Experience More Than a Great University.
• Average class size: 18 students
• 90% of Business faculty hold the highest degrees in their fields.
• 26% of the Class of 2016 studied abroad.
• 62% of the Class of 2016 graduated with SAP certification.
• 1,000 internship sites
• 30% of first-year students are undecided.
COLLEGE OF BUSINESS
• Arts and Entertainment Management
• Business Analytics and Information Management
• General Business
• International Business
• Management and Leadership
• Marketing Communication/ Advertising
• Pharmaceutical Business
• Sport Management
COMBINED DEGREE PROGRAMS
• Five-Year Bachelor/MBA
• Five-Year Bachelor/MSA
• Five-Year Bachelor/MS in Sport Leadership and Coaching
• 3+3 Law Program
In a survey of the College of Business Class of 2016, 90% were employed/offered employment within six months of graduation. Others enrolled in graduate school.
Western New England University is ranked in the top 3% of colleges and universities among the top 1,275 public and private institutions reviewed in the United States by The Economist magazine. The rankings analyzed which institutions offered the “best value” for the education received.
Merit Scholarships of up to $21,000 per year (based on high school performance) make our bottom line tuition affordable and competitive. We are now test optional. More than 130 scholarships are available.
Visit wne.edu/tuition for details.
Do you want to be the next xentrepreneur persuading investors in the Shark Tank? Would you like to put your business skills to work for ESPN or the Miami Dolphins? Or how would you like to qualify for a higher starting salary just because you are certified in SAP software?
Business is hot right now, and the College of Business is the ideal launching point to fuel your dreams. At Western New England University, we give you unlimited opportunities to develop professionalism and leadership skills. If you’ve got big plans, get ready to dive right into a great business education.
We’re in good company
Western New England University is among fewer than 5% of business schools in the world accredited by AACSB International—the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
Sport Management is one of just two programs in the US accredited by both COSMA (Commission on Sport Management Accreditation) and AACSB International.
We are among fewer than 10% of business programs in the US to offer SAP certification, software used by major corporations to seamlessly share information. Every Business student can earn SAP certification, which can often command higher starting salaries. Students study SAP in the new Business Analytics Center.
• The result of a $1 million gift to the College of Business, the Frances and Norman Cohen Trading Room and Financial Center lets you participate in simulated stock market trading exercises.
• In the Financial Portfolio Management course, students manage a real $100,000 investment fund.
• We’re big on internships! From Disney to PricewaterhouseCoopers, internships are integral to our focus on experiential learning.
• Through the London Study Abroad program, you can spend a semester in London for the same cost as living here on campus. Most classes are taught by our own faculty.
• In the Product Development and Innovation course, Business and Engineering students collaborate to produce new products.
• The Center for International Sport Business sponsors the only program of its kind that takes students to study the business of global sporting events, including the Olympic Games and the FIFA World Cup.
• Other international opportunities include short summer seminars in destinations such as China, Italy, or Prague and a Global Scholars program.
• Students study SAP in the state-of-the-art technology of the Business Analytics Center, which opened last fall.
• Leadership Grants of up to $3,000 are available to qualifying full-time freshman and transfer students who have demonstrated their leadership in high school, college, or community experiences.
Our graduates are going places
Our alumni have landed jobs at such organizations as PricewaterhouseCoopers, United Technologies, the Boston Celtics, and Unilever.
A thriving business center
Western New England University is located in Springfield, Massachusetts, just over the border from Hartford, Connecticut. The region includes such major employers as MassMutual Financial Group, LEGO Systems, The Hartford, Travelers, KPMG, UTC Aerospace Systems, Smith & Wesson, Newell Rubbermaid, and Pratt & Whitney.
Visit wne.edu to take a virtual tour, explore majors, register for an open house, or apply.