The 160-acre campus in Riverside, California, reflects the University’s Southern California environment, with towering palm trees, mission-style buildings, and a spectacular view of the nearby San Bernardino Mountains.
Type of SCHOOL: Founded in 1950, CBU is affiliated with the California Southern Baptist Convention and is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Size of Campus: 160 acres
Number of Students: More than 10,000 students attend CBU, coming to Riverside from more than 40 states and 33 foreign countries.
Number of Faculty: CBU currently has over 700 full- and part-time faculty members. The student-faculty ratio is 17:1.
Colleges, programs, and degrees: See listing to the left for a partial list of programs. Visit calbaptist.edu/programs for a complete list.
Geographic Diversity: CBU is a short drive from popular Southern California beaches and amusement parks as well as mountain and desert resorts.
International Student Services: Please visit calbaptist.edu/international for more information about admission, tuition, and fees as well as student services.
International Student Budget: Please visit calbaptist.edu/international for more information about admission, tuition, and fees as well as student services.
Financial Aid: Several financial aid opportunities are available to assist international students, including academic scholarships, talent-based scholarships, athletic scholarships, and need-based grants. Please visit calbaptist.edu/international for more information.
Test Score Requirements: Applicants applying from non-English-speaking countries must demonstrate English proficiency in order to ensure a successful experience at CBU. English proficiency can be demonstrated in one of the following ways:
• A recent official test score report with a minimum 71 iBT on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL); CBU’s TOEFL Institution Code is 4094.
• A recent official test score report with a minimum of 5.5 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
• A recent official test score report with a minimum of 48 on the Pearson Test of English (PTE).
• An official test score with a minimum of 430 on the Reading section of the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
• An official test score with a minimum of 16 on the English section of the American College Testing Program (ACT)
• Completion of 24 transferable units from an accredited institution in the United States with a GPA of 2.0 or above, including the CBU course equivalent of English Composition, ENG113
Applicants who have not demonstrated English proficiency may be granted joint/conditional admission into the Undergraduate and Intensive English Program (IEP), CBU’s English as a Second Language Program. Applicants who are granted joint admission will receive a form I-20, which states they have been admitted to the undergraduate program and will receive English-language instruction at CBU through IEP. (All students from non-English-speaking countries, upon arrival to CBU, are required to take a University placement test to ensure proper English proficiency for academic success.)
Application Deadlines and Fees: Fall semester: July 1, spring semester: November 1, summer semester: March 1 (graduate students only, select programs)
CBUintercollegiate athletics (NCAA D-I)
• Baseball (m)
• Basketball (m, w)
• Cheerleading (w)
• Cross-Country (m, w)
• Dance (w)
• Diving (m, w)
• Golf (m, w)
• Soccer (m, w)
• Softball (w)
• Swimming (m, w)
• Track (m, w)
• Volleyball (w)
• Water Polo (m, w)
• Wrestling (m)
• Accounting (BS)
• Applied Theology (BAT)
• Architecture (MArch)
• Aviation Flight (BS)
• Biology (BS)
• Business Administration (BS, MBA)
• Chemistry (BS)
• Christian Studies (BA)
• Civil Engineering (BSCE, MS)
• Communication Sciences and Disorders (BS)
• Communication Studies (BA)
• Computer Science (BS)
• Construction Management (BS)
• Criminal Justice (BS)
• Early Childhood Studies (BA)
• Electrical and Computer Engineering (BSECE)
• Engineering (General) (BSE)
• English (BA)
• Film (BA)
• Finance (BS)
• Graphic Design and Visual Experience (BA)
• Health Education (BS)
• Health Science (BS)
• Healthcare Administration (BS)
• History (BA)
• Intercultural Studies (BA)
• Interior Design (BA)
• Journalism and New Media (BA)
• Kinesiology (BS, MS)
• Liberal Studies (BA)
• Marketing (BS)
• Mathematics (BS)
• Mechanical Engineering (BSME)
• Music (BM, MM)
• Nursing (BSN, MSN, DNP)
• Nutrition and Food Sciences (BS)
• Philosophy (BA)
• Photography (BA)
• Political Science (BA)
• Psychology (BA, MS)
• Public Relations (BA)
• Sociology (BA)
• Software Engineering (BSSE, MS)
• Spanish (BA)
• Sports Analytics (BS)
• Theater (BA)
• Visual Arts (BA)