Abilene Christian University is a selective four-year private Christian university.
We are the best at providing exceptional academics in a Christ-centered community. ACU is deeply rooted in Christian values and fueled by innovative teaching to prepare students for success in today’s global marketplace.
Here you will be challenged intellectually while developing spiritually, all in preparation for successful Christian service and leadership.
An ACU education offers valuable advantages—small classes, diverse student groups, high job placement rates, and strong academic programs—which all add up to a wise investment.
ACU’s competitive scholarships, financial aid programs, and unique annual block tuition model make our cost equivalent to—and sometimes even less—than state universities, all while giving you the opportunity to graduate and enter the job force as quickly as possible.
We want to be a place where you can grow in your faith and come to better understand who Jesus is and what He’s called you to do. Be a part—and discover how your life and work can make a real difference in the world.
We offer 70 undergraduate majors that include more than 135 areas of study, 27 master’s degree programs, and three doctoral programs.
ACU draws students from around the world with a vibrant community of more than 4,900 students representing 51 states and territories, plus 40 nations.
Wear purple and white and cheer on the Wildcats in the NCAA Division I: Southland Conference.
With more than 100 student organizations, you are sure to find something for you!
Our student-faculty ratio is 14:1 and the average class size is 26, so you will get the attention you deserve.
Transfer students with high academic standing, based on cumulative GPA, are eligible to receive merit awards of up to $12,000 per year.
Nearly 25% of graduating seniors have studied abroad in places such as Europe, Asia, Latin America, and Africa.
The best way to find out if ACU is a fit for you is to visit our campus in Abilene, Texas. Schedule your visit online at acu.edu/visit.
UNDERGRADUATE ACADEMIC MAJORS
• Advertising/Public Relations
• Animal Health Professions Co-op
• Animal Science
- Animal Industry and Business
- Biotechnology and Research
- Livestock Management
- Pre-veterinary Medicine and Health
• Architecture (AA)
- Graphic Design
• Art: Teacher Certification
• Bible and Ministry
- Biblical Languages
- Biblical Text
- Christian Ministry
• Biology: Teacher Certification
- Financial Management
• Child and Family Services
• Communication Sciences and Disorders
• Computer Science
• Computer Science and Mathematics: Teacher Certification
• Criminal Justice
• Digital Entertainment Technology
- Early Childhood/Elementary
- Middle School
- Special Education
- Theatre Education
• English: Teacher Certification
• Environmental Science
- Field Technology
- Outdoor Studies
- Politics and Public Policy
- Wildlife and Resource Management
• Global Studies
• Graphic Design/Advertising
• History: Social Studies for Teachers
• History: Teacher Certification
• Information Systems
• Information Technology
• Interior Design
• Journalism: Convergence Journalism
• Journalism: Teacher Certification
- Athletic Training
- Health Promotion
- Pre-occupational Therapy
- Pre-physical Therapy
- Sport and Recreation Management
- Actuarial Science
- Applied Mathematics
- Pure Mathematics
• Mathematics: Teacher Certification
• Ministry and Vocation
- Children and Family Ministry
- Vocational Missions
- Worship Ministry
- Youth and Family Ministry
• Music (BA)
• Music (BM)
- Instrumental Teacher Certification
- Vocal Performance
- Vocal Teacher Certification
- Community Concentration
- Didactic Program in Dietetics
- Exercise Science
- Food Service
• Physical Science: Teacher Certification
• Physics and Mathematics: Teacher Certification
• Political Science
• Political Science: International Relations
• Social Work
• Spanish: Teacher Certification