Your bridge to business.
Do you imagine collaborating with Pharmacy students to use Big Data analytics to improve health care treatments? Working at the WNE MakerSpace with your Engineering roommate to develop a start-up business? Or being in the enviable position of having employers looking for you because you have expertise in SAP software? This can be your reality at Western New England University.
In the College of Business, we view education as a bridge connecting students to experiences and professionals in the business world. From internships and industry tours to research projects for real clients, from access to top analytics and financial tools to faculty-led international travel courses, we help you connect classroom theory to résumé-building experiences that prepare you to seize every opportunity.
We’re in good company
Western New England University is among the less than 5% of Business schools in the world accredited by AACSB International—the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Our Sport Management program holds the rare added distinction of accreditation by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA).
We are also among the less than 10% of Business programs in the United States to offer SAP certification, an enterprise resource-planning software used by major corporations to seamlessly share information. With no additional courses, every Business student can earn SAP certification, which can often command higher starting salaries. Students study SAP or SAS in the Business Analytics Center.
• You’ll have access to the Frances and Norman Cohen Trading Room and Financial Center, where you’ll use Morning Star® financial tools to analyze financial information.
• In the Financial Portfolio Management course, students manage a real $100,000 investment fund.
• We’re big on internships! From Disney to PwC, internships are integral to our focus on active learning.
• Our faculty-led travel courses have taken students to study business in such destinations as Cuba, China, Brazil, and London and attend the FIFA World Cup.
• Personalize your business education through participation in our Honors program, pre-professional organizations, learning interest housing communities, minors, and accelerated master’s opportunities.
• In the Product Development and Innovation course, Business and Engineering student entrepreneurs collaborate to create new products.
• The Center for International Sport Business (CISB) hosts talks by international leaders in the industry.
• In addition to Merit Scholarships ($10,000–$22,000), Business students may qualify for Women in Business ($5,000), Business Impact ($2,000), or FIRST® Robotics participation scholarships ($1,000) or Leadership Grants ($3,000).
• Earn your bachelor’s and master’s in our four-year accelerated Accounting program.
• Through our Faculty2Business initiative, professors connect to professionals in the community to build bridges for our students.
• Our new MakerSpace offers a creative space for collaboration and exploration for future entrepreneurs.
• Through our comprehensive Advising Program, every student is supported by a team of four advisors from day one to graduation day.
• Students interested in women’s ice hockey are celebrating the formation of our newest NCAA D-III team.
Our graduates are going places
Our alumni have landed jobs at such organizations as PwC, United Technologies, the Boston Celtics, and Wayfair.
Study at a center of finance and industry
Western New England University is located in Springfield, Massachusetts. The region includes such major employers as MassMutual Financial Group, LEGO Systems, The Hartford, Travelers, KPMG, MGM Springfield, Newell Rubbermaid, and Pratt & Whitney.
Visit wne.edu to take a virtual tour, explore majors, register for an open house, or apply.
A 2019 report from the career website Zippia finds Western New England University to be #5 in the nation and #1 in Massachusetts when it comes to preparing graduates for the job market. The report was based on data from the federal government’s College Scorecard.
Western New England University is ranked in the top 3% of colleges and universities among the top 1,275 public and private institutions reviewed in the United States by The Economist magazine. The rankings analyzed which institutions offered the “best value” for the education received.