Connection after connection, the people here—students, faculty, staff—become a community. Individuals connect their faith with learning. Science with scripture. Revelation with research. Competition with compassion. At Bethel College, we are the ground for Spirited Connections.
About Bethel: Founded in 1947, Bethel is an evangelical Christian college of the arts and sciences affiliated with the Missionary Church.
Students: 1,650 students; more than 25 denominational affiliations; 22% multicultural; 34 states and 11 countries represented
Faculty: Eighty-two percent of full-time tenured faculty hold a terminal degree in their field. They consider their primary role to be teachers and mentors to Bethel students.
Class size: The average class has 16 students, and the student-faculty ratio is 12:1.
Student organizations: More than 30 active student organizations provide ample opportunities to get involved.
Financial aid: More than 97% of students receive financial assistance. Merit awards of up to $16,000 per year are available for traditional undergraduate students. Awards are based on talent and ability through academics, art, athletics, music, and theatre.
Accreditation: The Higher Learning Commission, Indiana Division of Professional Standards, National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education, Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, National Association of Schools of Music
Areas of Study
• Applied Politics
• Art—Graphic Design
• Art—Studio Arts
• Biblical Languages*
• Biblical Studies*
• Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
• Business Administration
• Business Management*
• Christian Ministries
- Biblical Studies Track
- Children’s Ministries Track
- Christian Ministries Track
- Sports Ministries Track
- TESOL Track
- Youth Ministries Track
• Computer Science*
• Criminal Justice
• Deaf Studies*
• Economics & Finance
- Early Childhood
- Health/Physical Education
- Social Studies
- Special Education
• Engineering & Management
• English & Writing
• Exercise Science
• Family Studies*
• Financial Services Professional
• Intercultural Studies
• International Health
• Liberal Studies
• Mathematics/Physics (Engineering 3-2)
• Music (General)
• Music/Church Music*
• Music Performance
• Musical Theatre*
• Pastoral Ministries
• Sign Language Interpreting
• Sport Management
• Sport Studies
• Theatre Arts
• Undecided/Exploratory Studies
• Worship Arts
• Youth Ministry*
* Associate degree, minor, or concentration
• Physical Therapy
• Veterinary Medicine
• Master of Arts in Business Administration
• Master of Arts in Counseling
• Master of Arts in Education
• Master of Arts in Ministry
• Master of Arts in Pastoral Ministries
• Master of Arts in School Administration
• Master of Arts in Special Education
• Master of Arts in Teaching
• Master of Arts in Theological Studies
• Master of Science in Nursing
• Transition to Teaching
Going to college is about much more than earning a degree. We want you to become completely connected: to understand, with depth and insight, the world and your place in it. Bethel offers the resources you need to get connected and succeed.
Engaged in mind and heart
A college of the arts and sciences, Bethel teaches the skills you will use throughout your lifetime: effective communication, resourceful problem solving, teamwork, and critical thinking.
This solid preparation means that students enjoy success as they pursue their careers or graduate school. With more than 50 areas of study, you will discover your passion and calling and put it to use in the real world.
Room to explore
If you’re not sure what you want to study, you’re not alone! Students who have not made a decision about their major and are eager to explore the wide range of options available to them can do so through Bethel’s unique Exploratory Studies program. The program offers time to exercise intellectual curiosity and define long-term academic and career goals. Students can start by taking “The Bethel Core,” 54 credit hours in liberal arts courses that are required for almost all majors.
The solid preparation built into a Bethel education means graduates in every program enjoy exceptional success. Consider these facts:
• Bethel graduates have been admitted to top-ranking graduate and professional schools, including those at Indiana University, University of Notre Dame, Stanford University, the Peabody Institute of the Johns Hopkins University, Gordon-Conwell Seminary, Cornell University, and many others.
• Bethel has the highest percentage of alumni rated as “highly effective teachers” in the classroom of any other college in Indiana, according to a report by the Indiana Department of Education.
• Ninety-two percent of Bethel students who have applied to medical school have been accepted. This is more than twice the national average of 45%.
• Sign Language Interpreting students achieved a 100% pass rate for the National Interpreter Certification (NIC) written exam.
Real world, real service
Preparing servant leaders is central to Bethel’s mission, so it shouldn’t surprise you to learn our campus is home to a variety of community-focused ministries and missions. You can act on your faith by tutoring children, building houses, feeding the hungry, cleaning parks and neighborhoods, or helping others in a variety of other ways. You can also take part in our annual work day, when classes are cancelled and Bethel students, faculty, and staff pitch in to serve the community.
If you have a heart for missions, you will want to join one of our many task force teams that have traveled to places such as South America, Europe, Russia, Africa, Guatemala, Thailand, Alaska, and California.
You’re not limited to the four walls of the classroom. Bethel offers educational opportunities across the country and around the world, with programs in Australia, Costa Rica, Oxford, and Uganda.
Rich resources in close proximity
Mishawaka/South Bend, an active residential community in Northern Indiana, is an excellent location for your education. You will enjoy the safety and serenity of a suburban setting, but you can also find big-city advantages within easy reach. With more than 16,000 organizations in the region, you can pursue a great internship or job at a major business, health care facility, church, social service agency, or governmental office, all easily accessible from campus.
The Bethel Pilots are perennial powerhouses, competing in the Crossroads League of the NAIA and in the National Christian College Athletic Association (NCCAA). The Pilots have won more than 35 national team championships since 1990.
• Baseball (m)
• Basketball (m/w)
• Competitive Cheerleading (m/w)
• Cross-Country (m/w)
• Drumline (m/w)
• Golf (m/w)
• Lacrosse (w)
• Rugby (m)
• Soccer (m/w)
• Softball (w)
• Tennis (m/w)
• Track & Field (m/w)
• Volleyball (w)