020 graduates that applied to medical school were accepted.
• 100% certification rate and a 92% placement rate with our Teacher Education program over the last five years.
Jesuit liberal arts education
• Throughout the world, Jesuits are synonymous with a four-century-old tradition of excellence in education and commitment to caring for the whole person—mind, body, and spirit.
• Spring Hill College currently has 11 Jesuits as part of our campus community.
• The SHC core curriculum lays a strong academic foundation for students as they pursue their chosen field of study.
Spring Hill College provides four-year guaranteed housing in campus residence halls and apartments. Ninety percent of traditional undergraduates live on campus.
Spring Hill College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097; phone: 404-679-4501) to award baccalaureate and master’s degrees.
Professional programs are accredited by the Alabama State Board of Education and the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.